Change log 8.1.0

bamf

Just now, Bannab1 said:

@bamf So is my heli still going to blow up if i land it on the oil rig?

Because for as long as ive been playing the waves would cause the rig to glitch through my heli and blow it up.

The rig was always stationary.  Where were u landing when this happened?  I never had issues but I usually used the heli pads to land/store

Edited by cHIP ōTLE
BioHazard likes this
Just now, Bannab1 said:

@bamf So is my heli still going to blow up if i land it on the oil rig?

Because for as long as ive been playing the waves would cause the rig to glitch through my heli and blow it up.

Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

The rig was always stationary.  Where were u landing when this happened?  I never had issues but I usually used the heli pads to land/store

You're the first person to ever mention an issue landing a heli on the rig.  I was thinking the same thing as @cHIP ōTLE...

BioHazard likes this
On 02/02/2018 at 10:17 PM, bamf said:

• Chopping a tree now only requires an axe to be in your virtual inventory

When you added this you disabled the ability to use the axe and have it appear in your hand, why was this removed? and is there any chance of getting back? it's a great role play  tool, I and my trusty baton (Axe) have handed out plenty of ghetto justice on the streets of Kavala   

@bamf @Gnashes @Gen. Henry Arnold

From the amount of people disliking the idea why wasn't it brought up to everyone before time was spent on doing some "NEW".

Your taking money from a legal activity and putting it in a cartel? if legal money is not supposed to be as much as illegal activity so why make it where a cartel takes a cut? just wondering.

The amount of topic's made about what everyone is wanting/asking for and nothing gets changed for them?

How long has the bank been in town? how many times has people asked for it to be moved back?

Lets talk about the prison. it was changed and everyone complained bout it. how long did it take for it to be moved back to the location everyone asked for?

Just my thoughts. ;)  good job on working on new content for people I'm sure someone will enjoy it.

Edited by bigjohn561
Shepurd, DosWolf, [§] Alex and 7 others like this

Hotfix 2:

• Moved 2 of the 3 Oil Field / Hydrogen Sulfate mine spawns.  The Kavala one is down the hill a touch now making it easier to reach, and the one near the free fire zone has been wholly re-located to address concerns related to it's placement.  
  • The APD has reinforced the walls at Athira HQ.
  • The APD has removed some rocks and a gate at the HW patrol HQ.
  • Governor pardons should now require you to confirm that you want the pardon as expected.
  • The respawn labeled "Donor" now correctly displays Therisa.
  • The township of Therisa has voted to not allow timber to be gathered inside it's city limits (like all other spawn towns).
  • Vehicles with 0 fuel will now receive enough fuel to reach a gas station when pulled from the garage.  
  • Cartels will now be unavailable to be captured for 30 minutes.  More on this in a footnote below.  
  • Several service side optimizations have been put in place as well.  

Note about cartel capture timers:  Several ideas have been tossed around about how to handle the timing of cartel captures in order to allow a gang to "have time" to start/do a run of X related to their cartel before someone else is able to begin capturing that cartel.  There are some technical reasons (related to server performance) that I am taking a somewhat easier route by making the timer be 30 minutes instead of implementing a system that would require a full capture of the cartel by another gang before the previous owner's lose the benefits of the captured area.  I'm still open to doing this what I consider to be the "right" way, but for now I'm trying to give you mostly what you want without doing too many changes.  

Just now, bamf said:

Note about cartel capture timers:  Several ideas have been tossed around about how to handle the timing of cartel captures in order to allow a gang to "have time" to start/do a run of X related to their cartel before someone else is able to begin capturing that cartel.  There are some technical reasons (related to server performance) that I am taking a somewhat easier route by making the timer be 30 minutes instead of implementing a system that would require a full capture of the cartel by another gang before the previous owner's lose the benefits of the captured area.  I'm still open to doing this what I consider to be the "right" way, but for now I'm trying to give you mostly what you want without doing too many changes.  

why not 30 minutes, and after 15 minutes all benefits are cut off if contested? that would allow the owner to have plenty of time to finish what they are doing; get gear and go defend?

Edited by Sp0on
Just now, Sp0on said:

why not 30 minutes, and after 15 minutes all benefits are cut off if contested? that would allow the owner to have plenty of time to finish what they are doing; get gear and go defend?

