Change log 8.0.8

bamf

Just now, bamf said:

When you guys have asked me to increase the radius at the prison, I assume you're meaning the red box that pops up correct?  

Speaking of prison, do you think it's possible for the APD to get an option to disable the prison break after X minutes have passed or something related? There are numerous times where we respond to it and, even after looking into every place around, we can't find anyone. Seems like some people either hide too well or soft log in the middle of it, making it glitch and become deactivated only after a very long time.

Maybe a feature like disabling the bank drill? Would it be viable?

@bamf @Gnashes

Edited by BlackShot
Just now, BlackShot said:

Speaking of prison, do you think it's possible for the APD to get an option to disable the prison break after X minutes have passed or something related? There are numerous times where we respond to it and, even after looking into every place around, we can't seem to find anyone. Seems like some people either hide too well or soft log in the middle of it, making it glitch and become deactivated only after a very long time.

Maybe a feature like disabling the bank drill?

@bamf @Gnashes

The prison already has timers.  Once the front door is broken into, there is a timer that will put the prison back into lockdown.  I'll go back and double check, but I I am pretty sure there are timers that lock everything back up...

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

I started a solo prison about a week ago. I ran to close the front gate and when I reached the gate the prison stopped because I was out of the radius.

I have addressed this, and it should be fixed in the hotfix going live shortly.  

K1NG and BlackShot like this
Just now, bamf said:

The prison already has timers.  Once the front door is broken into, there is a timer that will put the prison back into lockdown.  I'll go back and double check, but I I am pretty sure there are timers that lock everything back up...

I have addressed this, and it should be fixed in the hotfix going live shortly.  

I think it's indeed put back into lockdown, but it takes way too long to get to it, especially if someone started the prison and glitched into an unreachable place or soft logged right after.

This means cops will either have to stick around until this very long timer is reached or they will have to leave it while it's still in progress, giving other people the chance to do a prison break without having cops to bust them.

Having an option to disable it manually could be very handy as far as I can think.

Just now, BlackShot said:

I think it's indeed put back into lockdown, but it takes way too long to get to it, especially if someone started the prison and glitched into an unreachable place or soft logged right after.

This means cops will either have to stick around until this very long timer is reached or they will have to leave it while it's still in progress, giving other people the chance to do a prison break without having cops to bust them.

Having an option to disable it manually could be very handy as far as I can think.

If the power was disabled, then you just need to re-enable the power.  That puts the prison back on lockdown...

Just now, bamf said:

If the power was disabled, then you just need to re-enable the power.  That puts the prison back on lockdown...

I see. But most people who hide or soft log don't even bother disabling the power, so we really can't do anything to stop it besides waiting or leaving.

So a feature to stop it (maybe by interacting with the laptop on the second floor) would be unviable?

On 2018-01-18 at 7:14 PM, Grizz said:

Change zaros perks as follows :

Faster gathering of most minerals ; most legal activities.

Perks of this would be Rodo + Zaros = drug running combo(i.e meth)

Rodo + Panagia = OG caps 

Panagia + Zaros = Crafting combo

As is stands zaros is just doo doo & no one wants it, atleast it'll give gangs & average civ's incentive to go for it.

@bamf @Gnashes

Any input? Too much of a hassel? Would be too OP? Just any thoughts on this. Thanks <3

Please implement something like this it’s actually a very good idea. No one ever fights for Zaros because of the shitty perks. This would be great for large gangs for meth and small gangs for legal money making ways !! Zaros has been neglected for too long!! #MakeZarosGreatAgain @bamf @Gnashes

Farmer Steve likes this
8 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

27A61BF5D0879E034E6BE13E58F2795472122840

You should actualy make a oil cartel in the ocean, maybe underwater so you need sdars? or maybe on oil rig, could make c00l fights

No real point in putting too much effort into oil cartel.  No one really fights oil,  it's the #1 AFK capped cartel.  Although i like the idea, its a dead end...

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

No real point in putting too much effort into oil cartel.  No one really fights oil,  it's the #1 AFK capped cartel.  Although i like the idea, its a dead end...

true, but by actually putting work into the cartel people might be more inclined to fight it. its afk capped so much because nobody gives a shit but a unique cartel such as that may grow popular

cHIP oTLE likes this
16 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

27A61BF5D0879E034E6BE13E58F2795472122840

You should actualy make a oil cartel in the ocean, maybe underwater so you need sdars? or maybe on oil rig, could make c00l fights

It used to be when it first came out, funniest shit ever , legit had to buy a diving suit and sdar just to cap it, but like others have said, no one will actually fight for oil, it produces nothing of worth to fight for, if you need rubber, you solo cap it during the day and just store it afterwards.

Tyler and Silver-Spy like this
On 1/18/2018 at 6:00 PM, bamf said:

You guys want the old spot b/c you have the houses there.  Having it rotate (at least some) helps newer players out.

I forgot to mention bamf that one reason that I think meth lab and ephedra should not rotate is because it's a house running drug. People  sometimes run heroin and coke out of their houses and people don't always run meth out of their house as well. But more often then not it is something that you do run out of your house. What I think is not considered is that the majority of houses up by north lab are already being used for scotch. That being said it really does not make it any easier for newer players to get a house on the cheap and run meth. I think a lot of new players run crank, I see it all the time. They get a shitty meth house that works really well for crank till they have the money to get a better meth house closer to the meth lab.

Edited by Steve