Community goals list updated

bamf

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Wubz hasnt played for the most recent performance patches but as far as what he is saying about the goals, they are really far fetched. Like some of the tier 4 goals are just not worth it bamf. 

We're dipping our toe into a new way for players to donate.  It's the first month...

Well at least the devs are trying to go in the right path. If the servers can't be paid for then there will be no Asylum. If you don't like the rewards on certain tiers then don't donate. If you want this server to stay alive then donate. Simple. I quit a few months ago so I have no clue about the recent patches or state of the servers nor community. 

Just now, bamf said:

We're dipping our toe into a new way for players to donate.  It's the first month...

I agree with the system, dont get my wrong like its a great way to get money for the servers but i just think the end goal is over the top for what we are getting yeno. I know ive said it before but some of the stuff on the list are things we've been asking for for awhile now and the goal we need reach in order to get then is pretty steep. Everything is going the right way rn with performance improvements and transparency with the community. 

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

The asylum website definitely needs a rework.. I can't even find a donation button for the community goals. 

Also, with a crypto community that is quite big, it should be a no-brainer to add some wallet addresses.

Add a clickable link to the main website where it says Donate which would redirect to the donation page for community goals, maybe? Just make it more clear, it's really not that difficult and shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

I'd say replace CSAT & carrier lite stacking with making pilot coveralls available to everybody, even on cop?

Edited by massi
Just now, bamf said:

Not holding anything hostage at all - increasing group cap is not something that you have to have in order to play the game.  It's something that is an incentive to go up another level if enough players want the perk.  

Group cap shouldn't even be a thing. If cops can have 30 people on why should civs be limited to 14?

Just now, Wubz said:

So what you're saying is that you're removing content you've implemented and caps for certain things for money.

You're holding group cap for 3 extra people hostage, for $2,000 a month.

Actually blackmailing your playerbase for content that we don't want anyway, and fucking not giving anyone new content, like that actually fucking insane.

Put the tide pods down.

Budbringer likes this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Group cap shouldn't even be a thing. If cops can have 30 people on why should civs be limited to 14?

also pilot coveralls and armor 2 tac vests for cops is kind of ridiculous they become more armored then any rebel can be there should definitely be some nerfing when it comes to the police force.

Just now, Fudger said:

You're definitly not getting my money by saying that

I'm not getting your money anyway, so whatever.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Because we've been there before, and it was terrible. Cops also don't have a habit of sending 30 people to the same place the entire time they're online.

Just now, Jamal said:

also pilot coveralls and armor 2 tac vests for cops is kind of ridiculous they become more armored then any rebel can be there should definitely be some nerfing when it comes to the police force.

Cops have better armor. You have better guns, vehicles, explosives, and no rules to follow. I'm sure you can manage.

Just now, Jamal said:

cops also have 30 fucking people usually and cheap ass flashbangs I would say cops use more explosives then rebels.

There are very few times that 30 cops are actually online.

Flashbangs also cost $1k each. I can always decrease the price back down to $100 each if it really means that much to you all.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Because we've been there before, and it was terrible. Cops also don't have a habit of sending 30 people to the same place the entire time they're online.

Make a straw poll if you're so sure it was terrible. Seems like only the cops didnt like it. And now we have to deal with 25 cops pushing cartels.

12 hours ago, massi said:

I'd say replace CSAT & carrier lite stacking with making pilot coveralls available to everybody, even on cop?

So people who have spent money on crates get fucked over ?

11 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Flashbangs also cost $1k each. I can always decrease the price back down to $100 each if it really means that much to you all.

No Balls ;)  Flash bang spamming people is great fun, highlight of RP for the server.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:44 PM, Jake said:

Not here to argue but with the amount of people that play... if each person donated like $5 or maybe $10 max.... we would be way over the $2000 I see people complaining about...

There is not 400 people who play these servers lmfao.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:23 PM, bamf said:

I know it seems like i'm shitting on you just for the fuck of it, but that's not my intentions.

I entirely support you for trying to better Asylum as you and weeb guy are the only two who do anything for it after it was abandoned. 

I see you're trying, and I apologize for coming off so aggressive. I just don't agree with the way updates are being pushed out.

I understand the servers need to be paid for and they probably aren't the cheapest thing in the world, but I feel like if you pushed out content that people asked for (Millions of suggestions around the forums so don't ask me what needs to be implemented because I barely play this game anymore, I'm just here for the community) and then asked for donations for communal benefits, it would go over so much better and people would actually want to donate for a server they actually know is going to get developed the way they want.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:02 PM, bamf said:

Not holding anything hostage at all - increasing group cap is not something that you have to have in order to play the game.  It's something that is an incentive to go up another level if enough players want the perk. 

Someone said in the most recent or second most recent patch notes that the group cap increase needs to be permanent and for good reason.

