Change log 8.1.0

bamf

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

@bamf Any chance north wongs location can be swapped with east arms location? East arms location is a better cap and no one fights north wongs because its too far away

putting wongs right next to arms?  can't see that happening.  

they should just get rid of north wongs all together

Edited by cHIP ōTLE
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

@bamf Any chance north wongs location can be swapped with east arms location? East arms location is a better cap and no one fights north wongs because its too far away

That peninsula down there is for Arms.  Having 2 caps within such a short distance is not preferable.  

Just now, Shepurd said:

On this note @bamf, it would be really cool if we could see logs for gang banks/the new gang garage to see who deposits and withdraws what.

What do I look like - your accountant?  Exposing gang logs to players is not something that would be easy to do.  Think about all the transactions that happen...

Just now, bamf said:

That peninsula down there is for Arms.  Having 2 caps within such a short distance is not preferable.  

What do I look like - your accountant?  Exposing gang logs to players is not something that would be easy to do.  Think about all the transactions that happen...

Why would that not be easy to do? Could you simply allow rank 1s to see the last 25 transactions of the gang bank?

I understand both points of view from the admins and the players..The players are just frustrated..To be honest bamf you got a really loyal playerbase here..For these guys to put up with all the craziness and lag for this long now and still log onto the server everyday and give it a chance is honestly commendable, I feel as if they should be rewarded, this update is in the right direction but 39k an hour?...i'm sorry but I wouldn't even bother and then yet a cut is taken out for a legal activity? oh dear..no thanks. the prices of selling things on this server just doesn't quite match up how expensive you guys have made everything, im not sure how much oracs and ifrits are now..it honestly is just too grindy for todays meta arma 3 is on the downfall bigtime and altis life everyones been there and done that, if this server is "light rp, pvp server" as you guys claim..why is everything such a pain to do to get money to do this "light rp,pvp" you guys kinda contradict yourselves when you say one thing then make it another, ex. grindy runs, low profits, high prices on rebel items.. if a server was less money making people would want to log on because it would equal more fun, less grinding, literally every good way to make money have been changed or removed it just seems as @Gnashes goal to make all the people who have meme'd him grind for days

let's just compare....

X SERVER

meth run (around 30 mins or less in orca on x server) - 500k or so? 2 loadouts? orca costs very cheap and once oyu have insurance its only 150k to replace (50k asylum, replace orca 15k asylum)

10 runs, 4-5mil around 15 loadouts and it took around 4-5 hours..

ASYLUM

oil run (IN A HEMTT) 39k.........................( ONE HOUR .. -____- ) barely a loadout and it took an HOUR

well the above was done in a hemtt, so i doubt you would be able to do it in a hemtt everytime without being robbed 3 out of 5 times

so honestly let's just say 12 hours 390k-420k 10 loadouts... 

meth run - honestly I don't know i've not done meth in ages last time i did it i had to get up at 6am and do it with my UK friends when the server was empty and everyother time i ran meth a cop showed up at ephedra or at meth lab or somebody came to meth lab and killed me or i wrecked my sport hatch and died and alt f4'd

i asked 3-4 of my friends from altis life and they didn't even know...because nobody really does it i guess?

one friend told me lumber is the best money mkaing method, so you know when running lumber is the bes and im assuming thats so because no admin would think anyone would run lumber so they haven't nerfed it..but im guessing that is coming soon, gnashes will go check the sqfs and nerf it soon XD (jk gnashes buddy but you do nerf everything)

one thing i do know, everyone arguing about how long you've been on the server/what gang you';ve been in isn't solving anything..everytime i come on the forums to check out how things are going i just seen abunch of angry children arguing calling people a "nobody" because they weren't in a gang on an atlis life server on arma 3 lol it's pretty funnybut then again like i said above everyone is frustrated and i don't blame them it's why i quit playing arma it's just too cancerous these days, but anyway just stating my point of view hope everyone has a great work week keep up the great work @bamf @Gnashes

Farmer Steve and BioHazard like this
Just now, JAY1HP said:

>Tries to argue pricing between servers

>Compared an illegal activity on one to a legal activity on another, and states incorrect prices for the legal activity

Oil is more than 39k/hr. It's around 85k, which sits somewhere between Coke and Heroin.

