Community goals list updated

bamf

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

The mad dash to buy bank insurance at reboots lol.

Reboots nothing, you log out at your house (with no garage potentially) and right as you spawn in after logging in for the first time of the day you get a message like:  
"The bank has recently been robbed.  Since you did not purchase insurance you have lost $42,315.  Consider buying insurance in the future."

Just now, Kazem Al-Saher said:

@Bamf can we get back insurance??? 

That ended up taking more of the admin's time I think.  It was designed as a way for admins to never have to comp for vehicles.  The logging back then wasn't what it is now, and people would just lie and say it didn't work (at least that was my impression of it back in the day).  Perhaps it's something we could bring back, but I'd have to dig back through the code and see.  

I didn't mind the premise of insurance, but it didn't quite work out the way we had hoped last time.  

FudgeR likes this
Just now, bamf said:

That ended up taking more of the admin's time I think.  It was designed as a way for admins to never have to comp for vehicles.  The logging back then wasn't what it is now, and people would just lie and say it didn't work (at least that was my impression of it back in the day).  Perhaps it's something we could bring back, but I'd have to dig back through the code and see.  

I didn't mind the premise of insurance, but it didn't quite work out the way we had hoped last time.  

I pmed you a compromise on this a while ago.

@william

Myself,@Grizz ,@Slade Wilson@DarkKnight@Maxime@Xavorey and a few others; did like 4 prison breaks and a bank last night and were outnumbered but still had a good time fighting at the current prison. We won some, lost some and a few times we took the fight back to the HQ but that's part of the game. I mean we weren't actually doing any prison breaks to break anybody out of jail, we were just doing it for the fight. But why don't you guys like fighting at it?

Edited by GrizzlyJim
Xavorey likes this

What would be really great is get the bank back, I've fought it on both civ and cop many many times now, and I just can't seem to enjoy it

Considering the peninsula bank wasn't the cause of the poor server performance I hope you would considering giving us the bank back the way it was @bamf

PS: The prison is a blast tho

Just now, Xavorey said:

What would be really great is get the bank back, I've fought it on both civ and cop many many times now, and I just can't seem to enjoy it

Considering the peninsula bank wasn't the cause of the poor server performance I hope you would considering giving us the bank back the way it was @bamf

I like the new prison a little bit more every time I do one, but I would prefer the old prison on that island.

Squirtle likes this
5 minutes ago, Xavorey said:

Yeah this new "old" bank blows, the other one was a lot better. 

Xavorey likes this
14 hours ago, •JiM• said:

Well it seems as if you got all the answers so learn how to code and help them out. Don't just sit on the forums and cry and throw a tantrum like a 4yr old about everything they are trying to do for the community, when you are just sitting on your ass jackin off. Like mentioned previously, they aren't making thousands of dollars off this server, and just bakin our donations lol they both have real life jobs and have real life shit to do just like everyone else here. they do this in their free time, not to satisfy you. they cant make everyone happy, everyone has different opinions on what they think should happen. You think sitting on the forums and bitching about what they are tryng to do for the community is gunna make them say "you know what Wubz, you are so right about everything and you obviously speak for everyone on the server, so what should we do next" no, put your 1 little comment in and leave it at that and if you think Olympus is so much better go on the Olympus forums and bitch about shit. Really, all's I'm saying is shut the fuck up and try to appreciate a little more for them at least trying to better the communtiy and doing what they are doing

Since you know absolutely fucking nothing, let me go ahead and address your stupid ass.

1. People have offered assistance, people with great ideas and the know-how to code those ideas. Serpico and others were shut down with no explanation if I was told correctly. I remember when Gnashes used to come in the FSA teamspeak and talk about how he didn't have the power to update Asylum's code and he had to wait for Bamf or Paratus to push the updates so nothing ever got done..
  2. They aren't making thousands of dollars off of Asylum because they haven't given the community any of the content they've asked for in 2 years.
  3. They could make almost the entire server happy by simply going to the suggestions page, and give the server what they want.
  4. I do speak for a lot of people in the community, and I know I do because I've seen the same shit typed up a million times. I know atleast 2 gangs that would return if the server wasn't ran into the ground.

Also, I literally said that I support @bamf and @Gnashes because I can see that they're trying. I then apologized for being an asshole about it. Then gave them a suggestion about how they should go about things. So before you come over here drooling over your keyboard like the fat little lazy eye'd retard I almost guarantee you are, go back to school and get the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader.

Edited by Wubz
FudgeR, Steve, MACK2411 and 2 others like this
18 minutes ago, Wubz said:

Now Serpico went on to become a dev for Olympus and added a bunch of cool stuff for them.

