Drop Wongs & Oil cartels...

Let's be honest, are these cartels ever actually fought for? No.  They're afk capping cartels.  

When gangs load up and organize a fight, do they say "Hey, lets fight Wongs/Oil"? Nope.  

They're worthless cartels, if people STILL run scotch, give them they're full take, this will open up the floodgates of scotch running leading to more risk of being robbed and increasing activity on server.

If you want rubber, go run oil.  Increasing the activity at oil rig/processing...

Just an idea here...

Thoughts?

@bamf

Just now, bamf said:

Scotch is a HUGE seller on the island. There is a ton of money at Wongs. 

As for oil, I have a plan I’m my head...

The worst thing about wongs/oil isnt the reward. The caps themselves are terrible for fighting. South Wongs is OK but North wongs is too far away from everything and its just a tower in the middle of an open area. The oil locations are a joke, just a few deerstands.

I would suggest moving the north wongs location to East arms location so more people fight it because wongs is actually a usefull cartel and east is a decent cap.

BioHazard, Walt and Maaqs like this

Yeah, I'm not referring to the cartel rewards for ownership of Wongs.  I'm referring to the actual action either Wongs location sees.  As @tryhardsqueaker said, South wongs/construction Wongs has the possibility for some action, although rare.  So maybe drop the north Wongs all together.

Footnote;  These scotch runners have a LOT of steps to forgo in order to make their money, first, they need the aging barrel, then they need to process, then they need to wait multiple server sessions in order for the scotch to age.  After all that, is it really fair to punish them with cartel fees?  Taking away the penalties MIGHT result in more risk for reward because more people might be interested in keeping an eye on the distillery or Wongs trader.

Walt likes this

Oil cartel by DP11 is one of my favorite places to fight. Have had plenty of fights there. I'll go cap and leave the rubber if nobody comes, and someone usually comes to cap. East oil I've fought less but still is not bad. 

Fully agree about north wongs. I get why it would be up there though.