Fire Escape Stairs  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Escape Stairs

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

If the bank ever comes back, yay or nay to a side ladder replacement with the Tanoa fire escape stairs? Or even have it at the Pyrgos bank.

8c7b63a2facf28f17aede1795877e15d.jpg

Lot of complaints with ladders not working, and you won't get lethaled off the roof anymore.

For the record APD officers will still actually have to go up two ladders before getting to the stairs. So anyone saying its to hard to hold the staircase needs to not hold the staircase and watch the two other ladders officers have to go up beforehand.

Now you can't just lay on the roof endlessly, you will actually have to peak.

Edited by Patato
On 1/9/2018 at 1:49 AM, Norwegianviking said:

OK that's cool. Bring back parking meters @bamf

Yes!!!! I need to role play with @ColtonB205 as Repo Patrol and move all unpaid vehicles!!!

edit: at the current bank location, I’m all for the fire escape but not on the bank roof itself. Maybe the other two ATM buildings. But not the bank itself

Edited by Mayhem
  • 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Bump

less sniper elite , less lethals at bank, more bank push tactics, bank payout just got a huge buff too
vote if you didn't before

No need to. Any competent player can cover the roof from construction or somewhere else while cops push in to fight for or simply just disable the drill. Way too many angles while on the roof to worry about someone simply just running up on top of you.

If this is to help balance the buff, increase the elevated time.

Huan Lee likes this
22 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Bump

less sniper elite , less lethals at bank, more bank push tactics, bank payout just got a huge buff too

I think it would be best if something gets removed in place of this. From what I have seen the close big construction building should get removed if this is put in place. From what I understand that was implemented because cops needed somewhere closer then first ATM or the 150ks to push to and use it to help take the bank. In the vast majority of banks that I've seen they just use the construction to quick peak from and it seems to be no different then killing the cops on First ATM. Its rarely ever used to actually push the bank itself unless there is only 1 or 2 rebels left.

Patato likes this
28 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Bump

Its more of a problem with shitty higher ups and constables being promoted that are encouraging the sniper elite.  Literally, all you need to do is put someone on lighthouse get 2+ people to push 1st floor have 1 person flash rock and then 1 person push up side ladder while the 1st floor pushes push main ladder while flash rock is flashing roof and lighthouse is covering people who peek.  Its a 5 man op at least which 4 is required for a bank anyways.  Higher ups need to man the fuck up and pull armor.  If they dont have the money to get armor then fucking make it.  Scotch is easy, meth is easy, easier with a house, and then there is other money making ways.  I see no problem with the current way bank is set up

Its a flat out huge buff to cops. No amount of "Less sniping is fun" is gonna change the fact that this will make playing bank roof nearly impossible. You would need 2 people at least dedicated to watching nothing but the stairs.

That said Im not a fan of the snipe fest that currently goes on at the bank from the cop or civ side. Rebels hold all the cards sitting on the roof and there is nothing forcing them to peak, especially after the drills been disabled. Often times cops give it one life and leave.

Just to try out the editor I figured I'd make a bank compound. Feedbacks appreciated but this is mainly a draft to see if a bank would be viable without the office building. There isnt much you can change with the current bank because its really just one building, rebels rarely play outside of it. 

7d82f2201f887fa55911e1112610bba9.jpg

9a9254693a4a3615b65979afd1100c39.jpg

Overall the rebels should be contained within the compound. A few small constructions/houses would be enough to let some cops hard aim the deerstands. 

20 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Could also remove access to the inside ladder so only the stairs would have to be watched. Also have ideas on stopping people from jumping on vans :)

Just an idea I had recently Henry but has the old SWAT ladder been considered for use in the store at the police HQ's? I do not not enough about the cop y inventory store to understand how possible it would be to add it behind say a rank like corporal and simply have a policy on how many can be out at a time or hard script on limited placement? Just some ideas as I have no idea where SWAT stand but this sounds like a temporary solution to the problem.

20 hours ago, danile666 said:

Or you could quit spoonfeeding these rebels all day long and make them actually fight for things?  It is getting old.

Spoon feeding rebels? The fed was fine and perfectly balanced prior to the addition of vans. Vans give cops infinite swat ladders that can be used on multiple locations at once, how is that fair? Rebels shouldn’t have to account for 6 gates at once.