Because of those technical reasons.

Just now, Sp0on said:

As far as I know the purpose of this change was to prevent people waiting for a cartel to finish being capped then 15 minutes later immediately go contest it.

Instead they are now more encouraged to attack it while it's contested because they will have to wait longer to have a chance at fighting it.

Edited by Steve
McMuffin, FudgeR and Sp0on like this
Just now, bamf said:

Hotfix 2:

• Moved 2 of the 3 Oil Field / Hydrogen Sulfate mine spawns.  The Kavala one is down the hill a touch now making it easier to reach, and the one near the free fire zone has been wholly re-located to address concerns related to it's placement.  
  • The APD has reinforced the walls at Athira HQ.
  • The APD has removed some rocks and a gate at the HW patrol HQ.
  • Governor pardons should now require you to confirm that you want the pardon as expected.
  • The respawn labeled "Donor" now correctly displays Therisa.
  • The township of Therisa has voted to not allow timber to be gathered inside it's city limits (like all other spawn towns).
  • Vehicles with 0 fuel will now receive enough fuel to reach a gas station when pulled from the garage.  
  • Cartels will now be unavailable to be captured for 30 minutes.  More on this in a footnote below.  
  • Several service side optimizations have been put in place as well.  

*Cough Cough* Axe *Cough*

@bamf

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

@bamf @Gnashes Your thoughts on white listing medics?.Its something that has been suggested so many times and since we have @Gen. Henry Arnold who can make cool skins it might be a cool addition to the server

Plus are we possibly going to have any rebel tree in the future?

Whitelisting medics isn't going to give you what you want I don't think.  Also, managing another true faction like that will be a pain overall.  It would mean fewer times that you can revive overall, and I think the community would not be happy with that.  

The rebel talent tree system is still in development.  

Just now, william said:

The gang garage system should roll out relatively soon.  @Gnashes and I have been going through the things that would need to be tweaked to make that happen.  

#PeakBehindTheCurtain

FudgeR, K1NG, Bazzajack and 7 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Whitelisting medics isn't going to give you what you want I don't think.  Also, managing another true faction like that will be a pain overall.  It would mean fewer times that you can revive overall, and I think the community would not be happy with that.  

The gang garage system should roll out relatively soon.  @Gnashes and I have been going through the things that would need to be tweaked to make that happen.  

#PeakBehindTheCurtain

Would the rebel talent tree system work similarly to honor for bounty hunters or more like the regular talent point system?

On 2/3/2018 at 9:04 PM, cHIP ōTLE said:

Yeah, because THAT wouldn't cause more rifts than disappearing gang banks.  "Hey guys, there were 10 ifrits in the garage yesterday, now there's 2, where the fuck to all of our ifrits go?"

make it so only Rank 1s and 2s can pull gang vehicles out, and don't give anyone you don't already trust rank 1 or 2. Problem solved.

TRYHARD, BlackShot, JAY1HP and 5 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

#PeakBehindTheCurtain

Is it true trees are getting nerfed again please don't 

Edited by Saug
Just now, Lucien said:

He is asking if they will. Personally I just feel there needs to be processing added because it is such a quick method for money

Donor is getting tossed into the .5km restriction. So at minimum you're driving a kilometer round trip in a HEMTT.

We've also tossed the trees into logging for sales, so we can easily judge if they need to get tweaked a touch.

Just now, Lucien said:

He is asking if they will. Personally I just feel there needs to be processing added because it is such a quick method for money

How's it quick? Now that all cities have a radius, you have to go quite far out to find a good area with trees and then drive back to a market, which is usually done with a truck.

Admittedly, it was extremely easy and fast with the Donor town trick, but that's been fixed now.

Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

How's it quick? Now that all cities have a radius, you have to go quite far out to find a good area with trees and then drive back to a market, which is usually done with a truck.

Admittedly, it was extremely easy and fast with the Donor town trick, but that's been fixed now.

Not really. It takes 7 to 10 minutes to fill a HEMMT Box + your inventory. It sells for exactly $28,665, is quick, and is very low risk.

Edited by Cliff.
Joe (StealthProxy) likes this