Gangs deny people all the time because they have to debate whether or not that player has the skills needed to justify them taking up potentially the last group slot. It absolutely must be something that remains consistant. Gangs can not flip flop willy nilly between the amount of members they have. The play style change between 14 members and 17 is huge, especially when we are talking about gang vs. gang fighting.

We cannot afford to not count on for sure what our group cap will be the following month. If you want us to donate for the increase that's fine, but certain things have to be permament for reasons other then feeling like we get a long term or permanent benefit to donating towards the community goal.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Someone said in the most recent or second most recent patch notes that the group cap increase needs to be permanent and for good reason.

Gangs deny people all the time because they have to debate whether or not that player has the skills needed to justify them taking up potentially the last group slot. It absolutely must be something that remains consistant. Gangs can not flip flop willy nilly between the amount of members they have. The play style change between 14 members and 17 is huge, especially when we are talking about gang vs. gang fighting.

We cannot afford to not count on for sure what our group cap will be the following month. If you want us to donate for the increase that's fine, but certain things have to be permament for reasons other then feeling like we get a long term or permanent benefit to donating towards the community goal.

they prefer pay2win

Edited by Gutchi
On 1/18/2018 at 5:32 PM, Witz said:

14ef7d3da0df03fab33ac91641a7f431.png

Because it just applies to so many Asylum posts: 

4gEHhwV.gif

And @bamf you say you aren't holding anything hostage yet you do exactly that with Splunk. This is you server, Splunk would benefit the way it runs if say Captains like @The Monopoly Man had access to it but apparently he's not elite enough. Your rival (Olympus) has free stat tracking readily available for EVERYONE right on their website. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Sikorsky and Innate like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

And @bamf you say you aren't holding anything hostage yet you do exactly that with Splunk.

Yeah, about Splunk.  I'm still 100% paying for that out of my own pocket.  Not using any Asylum money on that at all.  I threw it in there because it is something the community can use, but it's a separate entity altogether.  

I guess my trying to do something nice is still something certain people will crap on.  

Just now, bamf said:

Yeah, about Splunk.  I'm still 100% paying for that out of my own pocket.  Not using any Asylum money on that at all.  I threw it in there because it is something the community can use, but it's a separate entity altogether.  

I guess my trying to do something nice is still something certain people will crap on.  

I'm just saying it's a benefit for a server you own that at least an APD Captain has access to it at all times. You could make the rest of splunk availability for other APD staff (e.g. Lts) contingent on community goals but IMO the APD Captain should have access to it so it can be better managed. 

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I'm just saying it's a benefit for a server you own that at least an APD Captain has access to it at all times. You could make the rest of splunk availability for other APD staff (e.g. Lts) contingent on community goals but IMO the APD Captain should have access to it so it can be better managed. 

How do you know the captains don't already have access to it?  

On 1/20/2018 at 6:34 AM, Wubz said:

I know it seems like i'm shitting on you just for the fuck of it, but that's not my intentions.

I entirely support you for trying to better Asylum as you and weeb guy are the only two who do anything for it after it was abandoned. 

I see you're trying, and I apologize for coming off so aggressive. I just don't agree with the way updates are being pushed out.

I understand the servers need to be paid for and they probably aren't the cheapest thing in the world, but I feel like if you pushed out content that people asked for (Millions of suggestions around the forums so don't ask me what needs to be implemented because I barely play this game anymore, I'm just here for the community) and then asked for donations for communal benefits, it would go over so much better and people would actually want to donate for a server they actually know is going to get developed the way they want.

Well it seems as if you got all the answers so learn how to code and help them out. Don't just sit on the forums and cry and throw a tantrum like a 4yr old about everything they are trying to do for the community, when you are just sitting on your ass jackin off. Like mentioned previously, they aren't making thousands of dollars off this server, and just bakin our donations lol they both have real life jobs and have real life shit to do just like everyone else here. they do this in their free time, not to satisfy you. they cant make everyone happy, everyone has different opinions on what they think should happen. You think sitting on the forums and bitching about what they are tryng to do for the community is gunna make them say "you know what Wubz, you are so right about everything and you obviously speak for everyone on the server, so what should we do next" no, put your 1 little comment in and leave it at that and if you think Olympus is so much better go on the Olympus forums and bitch about shit. Really, all's I'm saying is shut the fuck up and try to appreciate a little more for them at least trying to better the communtiy and doing what they are doing

Just now, Mr Anderson said:

Get all servers running every day with every one being maxed out and then there will be that many.

Oh i forgot...You only have 2 servers up right now.

Yes because all Arma Life communities have every server online all the time and totally full.  Also the other "big community" only has 2 servers up right now as well.  I guess I should just dilute players even more by running 2 additional servers during off peak hours?

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
Just now, Aslan said:

you guys make Community goals but don't give a damn fuck about what we have to say we asked for the old prison the whole community wanted the prison back 

It is the old prison location.  :shrug:

Just now, Aslan said:

then u place the bank the most retarded place ever.

Where the bank was originally?

•JiM• and Roberino like this