1. They aren't making thousands of dollars off of Asylum because they haven't given the community any of the content they've asked for in 2 years.

OH god Mcdilli is gonna come on here and correct the ever living shit out of you. Lmao. 

I can see Jesse just losing his shit over this statement. LOL.

Xavorey likes this

OH god Mcdilli is gonna come on here and correct the ever living shit out of you. Lmao. 

I can see Jesse just losing his shit over this statement. LOL.

? I don't know what you did to my quote but it's fucked up and out of order.

But if I'm wrong, please do correct me.

Edited by Wubz

No he corrected you before but you never returned to the thread.  He runs around our forums a lot.  Jesse and the other devs, but mostly Jesse, did everything for that server. ;)

Then whats Asylums excuse?

Doesn't change the fact that help was offered by people who could've helped.

Edited by Wubz
35 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Sorry I get squeaky wheels mixed up.

5a236ea8495de187552bac9d732fe7c5.png

Pretty sure you dredging up the past isn't going to help anything moving forward.  

So let's get back to topic.

I'm only "dredging up the past" because I clearly never saw that message before and was never corrected, leading me to believe what I was told by Serpico and others.

I deleted the serpico part of my statement but my point still stands, if Jesse did almost everything for Olympus, then whats Asylums excuse, and I also know that help has been offered to asylum and it was declined so everything in my statement is still correct except for that part about Serpico deving for olympus.

Just now, Wubz said:

I'm only "dredging up the past" because I clearly never saw that message before and was never corrected, leading me to believe what I was told by Serpico and others.

I deleted the serpico part of my statement but my point still stands, if Jesse did almost everything for Olympus, then whats Asylums excuse, and I also know that help has been offered to asylum and it was declined so everything in my statement is still correct except for that part about Serpico deving for olympus.

You also need to remember that "Asylum" now is Bamf/myself on the front of things. Paratus/Motown Asylum was a completely different ship with regards to communication.

Just now, Gnashes said:

You also need to remember that "Asylum" now is Bamf/myself on the front of things. Paratus/Motown Asylum was a completely different ship with regards to communication.

But i never see a "good" reason as to why the suggestions that the players want doesn't get added... Alot of times it is just ignored...

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

But i never see a "good" reason as to why the suggestions that the players want doesn't get added... Alot of times it is just ignored...

A lot of community suggestions completely ignore game balance in favor of one particular faction, or ignore backend time investments needed for immaterial value added features.

Just now, bigjohn561 said:

Just now, Gnashes said:

A lot of community suggestions completely ignore game balance in favor of one particular faction, or ignore backend time investments needed for immaterial value added features.

Not all suggestions are created equally.  For instance, there was a suggestion that we create a Y inventory item that would let players have the ability to spawn a helicopter anywhere on the map.  That's... just...  Yeah.  

Lots of things that can potentially work do end up making it into the game in some way, shape, or form.  I think the player base has a short memory on things that do get implemented over time...

Farmer Steve likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Everyone must have ignored where I said I respect you and Bamf for trying, and I can see you're trying.

Only seeing the negative of what I say like that retard Clint.

Just now, bamf said:

Not all suggestions are created equally.  For instance, there was a suggestion that we create a Y inventory item that would let players have the ability to spawn a helicopter anywhere on the map.  That's... just...  Yeah.  

Lots of things that can potentially work do end up making it into the game in some way, shape, or form.  I think the player base has a short memory on things that do get implemented over time...

Obviously the helicopter shit was stupid. But I remember Haych had a huge list of stuff that should be added or done that a huge part of the community agreed on but I don't remember a lot of stuff being added or worked on. And I don't remember the kids name but I've seen a guy recently making a list that people seemed to like. If I find it I'll reply to you with it.

Since people hate prestige and think it's useless and you are considering bringing back insurance, just link the 2 together. Each prestige level is tied to a different vehicle class level and you get x amount of tokens for each class per level to spend. Have the tokens be a one time use so people can't have everything insured so they have to choose like the talent system. 

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

Since people hate prestige and think it's useless and you are considering bringing back insurance, just link the 2 together. Each prestige level is tied to a different vehicle class level and you get x amount of tokens for each class per level to spend. Have the tokens be a one time use so people can't have everything insured so they have to choose like the talent system. 

Would be pretty cool tbh. You could for instance insure a single Orca or something. Would make prestige more worthwhile for newer players too. Many that I've come across say it's useless or not worth the higher money cap. It's a shame because no other server that I've seen has something like prestige or let alone a money cap. Increasing the incentives to increase your prestige is a good thing because it encourages people to make more money resulting in a lot more map activity.

This is coming from someone who also grinded up my prestige to have no money cap. I think it was worth it for myself but many others would disagree.

Edited by Steve