Server issues 1-10-18

bamf

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

dont need every rollback and lag spike posted lol.

but if we don't keep him updated, how else is he supposed to know that there are still issues despite the comment below.

The data center says it's back to normal, so it should be fine now.  The servers are being hard reset, so everything should be back to normal now.

Yes, the server itself (talking about 4 here) seems to be running smoother, but there's still the issue of talents/spawn location resetting.

Mada likes this
1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Servers are now way better than they where before and shits being run the way its supposed to now, props to @bamf. But people need to realize that the server will lag and roll back from time to time regardless of optimizations so take it with a pinch of salt, its not always gonna be perfect, dont need every rollback and lag spike posted lol.

Mhm maybe I will start playing again if its actually better.

Just now, DaRkShuvo said:

Is there a time estimate for when the rollback problems will be solved? Progress up to a few mins or even an hour or more are being lost.

I'm unable to reproduce the rollback issue either on live or dev.  

Edit:  Also, we did not touch the way saving player data was handled between the big test on Tuesday and rolling this patch out more broadly yesterday.

@bamf I was on early this morning at 1:00 AM MST and the server did a soft restart. I had just finished fighting at drug cartel and synced. After restart I came on and found that it had rolled me back to what my state was at the beginning of the restart (I was  in civilian clothes in Athira). The money I had accumulated during that restart disappeared. I submitted a comp request and the admin @Jbdragon was able to help me out in restoring my bank account. You can see my comp request for video of the rollback. This also means that the rollbacks are not limited to hard restarts.

Edited by Biground

So after multiple rollbacks I have come to this conclusion. It rolls you back where you log in last. For example if you log in play 3 hours and the server restarts you rollback to that 3 hours ago log in point. If you play 2 hrs and 30 minutes and log out and then back in, you rollback the last 30 minutes. 

Meaning, if you log out, and then log back in right before restart, you WILL NOT roll back.

Edited by Biground