Congratulations Mitch!

Pwnsome

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Thank you! I'm working on some ideas. When I get some wrinkles ironed out, I will post about it. 

Some more in game events would be cool, I know @Mr Smirnoff has a bunch that he’s done and they were great. 

Give the community more of a voice on implementations by having a community poll of some suggestions that requires a 95% agreement to be implemented 

i have a couple ideas. Feel free to PM me

Just now, Mayhem said:

Some more in game events would be cool, I know @Mr Smirnoff has a bunch that he’s done and they were great. 

Give the community more of a voice on implementations by having a community poll of some suggestions that requires a 95% agreement to be implemented 

i have a couple ideas. Feel free to PM me

Sadly the poll idea was suggested and was shot down mainly because if it did not fit into the devs agenda or one of their ideas it would not go in. They also made it extremely hard for Smirnoff to make events and use them on the server as one Dev sought out to “de-smirnoff” (removing rewards) participants in events.

Either way - Good luck to you @Mitch (IFRIT) 

Just now, Olio said:

They also made it extremely hard for Smirnoff to make events and use them on the server as one Dev sought out to “de-smirnoff” participants in events.

#1 - Events which cause server performance to degrade to the point they kick/crash are not desirable

#2 - Server events which give people permanent unlocks not normally attainable through normal gameplay are not desirable. (And yes, making checks to ensure people weren't joining the server with both rebel and BH licenses, or BH and Marksman Talents was officially dubbed "De-Smirnoffing" players. Bite me)

#3 - Just because a majority of people like an idea does not make it a good idea.

Just now, Olio said:

Sadly the poll idea was suggested and was shot down mainly because if it did not fit into the devs agenda or one of their ideas it would not go in. They also made it extremely hard for Smirnoff to make events and use them on the server as one Dev sought out to “de-smirnoff” (removing rewards) participants in events.

Either way - Good luck to you @Mitch (IFRIT) 

No one liked you and everyone is glad you're gone. Stay gone.

Let’s not get this Mitch post closed because people going back and forth about me. 

Mitch is in a different role where he will work to communicate with between leaders of rebel/cop/civ leaders something me and Volunteer really did not dive into. Hopefully Mitch gets information that he can pass on to the community and hopefully he will get info from the community that the Devs are willing to do something with. None the less, good luck. 

BlackShot and Samperino like this

Lets leave the past in the past, and focus on the future. I too will make mistakes and learn some lessons.

I've been thinking about hard about what I want to do in this position. At the end of every thought, I've come to the conclusion that I truly want to bring the community into the "Circle". I want to really get as many people engaged in the conversation about where we move from here. 

I'm going to write up a post that details a bit more. 

Space, Samperino, Spek and 1 other like this
Just now, Olio said:

Just now, Gnashes said:

#3 - Just because a majority of people like an idea does not make it a good idea.

The point of polls isn't so that the community can vote for random shit that the devs don't even want in the game. The DEVS would come up with a list of ideas they are WILLING/WANT to implement, and the community votes on whether or not they want it to happen. So nothing would be up to vote that the devs aren't already okay with implementing, it's just about letting the community decide what they want in THEIR game. 75% yes in the votes = the change gets implemented. If it doesn't reach 75% it doesnt get implemented.

Doing it that way means that anything that gets implemented is something that the community decided they wanted in game, AND the devs are already okay with it getting implemented. EVERYONE WINS.

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Olio @Gnashes @bamf

Just now, Shepurd said:

The point of polls isn't so that the community can vote for random shit that the devs don't even want in the game. The DEVS would come up with a list of ideas they are WILLING/WANT to implement, and the community votes on whether or not they want it to happen. So nothing would be up to vote that the devs aren't already okay with implementing, it's just about letting the community decide what they want in THEIR game. 75% yes in the votes = the change gets implemented. If it doesn't reach 75% it doesnt get implemented.

Doing it that way means that anything that gets implemented is something that the community decided they wanted in game, AND the devs are already okay with it getting implemented. EVERYONE WINS.

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Olio @Gnashes @bamf

I just brought this up with bamf, and he does like the idea of it. But the biggest issue that was brought up here is the ability for another community to see the ideas that we want to implement. This removes the ability for us to remain exclusive on the content side of things. But all hope is not lost and there may be a way to work this out. Give me some time to brainstorm with them on this and see what can be done. 

BlackShot likes this

I just brought this up with bamf, and he does like the idea of it. But the biggest issue that was brought up here is the ability for another community to see the ideas that we want to implement. This removes the ability for us to remain exclusive on the content side of things. But all hope is not lost and there may be a way to work this out. Give me some time to brainstorm with them on this and see what can be done. 

I understand completely, maybe you guys could have a pool of trusted community members, ex-staff, and such that you poll, prominent members especially. Gang leaders and such... this would maintain the privacy of the ideas.

Some communities have already used suggestion we've made alreay before us.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Some communities have already used suggestion we've made alreay before us.

This is so true. Our community at one point was so huge, so their were so many ideas been thrown up in the air. Then when asylum doesn't implement the ideas some other community beats us to it in turn potentially snatching up the player that wants to experience whatever that idea was. Like the black water armory on olympus. People suggested that at least a dozen times with detail.