A simple change to the fed

So to my understanding the fed currently only spawns gold bars after 45 minutes unless I missed something in the recent patch notes (it's almost 5 am I haven't slept yet bare with me) and they also spawn over time throughout the restart. Many of times if you want to do a fed and get the maximum amount of gold bars it would have to be at the tail end of the restart and this sucks for 2 reasons, I'll elaborate. For one, the server is far more stable as far as I can tell as a player immediately after a restart, and two the restart timer can be off sometimes, by 15 minutes or so. That being said, I think the fed should be doable 20 minutes into a restart, this gives cops enough time for a briefing, to log back on, and what not.

The second part of this idea would be that bars would not be spawned in throughout the restart but instead when the fed is started the number of gold bars spawned would be determined by the amount of players online at the time of the fed starting. This way you don't have to wait 2 hours to get the maximum out of a fed, and you can depend on the server performance to be generally more stable throughout the fed.

For instance

1-25 players is 6 bars

26-50 players is 9 bars

51-75 players is 12 bars

76-100 players is maximum, which last I was told was around 15 or 16.

Obviously the players required could be moved around as well as the number of bars spawned in relation to the number of players. You get the idea.

I personally don't see a flaw within this system, if you do please say so and why. This could potentially in a very minor way help server performance, as the bars are not sitting in the domes throughout the whole restart, but would instead be spawned in at the start of the robbery.

@bamf I'd like to hear your thoughts on this when you have the time.

Edited by Steve
Sikorsky and TRYHARD like this
Just now, Steve said:

The second part of this idea would be that bars would not be spawned in throughout the restart but instead when the fed is started the number of gold bars spawned would be determined by the amount of players online at the time of the fed starting.@bamf

Gold bars spawn when you crack into a dome.

The gold bars spawn the minute the server starts.  There is a timer (with some randomization) that puts the bars in place.  Doing a fed straight after a server restart isn't a great idea, but give it 10-15 minutes and there should be plenty of bars there for the taking...

Edit:  Also, we can't have X bars spawn based on server population spawn when a fed robbery starts b/c I already see potential for a money exploit based on the current fed cool down etc.

Rodrigo and Gatorade like this
Just now, bamf said:

The gold bars spawn the minute the server starts.  There is a timer (with some randomization) that puts the bars in place.  Doing a fed straight after a server restart isn't a great idea, but give it 10-15 minutes and there should be plenty of bars there for the taking...

Edit:  Also, we can't have X bars spawn based on server population spawn when a fed robbery starts b/c I already see potential for a money exploit based on the current fed cool down etc.

So basically wait an hour after restart to do a fed?

Just now, Penguin_ said:

So basically wait an hour after restart to do a fed?

An hour is too long (depending on your group size of course).  There is a ton of money available in there fairly quickly.  My point was, don't sit with a HEMTT during the restart to charge right in...

@bamfI think the whole spawning idea after x amount of time or x amount of things is just asking for a problem.

Keep it to where there is a like a 20-30 minute cool down at the start of the fed , similar to when you finish one, that way the server has a chance to get its self together at the start of server. After that whatever dome you open up should spawn a random amount of bars between 2-4. This way the worst fed you can do is 12 and the best you can do is 24. The less shit being put on a script the better server performance you will get period

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

@bamfI think the whole spawning idea after x amount of time or x amount of things is just asking for a problem.

Keep it to where there is a like a 20-30 minute cool down at the start of the fed , similar to when you finish one, that way the server has a chance to get its self together at the start of server. After that whatever dome you open up should spawn a random amount of bars between 2-4. This way the worst fed you can do is 12 and the best you can do is 24. The less shit being put on a script the better server performance you will get period

The script that handles this piece is highly optimized now.  I don't think it's really an issue.  

Gatorade likes this
Just now, bamf said:

So I'm hearing that when a civilian pulls a van from the garage you want us to roll a dice and put a speedbomb on the van.  Did I get that right?

No, run a script that when the fed is active, it looks for police vans in the area and attaches a speed bomb to them, or it spawns spikes at the wheels so they can’t move

Just now, Mayhem said:

No, run a script that when the fed is active, it looks for police vans in the area and attaches a speed bomb to them, or it spawns spikes at the wheels so they can’t move

A van at the fed is a valid thing though.  What if they need a "large" vehicle to transport all the Kavala hood rats back to HQ who tried to rob the Fed?  

2 hours ago, bamf said:

An hour is too long (depending on your group size of course).  There is a ton of money available in there fairly quickly.  My point was, don't sit with a HEMTT during the restart to charge right in...

In most instances with a full server how long would you say it will take for the fed to fill up completely?