Stand Alone Microphone Accessories

Gatorade

If anyone has experience or knowledge to answer some of this please educate me:

1. Question for the: Blue Yeti Pro - Blackout Edition for 99.99$ - However they push a lot of these addons with it such as a pop filter , mic stand, or god knows what else. Do I need to buy all of this stuff with it or is it something so minor that I will be fine with the microphone it self.

(Price with all the accessories 125.97)

2. Same question applies for the Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser - 99.00$

(Price with the accessories 125.98)

- Im on the fence with which one of the two to get and with or without these accessories. You guys always know your shit so I appreciate the response.

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Jamal said:

blue yeti without accessories is already pretty good what are you trying to use it for

Just tired of the normal headset mic combo's because they normally aren't very good especially anything wireless which is even more obvious.

- It all stems from my headset wires getting coiled to shit and I have a small room so theres all sorts of variables that Im too lazy to get into causing me to want to get a new headset. I figured if im going to get a new headset I might as well spend more then 30$ for once

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, JaxxonMurphy said:

I stream, so here is the package I have, use, and love. Had it for almost a year and a half.

image.png?width=229&height=300

Blue yeti is good, but I prefer Audio-Technica. 

You only need the micrphone clip if you get the scissor stand, and the pop filter will only bee good to help get rid of the ph sounds etc.

I dont stream or anything but I don't want to sound like shit. Would I still need all of that other stuff?

Also why do you prefer the Audio-Technica?

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

1. Question for the: Blue Yeti Pro - Blackout Edition for 99.99$ - However they push a lot of these addons with it such as a pop filter , mic stand, or god knows what else. Do I need to buy all of this stuff with it or is it something so minor that I will be fine with the microphone it self.

2. Same question applies for the Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser - 99.00$

- Im on the fence with which one of the two to get and with or without these accessories. You guys always know your shit so I appreciate the response.

You dont need the pop filters and all that shit for the yeti I have tried them they dont do much Oh tho a mic stand would be nice if you dont want to hear every single fucking click and key stroke vibrating through your desk up the all metal mic stand that comes with it 

Gatorade likes this

I think AT2020 comes with a stand, but the nice thing about the scissor mount, is you can move it out of the way. and the mount isn't needed either if you don't want it, but it helps keep noises to a minimum when you move the mic around too. 

I just think that AT sounds crisper than a yeti, it's all really down to personal preference though.

I only use my Blue Yeti with the default stand, people tell me it’s great (it’s not like I’m the one listening to it, but @Tyler also has one and it sounds crystal clear) I think he just uses the basic stand that comes with it as well, no need for pop filter or anything unless you want to have even better stream content

Gatorade and Tyler like this
Just now, Jake said:

I only use my Blue Yeti with the default stand, people tell me it’s great (it’s not like I’m the one listening to it, but @Tyler also has one and it sounds crystal clear) I think he just uses the basic stand that comes with it as well, no need for pop filter or anything unless you want to have even better stream content

Perfect, now ima pretty tall guy - will my voice pick up from the regular stand or do I need to buy the scissor thing and bend it up?

I mean.... @Tyler is a God damn jolly green giant at 6’ 7” or some crazy clown number like that, it has volume gain so it will not be a problem even if you are 3 rooms away, however if you have a mechanical keyboard you will probably want a mic stand to only have your voice heard and not keyboard

Just now, Jake said:

I mean.... @Tyler is a God damn jolly green giant at 6’ 7” or some crazy clown number like that, it has volume gain so it will not be a problem even if you are 3 rooms away, however if you have a mechanical keyboard you will probably want a mic stand to only have your voice heard and not keyboard

I got a "Silent version" of the razer ultimate so I might be able to get away with it for a little while

I got a "Silent version" of the razer ultimate so I might be able to get away with it for a little while

Like Jake said i'm 6'7 and i just leave it on my desk in the corner but my Keyboard is so fucking loud it picks it up but up to you it has really good range and sounds amazing right out of the box imo.

10 hours ago, Jake said:

I'm the jolly green giant with 6'8 m9

I have the Blue Yeti Blackout. I have a stand so it sits above my monitor. I really hate anything that sits on my desk, weird but it is what it is. I also have a popfilter in front of it, it does help stop picking up light noises, airflow etc. Both were extremely cheap. 

Gatorade likes this