People are also all currently running everything 10% faster, and buying almost everything for 5-10% less with the community goals they met. So there's that too.

Just now, Gnashes said:

>Tries to argue pricing between servers

>Compared an illegal activity on one to a legal activity on another, and states incorrect prices for the legal activity

>just a condescending asshole who's ego is through the roof for no apparent reason

>someone posts something you always have to one up what they say and tries to make them feel stupid because you were bullied your whole life

>never said prices were accurate nor correct, i was just showing how different the money returns are

>i compared more than one i think your eyes are deceiving you

>said nothing about you nerfing shit to the ground on a daily basis or my other statements confirming that they are indeed correct

>this is why nobody can be contributor or would want to be because you are such a pompous ass (me, kbw)

>anyone that suggest something you didn't come up with the idea is complete shit

and go ahead, delete my post because you know i'm right, but you'll leave yours right?

544heu, Ronald, Space and 3 others like this

@JAY1HP well for starters: 

1. You can make 85k/hour doing oil (according to admins who I had actually do the runs in various vehicles) - so not sure where 39k is coming from.  Oil was designed to sit between heroin and cocaine if you do it in a large vehicle.  The pricing does just that.  BUT - you don't even need one of those larger vehicles, it just happens to speed up your gathering some.  You can still get oil with a pickaxe...
  2. Second, like Gnashes said you're trying to compare something that was put in as a legal activity with illegal activities elsewhere.  Of course illegal things (high end ones at that) are going to pay more.
  3. Lots of people run meth.  I look at the logs so I'm in a pretty decent position to know compared to someone who says they "have not done meth in ages".  

The oil update was geared at civs (not necessarily gangs).  The gangs got a great tie in though since I flipped the oil cartel to have money go straight into a gang account rather than rubber which no one deemed valuable enough to fight over.  I honestly don't see why people would be upset by any of this. 

New thing for people to do/more money for gangs/profit.

BlackShot likes this
Just now, bamf said:

@JAY1HP well for starters: 

1. You can make 85k/hour doing oil (according to admins who I had actually do the runs in various vehicles) - so not sure where 39k is coming from.  Oil was designed to sit between heroin and cocaine if you do it in a large vehicle.  The pricing does just that.  BUT - you don't even need one of those larger vehicles, it just happens to speed up your gathering some.  You can still get oil with a pickaxe...
  2. Second, like Gnashes said you're trying to compare something that was put in as a legal activity with illegal activities elsewhere.  Of course illegal things (high end ones at that) are going to pay more.
  3. Lots of people run meth.  I look at the logs so I'm in a pretty decent position to know compared to someone who says they "have not done meth in ages".  

The oil update was geared at civs (not necessarily gangs).  The gangs got a great tie in though since I flipped the oil cartel to have money go straight into a gang account rather than rubber which no one deemed valuable enough to fight over.  I honestly don't see why people would be upset by any of this. 

New thing for people to do/more money for gangs/profit.

thank you, an actual real response, i wasn't 100% on pricing just read a bit through this post

Completely off topic with this patch but consider utilizing some of these locations around the map.

This location is a given for something new and i know @bamf has said he has had some ideas for it in the past:

25d24a632f67f44d51b99e89b0c63b9f.jpg

This spot is located just south of Rodo beside DP14 and could be used for something to do with the new oil system like making fuel or something, just a thought:

2705c87642cdee5c0e368e173ef38e62.jpg

Same with this one North of Sofia:

c06b216a5057bd92e8cf3cb4e8ef711f.jpg

This is related to Wongs Cartel. Out of every location wongs has been this one has been the most fought over and i think all should be scrapped except the one beside donor and then add this one back:

e2b97e4722800d2148d7231f64a50cf1.jpg

@bamf @Gnashes Thoughts?

JAY1HP, TRYHARD, Maaqs and 2 others like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Completely off topic with this patch but consider utilizing some of these locations around the map.

