bamf

Announcing monthly Community Goals

301 posts in this topic

This is something that has been requested many times, and we are finally going to implement Community Goals for the Asylum.  These goals will apply for all players on the server, and will be monthly goals.  Money collected in January will be applied to the month of February - and will continue like that going forward.  

We are announcing the first set of perks today, and will have more rolling out.  The perks you see listed currently are ones that have been coded already (mainly discounts).  We also have a list of perks and abilities that we are mulling over, but since they are not coded and formally committed yet we did not want to put them on the list.  As new things make it into the mission we will add them to the list.  

You can check the progress towards the goals on My Asylum.  You can also see the goal rewards on the Community Goals page.  

We are open to suggestions for goals as well (within reason of course), so if you have something you think the whole community would be excited to donate for then feel free to let us know your suggestion.  

You're not gonna have it on the forum index like every other server? Or is this just something that isn't ready yet?

Just now, Azeh said:

You're not gonna have it on the forum index like every other server? Or is this just something that isn't ready yet?

Not ready yet.  

Just now, Ken. said:

Highest donation level allows you to buy a 10x stack of nitro

Thank me later

@Ken. Can pay the whole donation goal every month. Trust me.

Thank me later.

Tyler, ItsLacie, Revenant and 4 others like this

Just now, Maxime said:

@Ken. Can pay the whole donation goal every month. Trust me.

Thank me later.

10x stack gets implemented, ill get us to tier 4 rite now. 

Codie_Alterman likes this

@bamf Mentioning what this money is going to be used for will make these donations start popping off. But just saying what the goal is & rewards & not saying exactly what the intent of this money is for isn't gonna help much.

Olio, Brendon Smith, Steve and 1 other like this

Just now, SafeMode said:

isnt 700 dollars a month a bit much 

or Am I just delusional 

I think thats just how much it costs to get to tier 1

@SafeMode I dont think so, there are several of us who drop money often just to get keys, nevermind the people here and there that drop $5-$20 to try to get something for themselfs

Codie_Alterman likes this

Just now, [§] Alex said:

Remove tax from rebel.

It's already on the list we're working on.  Just trying to figure out where to fit it in and how it will affect the governor (do we still pay the tax to the governor etc).

Just now, bamf said:

It's already on the list we're working on.  Just trying to figure out where to fit it in and how it will affect the governor (do we still pay the tax to the governor etc).

@bamf Mentioning what this money is going to be used for will make these donations start popping off. But just saying what the goal is & rewards & not saying exactly what the intent of this money is for isn't gonna help much.

Bikstok likes this

Just now, Azeh said:

Sorry, was already brought up by @Haych many times and and discussed a few days before your post :P
b53e65e5e81e305fd0b761f790d8b2b4.png

I assumed someone brought it up before me I just wanted to take the credit :P

So.. you want more money.. and expect us to give more money.. but you don't want to tell us what it is going to be used for? Why would I donate to a server that I can't play on due to it getting restarted and or lagging and kicking me off repeatedly?

Walter White, Feenix, Phil. and 2 others like this

Just now, Ken. said:

@SafeMode I dont think so, there are several of us who drop money often just to get keys, nevermind the people here and there that drop $5-$20 to try to get something for themselfs

I guess it only seems like alot cuz im a poor college kid :(

Ken. likes this

maybe the donation goals should include worthy updates instead of money breaks as you need people to remain interested in you server if they see a dono goal for lets say a better bank than the shit fest we have now ppl will donate and youll be motivated but who the fuck is gonna donate just to get a discount might as well buy money at that point

Brendon Smith likes this

Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

So.. you want more money.. and expect us to give more money.. but you don't want to tell us what it is going to be used for? Why would I donate to a server that I can't play on due to it getting restarted and or lagging and kicking me off repeatedly?

This, seems like a bunch of horse shit because everytime someone asks what this money is going to be used for the question is avoided with "rewards".

No one gives a fuck about goals, we want NO FUCKING LAG.

Maaqs, SWolf, Brendon Smith and 1 other like this

Just now, Budbringer said:

How much money are the different tiers?

First one is $700

Just now, bamf said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about donation rewards. It's just a stupid thing that should have been removed as soon as government taxes was added.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Remove tax from Rebel

Rebel Tax = Owner of Arms

Take away money from fridge?

uwotm8?

You know what I mean. As of now these "goals" are kind of a joke. I saw a list of possible things and a bunch of them are just balanced changes. I think balances should be done based on the gameplay and not how much money was donated. These goals should be features added.

Clint Beastwood and SafeMode like this

Just now, bamf said:

Just remove the governor. Easy workaround.

Towelie and Kevingreen23 like this