@bamf @Gnashes ok, I admit I am one of the guys that donated a long time ago. (25) just to buy crates and spawn with debit card.

however.... I have made more then that from Trading in game (Cough)..

so... how about we get some of these changes going and I promise that I will donate to give BACK SOME of the Items I have gotten from playing here.

changes like....... bank? fed? um... I mean I really don't see the need to list everything again considering its been posted so many times.

@Gnashes yes u do get a lot of Crap thrown in ur face I will agree...but  people are people it is going to happen. (but I do remember u being very toxic in the past)

@bamf sad to hear ur feeling the heavy load on ur shoulders from the cost of things, for that I am sorry I know how that is considering I am a family man (a lot of people have heard my kids in the background on ts). a lot of my old friends are going to Olympus and yes I played a bit over there just last night to see what they are talking bout. (ran very smooth)

But I've grown used to the way asylum game play is. yes I haven't been here as long as a lot of these guys have been but I feel I've been here long enough to share how I feel about all this. I understand some of these things that us players are wanting are not what You had in mind for the game and its ya'lls server and all but server without players is what?

how bout this..... change a feature that players have been raving about wanting done and put... 150$ donation or ill remove it since ya'll didn't keep your word on donating? its kinda like my job I do work and expect to get paid at the END of my work and not before.

ill keep my word and donate if I see things being changed to what we have requested. a lot of people on this server that has played with me can vouch on my word. I honestly do not know what else to say but please consider these things I have stated and don't get upset or offended...  @bamf if u made it this far on reading what I have typed I hope to see a notification on my forum account with ur name on it. ;) 

From a Friendly Asylum player: BigJohn 

PS: I know this isn't typed well so, no need to comment on it.

I posted this in announcement's and realized maybe this should be here instead since I made a suggestion.

Holding the developers for ransom with your donations isn't the way to get what you want.

Edited to add: We don't hire the developers. The developers work on Asylum in their off time as a hobby. This isn't their full time job. I'm sure if you wanted to fork up the money to pay them a salary then they would be very happy to work full time.

Edited by Samperino
Just now, Samperino said:

Holding the developers for ransom with your donations isn't the way to get what you want.

Edited to add: We don't hire the developers. The developers work on Asylum in their off time as a hobby. This isn't their full time job. I'm sure if you wanted to fork up the money to pay them a salary then they would be very happy to work full time.

I mean u can look at it as ransom but... isn't he holding back from us things we want for donations?

Perhaps a better compromise would be adding community-driven content updates to the list of donation goals. 

Allow the community to make proposals, have the community vote, bamf and gnashes take the top five or so and sort them according to the amount of time and effort required to implement. If the goal is met, the content is added to the game. A system like this would bring real incentives to the table, freshen up the existing gameplay, and it would likely result in far more donations than meager numeric changes with little bearing on actual gameplay. As an added bonus, the community would have a more prominent role in shaping Asylum's gameplay and future. 

It may not be a perfect solution, but thanks to Bohemia and their draconian donation rules it's probably about as good as it's going to get. 

Frizzy, CadeRooney, Steve and 7 others like this
7 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

I mean u can look at it as ransom but... isn't he holding back from us things we want for donations?

You kinda are holding the donations for ransom in the way you worded everything... Not the way to go about getting what you and others want personally. 

Just now, Buckwalter said:

Perhaps a better compromise would be adding community-driven content updates to the list of donation goals. 

Allow the community to make proposals, have the community vote, bamf and gnashes take the top five or so and sort them according to the amount of time and effort required to implement. If the goal is met, the content is added to the game. A system like this would bring real incentives to the table, freshen up the existing gameplay, and it would likely result in far more donations than meager numeric changes with little bearing on actual gameplay. As an added bonus, the community would have a more prominent role in shaping Asylum's gameplay and future. 

It may not be a perfect solution, but thanks to Bohemia and their draconian donation rules it's probably about as good as it's going to get. 

Different wording kinda what i was trying to get at. Im better at talking then typing out everything i reckon... :FeelsBadMan:

38 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

That's why you gotta read guys.

I think we should make it compulsory that each player pay 5$ once a 14-day trial of Asylum has ended. Community spirit doesn't work, every player on this game has a Paypal and every person should pay their way if they like the game.

'Community donation targets' will just make the value of the Asylum dollar plummet, it's a fake system!

Edited by finn_
Just now, finn_ said:

I think we should make it compulsory that each player pay 5$ once a 14-day trial of Asylum has ended. Community spirit doesn't work, every player on this game has a Paypal and every person should pay their way if they like the game.

'Community donation targets' will just make the value of the Asylum dollar plummet, it's a fake system!

Against BIS Monetization Rules. But good try.

and this

Just now, Azeh said:

Not sure if trolling. This is maybe the dumbest thing I've read.

5 hours ago, finn_ said:

While pay to play whitelisted servers are out there and some do prosper, this idea would be almost unanimously rejected by the community. That is simply the case because it's never been that way.