This location is a given for something new and i know @bamf has said he has had some ideas for it in the past:

This spot is located just south of Rodo beside DP14 and could be used for something to do with the new oil system like making fuel or something, just a thought:

This is related to Wongs Cartel. Out of every location wongs has been this one has been the most fought over and i think all should be scrapped except the one beside donor and then add this one back:

@bamf @Gnashes Thoughts?

i've always said this, the map has tons of unused areas would be great to add some things in those areas

Edited by JAY1HP
Just now, bamf said:

That was an individual run, not an hour of effort...  He also likely did not own oil cartel given that pricing either.

okay yeah i saw it took him 30-45mins so i can agree my prices were not accurate but they were close not sure why gnashes always has to be such a prick to everyone it wasnt a shit post that i made, if you read the bottom part i said i think you guys are doing a great job, people don't realize how annoying owning a server is, when i had mine in arma 2 it was such a drain dealing with ungrateful people that think it's a walk in the park to code,test, and implement things with dealing with comp requests, donations, bans, exploiters , its alot of work and once you are in a admin/dev position it ruins the game for you, it's not the same and takes the fun out of it, t's kinda like when you go into a profession that you really enjoy, once you do that said profession as a job, you come home and what you used to do for fun is a chore now

Just now, bamf said:

Not saying anything would easy to do, but people have been asking for Logs and Statistics forever. You guys never got around to doing it and so Olympus did it instead. You guys can be scared about making polls because, "Other servers will steal our ideas." but other servers have been stealing our ideas for years because rarely anything we actually suggest gets implemented.

And don't think you and Gnashes will have to do everything either. If Olympus can have a staff team with Designers, Developers, and people who work specifically on their website, so can we. I know most of this shit show was caused by Paratus putting all of his focus into Identity, which left you and Big G being captain of a sinking boat, but I still think we can come back from this.

Perhaps instead of the donation goals going towards buying you guys dinner, it should say something like, "$500 Donation Goal to hire a Website Dev and Designer.". That's something I would actually be willing to donate towards. Not 5% discounts at rebel, and 1 month worth of something that should already be permanently added to the game. The money should go towards hiring someone to make cool shit like this..

dPzP2p9.png

mF53dI2.png

83a7wjU.png

4m0IarP.png

If you and Gnashes are both working 60 hour weeks, let the community help pay for devs who have the time to add content that we want added.

Being transparent with the community is KEY. Which making @Mitch (IFRIT) CM was a good step in moving towards that goal.  

#MakeAsylumGreatAgain

Treeontyn, JAY1HP, Maaqs and 21 others like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

@bamf @Gnashes Thoughts?

First ficture was the skiptracer when it came out

Just now, Lucien said:

tbf i dont think many people other than kav newbs care about medics slamming off roads I just like new content and feel whitelisting medics will at least give some sort of new progression like the Master Bounty Hunter update

Well to add to what I said the other problem is the fact that if you die anywhere that’s not kavala square you are not getting revived.

Edit: All I’m saying is medic should have more organization and less aids. It could be so much more than it is now.

Edited by Batcan
Just now, Batcan said:

Well to add to what I said the other problem is the fact that if you die anywhere that’s not kavala square you are not getting revived.

Edit: All I’m saying is medic should have more organization and less aids. It could be so much more than it is now.

Again, we have no intentions of ever whitelisting medics. If we ever did, you'd see the end of anyone else having a revive ability.

Just now, Azeh said:

no no, Mitch does a good job

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Like azeh pointed out here. Bringing your ideas and thoughts to me does actually work. I listen and see what could work for the community and the devs. I'm open to message in discord or the forums....

I gotta agree with Azeh. I've been bothering and messaging Mitch for a few days now - and I mean it in a good way - and we were actually able to have a talk and find some middle ground. I'm still thinking some ideas over and he sounded pretty open to discussing whatever comes up and making them happen if possible.

I'm far from pointing fingers here, but I didn't have the same success before Mitch. Not even the same amount of interest I think.

Just now, Steve said:

This would be the end of asylum. It was and is one of the biggest reasons myself and so many others chose to stick around.

Right; which is why we're never gonna do it

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Like azeh pointed out here. Bringing your ideas and thoughts to me does actually work. I listen and see what could work for the community and the devs. I'm open to message in discord or the forums....

Zaros changes? Its currently pretty useless, a few months back people would cap it for orca chopping when that made good money but now its not as profitable. Its kinda in the "cartel" area of the map. Maybe the ability to purchase 7.62 weapons from the turf? Keep the MK200, LIM, and RPG for rebel of course. People have been asking for another rebel near arms/donor area and Zaros could be a happy medium.

And will gov tax ever be removed from rebel?