Community manager announcement

bamf

As some of you may have noticed, @Mitch (IFRIT) has a shiny new tag of Community Manager.  I've decided to bring the role back to Asylum, but it's going to operate differently than it has in the past.  The focus of the CM role will now be to interact with the community first and foremost.  It's not a "head admin" position like it was in the past, but instead will work with the various factions in the community by fostering communication with those factions and the developers.  

So let's all welcome @Mitch (IFRIT) to his new role and see what we can work on together.  He's your advocate for the game we all love here, so use him wisely.  Those of you that want to take on leadership roles for your community faction should watch for announcements from him in the coming days and weeks to see how you can help get involved to make the game (and community) better.  

Congratulations Mitch!

Just now, Steve said:

I hope you actually communicate with him bamf. Because if you don't the role is no different from an admin.

Easier to tell one person things which contain some confidential info and be able to hold them accountable.

We just don't tell the Admins at large anything anymore because they keep leaking shit.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Easier to tell one person things which contain some confidential info and be able to hold them accountable.

We just don't tell the Admins at large anything anymore because they keep leaking shit.

I understand wanting to keep things regarding the server security or antihack for instance confidential. It's another thing to try and hold back on developer progression in terms of new content. People wanna know what's coming their way. As I'm sure you have seen most of us don't like surprises in this community especially surprises that change the game in an undesired and/or unasked for way.

I just think being so secretive is not necessary but I also understand on a personal level it's bad to be around people who can't keep their fuckin mouth shut when you ask them to.