Rotor Tapping

Hello, on many servers it is allowed to "hover over a spooling helicopter to stop them taking off" however if you touch them so they blow up you have to comp or face a VDM ban. I think this would be a good idea on asylum because chasing helicopters is pointless. If we were able to do this it would make it so an orca isnt so much as a safe haven any more, at the minute as soon as you start spooling you can be gone before another heli even comes in to rob/kill you. I would like to hear other peoples opinions on this because I personally think It would be great.

@bamf @Gnashes @HapHazard

Edited by william
TRYHARD likes this
Just now, william said:

Hello, on many servers it is allowed to "hover over a spooling helicopter to stop them taking off" however if you touch them so they blow up you have to comp or face a VDM ban. I think this would be a good idea on asylum because chasing helicopters is pointless. If we were able to do this it would make it so an orca isnt so much as a safe haven any more, at the minute as soon as you start spooling you can be gone before another heli even comes in to rob/kill you. I would like to hear other peoples opinions on this because I personally think It would be great.

@bamf @Gnashes @HapHazard

You used to be able to tap the rotors off back in the day but they stopped because of vdm reports but i wouldnt be opposed to it being a thing again.

Mayhem likes this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You used to be able to tap the rotors off back in the day but they stopped because of vdm reports but i wouldnt be opposed to it being a thing again.

Same, as long as comps were given but so many people who point fingers and be like “oh no you hit me” and blah blah blah, but it made for good fighting, plus now I think orcas are more “vulnerable” to bullets, should be more fun

Just now, Mayhem said:

Same, as long as comps were given but so many people who point fingers and be like “oh no you hit me” and blah blah blah, but it made for good fighting, plus now I think orcas are more “vulnerable” to bullets, should be more fun

Exactly. Like just make it so if the disabling of the rotor causes death then comp so its a risk for reward type situation.

Do not Vehicle Deathmatch (VDM)

VDM is using your vehicle as an OFFENSIVE weapon.

Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM, and is not allowed.

Armored Vehicles may be used in an offensive manner against ONLY other armored vehicles. (Strider/Hunter/Ifrit) due to the difficulty in stopping those types of vehicles

You may hit a player with your vehicle only if they are firing at you, and blocking your direct path of travel. You may not maneuver to intentionally hit a player.

Just now, |Cam| said:

Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM, and is not allowed.

Armored Vehicles may be used in an offensive manner against ONLY other armored vehicles. (Strider/Hunter/Ifrit) due to the difficulty in stopping those types of vehicles

You may hit a player with your vehicle only if they are firing at you, and blocking your direct path of travel. You may not maneuver to intentionally hit a player.

?

Just now, william said:

?

Just putting that there to read, Im no admin but I dont think this doesn't fall under any of that. The question is... is hovering over another heli considered "offensive". this is all about Loose or Strict interpretation of rules

If I remember correctly we stopped allowing it because of people were not very good at it and tried the most crazaiest things

Firstly we stopped allowing it on the choppers in movement, where it was only allowed to do it on stationary choppers, then it was removed from that also.

So many arguments with this, and so many bad pilots/desync, so it was not worth it to be allowed.

I myself always loved to do it and was a bit sad when it was declared VDM, and I still dont think its VDM

Just now, Budbringer said:

If I remember correctly we stopped allowing it because of people were not very good at it and tried the most crazaiest things

Firstly we stopped allowing it on the choppers in movement, where it was only allowed to do it on stationary choppers, then it was removed from that also.

So many arguments with this, and so many bad pilots/desync, so it was not worth it to be allowed.

I myself always loved to do it and was a bit sad when it was declared VDM, and I still dont think its VDM

should only be VDM if the pilot of the attacking orca causes the other orca to blow up by direct fault of himself.

Just now, Budbringer said:

Well, thats where the argument started. Is it the hoverings choppers fault for blocking path or the other choppers fault for flying into him? 

its pretty obvious to be honest. If your going to fly straight into someone knowing full well your going to blow up then its your fault. If the attacking helicopter is just hovering a meter above the other its really doing nothing wrong.

Just now, |Cam| said:

Just putting that there to read, Im no admin but I dont think this doesn't fall under any of that. The question is... is hovering over another heli considered "offensive". this is all about Loose or Strict interpretation of rules

Just now, |Cam| said:

imo its pointless implementing it, i havent played in a while but im pretty sure advanced pilot mode lets you take off right away

1 hour ago, |Cam| said:

You missed an entire rule about helicopters, specifically.

Helicopters

Impeding the flight path of a helicopter with your own is not suggested on the Asylum.

If your helicopter touches another helicopter and it is determined the incident was not a simple accident, then you are guilty of VDM regardless of the outcome of the incident.

Warning shots are allowed against helicopters that are attempting to land or hover near your position.

If the helicopter does not leave the area after multiple warning shots, you may attempt to disable the helicopter.

tl;dr: You're free to hover over another helicopter. But if they take off anyway and die, your fault, you're banned. I don't see us changing this because of historical stupidity.