Change log 8.1.0

bamf

3 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• Timber is now on the market, but has a very high unit count before reductions kick in.
  • The price of timber has been slightly reduced.

Timber is still much better than before the patch, but we're tweaking it down just a touch.  It shouldn't be the only thing people want to do...

Tweak price fine but you didn't need need to lower how much a tree produces tbh 

Just now, Saug said:

what about my post :(

Price and how much they produce are effectively the same thing. They could have nerfed price a lot to make it not worth much with quick runs or nerf both a little so that you have to do a few more trees to complete your run but you still make a decent amount. If the price was nerfed a lot I'd imagine people would stop doing it completely just based off of the price being very low, not even taking into account how long a run takes.

Just now, Scott said:

Price and how much they produce are effectively the same thing. They could have nerfed price a lot to make it not worth much with quick runs or nerf both a little so that you have to do a few more trees to complete your run but you still make a decent amount. If the price was nerfed a lot I'd imagine people would stop doing it completely just based off of the price being very low, not even taking into account how long a run takes.

Each tree makes 24 timber now it makes 16 and nerfed price instead of $105 it is now worth $78

big nerf tbh 

If any of y'all watch the news you know that North Korea makes a shit ton of money and avoids sanctions by smuggling oil through Japan and China,  

Now I have seen it mentioned many times above that Oil is a "Legal" Money making source, and thats why it is so shit at the moment :P

Now what if there was another type of oil that could be drilled, like Heavy Crude, or Natural gas, something that is worse for the environment, and more desired on the black market.  Maybe the Wong Family would open up a black market for solid black gold.  These oil fields would be illegal areas,  maybe the govt in Pyrgos sanctioned the oil coming from the fields around the airport.  and thus you get an illegal and more sought after type of oil you can sell for more ?

Just a suggestion

17 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• Timber is now on the market, but has a very high unit count before reductions kick in.
  • The price of timber has been slightly reduced.

Timber is still much better than before the patch, but we're tweaking it down just a touch.  It shouldn't be the only thing people want to do...

saw that one coming

Or maybe it is like a North Korean Tanker that has run aground on the shore somewhere, spilling oil all along the sand,  you got with your truck and just drill the sand.  And since its illegal to drill there maybe you need a special truck, and it is more money when you sell it

Just now, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

• Helicopters should spawn toolkits if you are properly talented again
  • APD undercover officers can now retrieve fuel trucks from their garage
  • The APD helicopter talents for corporals and sergeant/LT are now properly ordered sequentially

@bamf Could you look into pygros courthouse cannot send bountys and the marker is off from the building i think

Just now, Smee said:

fa4b3716714113cd7864200a4091e471.jpg

Shows the marker not on the building

I could be wrong, but I believe it doesn't show the building on the map because the church/Courthouse was added in the editor and there is actually nothing there on the default map of Altis

The building next to the question mark I believe is a 40k house or something like that

Edited by •JiM•
Just now, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

• The APD helicopter talents for corporals and sergeant/LT are now properly ordered sequentially

Any chance of undercover RVs?

DJB likes this
8 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 4:

fuckin ty. now i can sell the 5 fuel trucks i bought as a meme

DJB likes this
Just now, Jamal said:

they've been saying they have been working on a rebel tree since the bounty hunter update it doesn't mean shit

I don't believe it has been quite that long but it would be nice to hear about the progress on the rebel talent tree and some of the general things we could expect from it. As I said before @bamf we usually don't appreciate surprises in this community, especially the ones that can entirely alter a certain area of the game. In my opinion it would be advantageous to you if you told the community a few key talents coming from this in the event the community extremely dislikes your ideas behind it potentially making your time and effort pointless. 

Transparency in certain areas is key.

Edited by Steve
Donald, Maaqs, BioHazard and 1 other like this
On 6.2.2018 at 2:34 AM, bamf said:

@JAY1HP well for starters: 

1. You can make 85k/hour doing oil (according to admins who I had actually do the runs in various vehicles) - so not sure where 39k is coming from.  Oil was designed to sit between heroin and cocaine if you do it in a large vehicle.  The pricing does just that.  BUT - you don't even need one of those larger vehicles, it just happens to speed up your gathering some.  You can still get oil with a pickaxe...
  2. Second, like Gnashes said you're trying to compare something that was put in as a legal activity with illegal activities elsewhere.  Of course illegal things (high end ones at that) are going to pay more.
  3. Lots of people run meth.  I look at the logs so I'm in a pretty decent position to know compared to someone who says they "have not done meth in ages".  

The oil update was geared at civs (not necessarily gangs).  The gangs got a great tie in though since I flipped the oil cartel to have money go straight into a gang account rather than rubber which no one deemed valuable enough to fight over.  I honestly don't see why people would be upset by any of this. 

New thing for people to do/more money for gangs/profit.

Rubber was good for making Ifrits,orcas ect.

Just now, Fudger said:

TBH servers are way better but still cant fight a cartel on s1/s4 without lagging.. literally have to fight on s2/s3 cause its dead most the time to fight smooth

yea even when its on the lower end on s4 it still for some reason shits it self at times.It makes fighting annoying as fuck most times,an ive been wanted to fight a bit more at cartels,but with the amount of lag an what not half the times dont even hear the shots.

Just now, DankBud said:

yea even when its on the lower end on s4 it still for some reason shits it self at times.It makes fighting annoying as fuck most times,an ive been wanted to fight a bit more at cartels,but with the amount of lag an what not half the times dont even hear the shots.

usually for some reason when i just fight smaller gangs it doesnt really lag, im talking about 12v12 or so fights with 'real' pushes 

Edited by Fudger
On 2/7/2018 at 2:57 PM, P.FitzWallace said:

If any of y'all watch the news you know that North Korea makes a shit ton of money and avoids sanctions by smuggling oil through Japan and China,  

Now I have seen it mentioned many times above that Oil is a "Legal" Money making source, and thats why it is so shit at the moment :P

Now what if there was another type of oil that could be drilled, like Heavy Crude, or Natural gas, something that is worse for the environment, and more desired on the black market.  Maybe the Wong Family would open up a black market for solid black gold.  These oil fields would be illegal areas,  maybe the govt in Pyrgos sanctioned the oil coming from the fields around the airport.  and thus you get an illegal and more sought after type of oil you can sell for more ?

Just a suggestion

+1

14 hours ago, DankBud said:

lulz i see what you did there...but yea 12v12 is a different story

It's weird because when we get into fights with cops even when the total people involved is a much bigger number things run smoothly. I am still convinced there is something with the cartel script that makes everything lag.

FudgeR likes this
Just now, Steve said:

It's weird because when we get into fights with cops even when the total people involved is a much bigger number things run smoothly. I am still convinced there is something with the cartel script that makes everything lag.

I agree...even when we fight cops on s4 after about 10 mins or so its like 50-50 if its gonna start to shit it self..I think its like a combo of things also,like cartel script,the Y inventory,smoke from ifrits ect ect,the server is trying to register everything going on an has trouble keeping up.