bamf

Change log 8.0.8

290 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

27A61BF5D0879E034E6BE13E58F2795472122840

You should actualy make a oil cartel in the ocean, maybe underwater so you need sdars? or maybe on oil rig, could make c00l fights

No real point in putting too much effort into oil cartel.  No one really fights oil,  it's the #1 AFK capped cartel.  Although i like the idea, its a dead end...

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

No real point in putting too much effort into oil cartel.  No one really fights oil,  it's the #1 AFK capped cartel.  Although i like the idea, its a dead end...

true, but by actually putting work into the cartel people might be more inclined to fight it. its afk capped so much because nobody gives a shit but a unique cartel such as that may grow popular

cHIP ōTLE likes this

Just now, Psycheous said:

true, but by actually putting work into the cartel people might be more inclined to fight it. its afk capped so much because nobody gives a shit but a unique cartel such as that may grow popular

It used to be in the water and no one cared about it

HotWings and Steve like this

Just now, Psycheous said:

Image result for still waiting gif

2 hours ago, Lucien said:

It used to be in the water and no one cared about it

Tru

16 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

You should actualy make a oil cartel in the ocean, maybe underwater so you need sdars? or maybe on oil rig, could make c00l fights

It used to be when it first came out, funniest shit ever , legit had to buy a diving suit and sdar just to cap it, but like others have said, no one will actually fight for oil, it produces nothing of worth to fight for, if you need rubber, you solo cap it during the day and just store it afterwards.

Silver-Spy and Tyler like this

5 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Make it a location for drug or arms, people will fight for that

Just now, Nicolas March said:

Make it a location for drug or arms, people will fight for that

Drug or arms under water? Doesn't make much sense...

cosenza likes this

Just now, McMuffin said:

Drug or arms under water? Doesn't make much sense...

A ship crased and then all the product went underwater

On 1/18/2018 at 6:00 PM, bamf said:

You guys want the old spot b/c you have the houses there.  Having it rotate (at least some) helps newer players out.

I forgot to mention bamf that one reason that I think meth lab and ephedra should not rotate is because it's a house running drug. People  sometimes run heroin and coke out of their houses and people don't always run meth out of their house as well. But more often then not it is something that you do run out of your house. What I think is not considered is that the majority of houses up by north lab are already being used for scotch. That being said it really does not make it any easier for newer players to get a house on the cheap and run meth. I think a lot of new players run crank, I see it all the time. They get a shitty meth house that works really well for crank till they have the money to get a better meth house closer to the meth lab.

Edited by Steve

@bamf @Gnashes People cant use their meth houses on the east side of the map when the lab is by North rebel because the distance is too far and too many cops patrolling around the HWY/Athira. What if you put a second meth location somewhere near DP 24? Those houses arnt used for anything so new players can buy those up and Meth houses near DP 15/14 will still be somewhat useful?

Just now, Tom said:

2E566F06F5114EB895EF98850E4D4A4EC0BF8986

shit was cancer dont bring it back

make a oil rig, then fight on that

Just now, Grizz said:

@Gnashes When can we expect clothing fixes & vehicle unlock bug fix?

I'm working 60+ hour weeks for the next 2-3 months.

When I get time?

Just now, Nicolas March said:

I toyed with something in the past, but didn't have the autonomy to put it in.  I am going to think about it over the next few days and see what I think is viable related to oil. 

Just now, eazy said:

Ngl the clothing bug thing is very annoying, do you guys know whats causing it?

It's an Arma bug.  I know that other communities have implemented "fixes" for it.  I'm thinking maybe we just put a button on the phone that you can hit to re-equip all your gear.  Should be easy enough to do, and that way it's something you can do yourself when necessary.  The alternative would be to use a custom action key to do this as well.  Either way...

Just now, bamf said:

I toyed with something in the past, but didn't have the autonomy to put it in.  I am going to think about it over the next few days and see what I think is viable related to oil. 

It's an Arma bug.  I know that other communities have implemented "fixes" for it.  I'm thinking maybe we just put a button on the phone that you can hit to re-equip all your gear.  Should be easy enough to do, and that way it's something you can do yourself when necessary.  The alternative would be to use a custom action key to do this as well.  Either way...

something is better then nothing right?

maybe instead of fixing prison, you should make it so you don't waste your money at asylum exchange and not have it waste ur money and u cant get it out of ur mailbox after u buy it

Bannab1 likes this

Just now, Sonda said:

maybe instead of fixing prison, you should make it so you don't waste your money at asylum exchange and not have it waste ur money and u cant get it out of ur mailbox after u buy it

Um... What?

Just now, Sonda said:

sick english

Space, McMuffin, BlackShot and 5 others like this

Just now, Sonda said:

He saying that some stuff on exange are gliched, you lose money but dont get gun

7 hours ago, Sonda said:

6 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

He saying that some stuff on exange are gliched, you lose money but dont get gun

Then report it in the "bugs" section...

4 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Then report it in the "bugs" section...

already did dumbass

20 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

Good luck tryna attack

On 1/23/2018 at 11:21 PM, Nicolas March said:

that's how it used to be  and literally nobody ever did it...

Edited by JAY1HP

9 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Whoa, why the hostility?

Because what you said is very dumb.

@bamf Please fix the vehicles locking when you get into them first. So many times lately you get fucked over trying to escape only to have the car lock itself once you get in. Happens when you unlock your vehicle (happens for all vehicles), get in, locks itself and you have to unlock it again. 

BlackShot and Treeontyn like this

4 hours ago, krickenBacker said:

Because what you said is very dumb.

hey kid, fall back.... no one asked you for your input.

Don't get your panties in a bundle bud, i'm just fuckin around

Edited by cHIP ōTLE

2 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

@bamf Please fix the vehicles locking when you get into them first. So many times lately you get fucked over trying to escape only to have the car lock itself once you get in. Happens when you unlock your vehicle (happens for all vehicles), get in, locks itself and you have to unlock it again. 

I'll see if we can nail this down over the weekend.  Something about how we "optimized" this script is causing it, even though it's done in a manner consistent with newer Altis Life frameworks...  

Sean That Irish Guy likes this

Just now, bamf said:

I'll see if we can nail this down over the weekend.  Something about how we "optimized" this script is causing it, even though it's done in a manner consistent with newer Altis Life frameworks...  

What is next on the Asylum Road map?

Hotfix 3:

• Tweaked the prison radius again.  Should solve both issues:  not being able to create shanks and the inability to escape after a prison break.  

Note:  This will roll out after prime time tonight.

Note 2:  I just patched S1 since it was down for a hard restart anyway.

Just now, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• Tweaked the prison radius again.  Should solve both issues:  not being able to create shanks and the inability to escape after a prison break.  

Note:  This will roll out after prime time tonight.

Well it looks like visiting the prisoners is no longer a thing :FeelsBadMan:

Just now, Rhodesian Ronald said:

EMT's are now unionizing in the fight for equal headwear equality

Our demands are simple; and our will iron. We shall no longer be shackled by the amount of sunburn atop our uncovered heads

-BASEBALL CAP

-BOONIE

-HELI HELMET (yuh)

wait for the server to lag enough medics will be wearing aaf gear, cops wearing nato, civs being clones - go store that shit in a car :frog: