Community Engagement post :1

Just now, Tom said:

group cap killed gang life > no active gangs no full servers

I doubt that it did.  It may have not helped, but it certainly didn't kill.  

Previously we had the "stop zerg gangs" with the 20 on 30 battles becoming heavily in favor of just WHO could put numbers together.

Won't opening group caps perpetuate the cycle that people hate about Olympus?  That seems to be the only problem that Olympus has.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Exhibit A on the community not knowing what is good for it.

Group cap limits were put on because the community asked for them.

It's a catch 22. The group cap keeps zerg gangs out of the picture. It also makes it harder for new people to learn rebel life at all. As of right now their is a huge gap in between the best gang and new gangs in terms of skill that is highly unlikely to close because the new player has no one to learn from.

The good gangs can't let a noob take up a group slot, Or even a moderately experienced player.

Edited by Steve

I doubt that it did.  It may have not helped, but it certainly didn't kill.  

Previously we had the "stop zerg gangs" with the 20 on 30 battles becoming heavily in favor of just WHO could put numbers together.

Won't opening group caps perpetuate the cycle that people hate about Olympus?  That seems to be the only problem that Olympus has.

Having a 30+ person gang get limited to 12 people on at a time definitely was a big reason for gangs dying. I can give you atleast two gangs that ran into issues and have essentially died because of it. I do agree that is isn't the main factor but it definitely wasn't just something that was there as a slight inconvenience. 

Clint Beastwood likes this

Group cap limits were put on because the community asked for them.

The past is the past. It's time for change. Doesn't matter if it contradicts the past. Most of the players who contributed to that idea are long gone.

Edited by Maric
Just now, Tom said:

non stable servers (work in progress, you do know theres a paid developer now right?)

group cap 

no reason to fight cartels (thats really on you)

money cap (you guys buy money anyway.... but I guess)

prestige (see above)

bank of altis is cancer (its hard but nothing a good group cant handle...)

many many more (cant answer broad strokes)

Items in red from an inside perspective.

Just now, Ben Flint ッ said:

so you're telling me as an admin you have no say / power in bringing in or keeping players here

I've echoed very similar items - I can't tell people how to spend their free time. 

Just now, Maric said:

The past is the past. It's time for change. Doesn't matter if it contradicts the past. Most of the players who contributed to that idea are long gone.

Understandably so, but, I'm merely posting the truth.  This is what everyone wanted at one point in time.  Asking that you do not forget its not always best to get what you want, case and point on this entire thread.

Just now, Ben Flint ッ said:

buying money wouldn't be an issue if we could take our EARNED prestige out without losing 80% of it. 

You expect me to believe you guys would grind any kind of money if they just removed money cap? You guys got lazy with the Fridges (WHERE YOU WERE EARNING 3X THE AMOUNT OUT OF THIN AIR!!!!)

I think there would be just complaints about how hard and boring civ/rebel tasks are to do.

You expect me to believe you guys would grind any kind of money if they just removed money cap? You guys got lazy with the Fridges (WHERE YOU WERE EARNING 3X THE AMOUNT!!!!)

I think there would be just complaints about how hard and boring civ/rebel tasks are to do.

speaking for myself I've got 5m in prestige that I would love to use, but I can't really speak for those who fight cartels because I'm not one of them 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

New bank is very laggy Clint. The prison nearby and the fact that its in a city create bad fights. 

Well- that may not have much to do with the location.  Servers have been going through changes so the bank hasn't had a fair shake on any testing of stability.

Sure its not your laydown on your stomach for 2 hours and quarter peek over an AC unit shooting gallery the old one was. 

But I do see your points on having lag within the city.

TRYHARD likes this

@Mitch (IFRIT) I remember @bamf made a cartel change suggestion thread a few months ago. I think the devs and the community agreed on the idea of gangs keeping the cartel benefits until the cap hits 0%. Any chance you can look into that? Its not very enjoyable being in the middle of a run and having a solo capper taking drug while your processing. 

BlackShot likes this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) I remember @bamf made a cartel change suggestion thread a few months ago. I think the devs and the community agreed on the idea of gangs keeping the cartel benefits until the cap hits 0%. Any chance you can look into that? Its not very enjoyable being in the middle of a run and having a solo capper taking drug while your processing. 

Let me look into it.