I think it would be an interesting addition to the current options presented to officers. Community Service would be something like or similar to - Picking peaches for the altis food bank, picking up garbage (Cases) of the side of the road, or some other form of service the Altis community requires. I think this addition would lead to some hilarious role-play and would allow for a shorter term sentence with the penalty of not being able to AFK the shorter term. Example, you are told you will be sent to jail for the max term, instead of sitting in jail for almost an hour you can pick peaches for the altis food bank for 20 minutes and once you've met your quota ( realistic # of peaches / minute to insure no afk'ing) you are sent free and forgiven by the altis gov't. Community service would only be able to be given to someone who deserves it, (non-evasive and non-aggressive) of course.

Blocker, Walt, Ben Flint and 5 others like this

@LennieTheLegend looking for your honest thoughts and feedback....

i could see this incorporating some great RP, however... it would need to be created by Devs/pass their approval... next you have to think about pros and cons:

pros: could “potentially” promote great RP, not in jail for the maximum time, more options to choose from on the server

cons: generally someone who RPs  and is a chill person gets a pardon (at least from 99% of sgt+ and a handful of corporals... maybe the occasional constable) I would pardon them if they fit this criteria, if not pardon a SEVERLY reduced ticket, -7k for 200k+ bounties, not because I try to be a dick for a lousy 7k but to incorporate some RP such as “Since you have no drivers license I’m keeping the charges of hit and run since you never took a driving test” or any other RP you can possibly think of... parole is always a viable choice as well, though lower ranks tend to abuse the system for the cash so they can skip RP and get a paycheck.. quite frankly I forget it’s even an option half the time due to the pardon/low ticket I already explained... if someone is being a toxic prick, either a full ticket or 50% increase from sgt+ so you probably don’t deserve to get community service if you fit that category, I don’t give that shit out lightly, in fact I’ve probably done it less than 5 times in about 19 months of being a sgt/lt...

TLDR: I honestly like the idea, but it doesn’t fit in with our community and there are too many cons that negate all the pros. I would be happy to read a counter argument or other suggestions to improve what would need fixed

Edit: At least read the TLDR... it took a while to type on my phone and lots of spelling errors because a small keyboard lol

Edited by Jake
Just now, Jake said:

@LennieTheLegend looking for your honest thoughts and feedback....

i could see this incorporating some great RP, however... it would need to be created by Devs/pass their approval... next you have to think about pros and cons:

pros: could “potentially” promote great RP, not in jail for the maximum time, more options to choose from on the server

cons: generally someone who RPs and is a chill person gets a pardon (at least from 99% of sgt+ and a handful of corporals... maybe the occasional constable) I would pardon them if they fit this criteria, if not pardon a SEVERLY reduced ticket, -7k for 200k+ bounties, not because I try to be a dick for a lousy 7k but to incorporate some RP such as “Since you have no drivers license I’m keeping the charges of hit and run since you never took a driving test” or any other RP you can possibly think of... parole is always a viable choice as well, though lower ranks tend to abuse the system for the cash so they can skip RP and get a paycheck.. quite frankly I forget it’s even an option half the time due to the pardon/low ticket I already explained... if someone is being a toxic prick, either a full ticket or 50% increase from sgt+ so you probably don’t deserve to get community service if you fit that category, I don’t give that shit out lightly, in fact I’ve probably done it less than 5 times in about 19 months of being a sgt/lt...

TLDR: I honestly like the idea, but it doesn’t fit in with our community and there are too many cons that negate all the pros. I would be happy to read a counter argument or other suggestions to improve what would need fixed

realistically I do not see it ever being incorporated into the server. The purpose of this post was to get people's heads moving a little, there are plenty of opportunities I see it being used, but as someone said, right now the main focus should be to establish servers that are running smooth before considering additional forums of punishment for in-game crimes haha. But in regards to you wanting to know where it fits in, there are a few obvious scenarios. For example, now that we can see criminal history we can use a suspects past charges, maybe if they are repeat offenders but are cooperative we could issue them Community Service over the much easier Parole option. Maybe people are just being jerks over a minor traffic ticket, you can make them do short term community service to prove a point. There are some other scenarios this option will fit in, but I think those two will open up your vision into the rest.

Just now, LennieTheLegend said:

realistically I do not see it ever being incorporated into the server. The purpose of this post was to get people's heads moving a little, there are plenty of opportunities I see it being used, but as someone said, right now the main focus should be to establish servers that are running smooth before considering additional forums of punishment for in-game crimes haha. But in regards to you wanting to know where it fits in, there are a few obvious scenarios. For example, now that we can see criminal history we can use a suspects past charges, maybe if they are repeat offenders but are cooperative we could issue them Community Service over the much easier Parole option. Maybe people are just being jerks over a minor traffic ticket, you can make them do short term community service to prove a point. There are some other scenarios this option will fit in, but I think those two will open up your vision into the rest.

I see your reasoning, but as I said not all cops are good cops, there are a lot of cops who don’t care about it and will abuse the system as they already do, we don’t catch them allnor right away, but we constantly find people

Just now, Jake said:

I see your reasoning, but as I said not all cops are good cops, there are a lot of cops who don’t care about it and will abuse the system as they already do, we don’t catch them allnor right away, but we constantly find people

I am unsure how this system could be abused any more the parole has been in the past. In-fact, if anything rebels wouldn't want their cop friends to give them community server over the obviously more convenient parole option. Let's be very realistic, if a cop was going to give his friend anything, it would be parole. No ticket and no jail time. Community service would be inconvenient, picking peaches for 25 minutes sure doesn't sound like a better option than parole to me.

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

I think this would be fucking hilarious lol. Id love to drive by and fuck with the prisoners picking peaches.

With that being said idk how it would be coded where it wouldn't be exploited other then making boundaries at a peach field

That is exactly what I had in mind! And it could go a step further if it ever happened where Constables/Cadets could volunteer to be on guard duty. Watching the prisoners to ensure they are working and not trying to break out ect. Maybe a fenced in area around the peach field would remove the need for guards and reduce the risk of exploiting. It would also keep other civs from exploiting the prisoners out of the field. But I think the role-play would end up being very humorous and would make a great alternative to letting someone out easy on parole.

5 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I think this would be fucking hilarious lol. Id love to drive by and fuck with the prisoners picking peaches.

With that being said idk how it would be coded where it wouldn't be exploited other then making boundaries at a peach field

You know how some real life prisoners have orange vests when doing their services like picking up garbage. Whenever someone is issued parole they should automatically get that best put on their body and can’t remove it until they either 

1) finish their parole

2) get pardoned by an officer

3) break parole

personally what I like to do while on cop is go into the prison itself and talk with the prisoners and have some of them do therapy and exercise. Then I let them explain themselves and possibly give them an early release with a pardon