BDO - Workers / Life Skills

Gatorade

Just now, Sugarfoot said:

Probably not the place to post this compaired to say reddit (Dont have a reddit account yet :D) but I know there was some real good BDO players in this community.

If you can explain how the fuck to get started on a lot of this shit it would be amazing. I tried watching video's for a few hours but its confusing as fuck

step 1 uninstall

Reapered likes this
9 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Probably not the place to post this compaired to say reddit (Dont have a reddit account yet :D) but I know there was some real good BDO players in this community.

If you can explain how the fuck to get started on a lot of this shit it would be amazing. I tried watching video's for a few hours but its confusing as fuck

Hire workers

let them work

AFK 

In that order.

Just now, Maaqs said:

@Sugarfoot What exactly are you trying to get started with workers/life skills?

Do you need Contribution Points (CP) to get started with nodes/workers, or are you more curious about certain lifeskills?

Just trying to gain money other then grinding. Figured its probably time to start having some passive income rather then just farming. (I have like maybe 105 contribution points)

Just now, Joshhh said:

Been playing since just after launch, so have quite a bit of knowledge on it, are you confused on how to set up workers on nodes, and the tiers/skills of workers, or about how to utilise workers to progress in life skills?

If you can picture this all I have done in this game is level, pvp, and grind spots. I have probably no knowledge of any of it.

ive managed to get 450 GS but I figured its probably time to start doing things smart

Edited by Sugarfoot

Just trying to gain money other then grinding. Figured its probably time to start having some passive income rather then just farming. (I have like maybe 105 contribution points)

If you can picture this all I have done in this game is level, pvp, and grind spots. I have probably no knowledge of any of it.

ive managed to get 450 GS but I figured its probably time to start doing things smart

Then you want to cook some beer. You just need a house (just a few CP) and buy yourself a cook utensil. You need:

5 Corn/Wheat/Barley/Potato (ANY will do - workers can gather this for you)

6 Mineral Water (vendor)

1 Sugar (vendor)

2 Leavening Agent (vendor)

If you need to find the cooking guy in whatever city, hit the NPC button in the top right, and click on cooking. Your arrows/guide will take you there.

While you make beer with this recipe, you also get 5 "by products" as well. One of these by-products is "exchange for CP xp" at Alejandro Farm (just north of Heidel City.) Use your newfound CP to create a node empire, use your energy to find workers. (Goblins are the best, aim for green/blue if you can with energy rerolls) Owning "alts" for energy useage is advised. Once you start getting some workers gathering barley/corn/potatoes/ores/timber whatever, these materials go into the storage of whatever town you bought the workers in. If you get Ores, you want to process ONCE (L by default, heating) or wood (L, chopping) TWICE. There is an AFK-Processing outfit you can buy ($20), but I wouldn't suggest it just yet.

That's "active AFK" money making. You can make thousands of beer at once easily (I make about 5k+ at a time and watch a movie on my 2nd monitor) and then turn around and sell some of it if the market is empty.

IF you want full on AFK-money making, then get into either fishing (Balenos Fishing Rod) or train horses (what I do). To AFK fish, you simply start fishing and then click the "throwaway useless items caught while fishing" or with horses - you put it on a path WITHIN CITY LIMTIS and click "Auto Loop." Just make sure you have carrots (purchasable from MP and are cheap.)

It's a lot to take in at once (trust me, I know) but if you have any further questions or if I failed to go in-depth somewhere, just ask.

Joshhh likes this

morrolan  top 10 node https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npFgXn-gHNY

best way to make silver get timber nodes  metal nodes 

get workers in trent/grana   start making junk/monney crates  level ure trading  using storage crate method  

make  a fuck ton of beer / essence of liquor  get more cp  and work on getting more energy

go every day to sheep mounthen  gather sheep  make meat pie  turn them into imperial boxes  same can be dun whit eggs fish  honney wine 

cooking recepies http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/all-recipes/

260 page guide of life skills https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mCpycYxOrgMWQZscI-dJa3gknSDZgZERcxetXJE46XU/edit

Just now, Maaqs said:

Then you want to cook some beer. You just need a house (just a few CP) and buy yourself a cook utensil. You need:

5 Corn/Wheat/Barley/Potato (ANY will do - workers can gather this for you)

6 Mineral Water (vendor)

1 Sugar (vendor)

2 Leavening Agent (vendor)

If you need to find the cooking guy in whatever city, hit the NPC button in the top right, and click on cooking. Your arrows/guide will take you there.

While you make beer with this recipe, you also get 5 "by products" as well. One of these by-products is "exchange for CP xp" at Alejandro Farm (just north of Heidel City.) Use your newfound CP to create a node empire, use your energy to find workers. (Goblins are the best, aim for green/blue if you can with energy rerolls) Owning "alts" for energy useage is advised. Once you start getting some workers gathering barley/corn/potatoes/ores/timber whatever, these materials go into the storage of whatever town you bought the workers in. If you get Ores, you want to process ONCE (L by default, heating) or wood (L, chopping) TWICE. There is an AFK-Processing outfit you can buy ($20), but I wouldn't suggest it just yet.

That's "active AFK" money making. You can make thousands of beer at once easily (I make about 5k+ at a time and watch a movie on my 2nd monitor) and then turn around and sell some of it if the market is empty.

IF you want full on AFK-money making, then get into either fishing (Balenos Fishing Rod) or train horses (what I do). To AFK fish, you simply start fishing and then click the "throwaway useless items caught while fishing" or with horses - you put it on a path WITHIN CITY LIMTIS and click "Auto Loop." Just make sure you have carrots (purchasable from MP and are cheap.)

It's a lot to take in at once (trust me, I know) but if you have any further questions or if I failed to go in-depth somewhere, just ask.

I mean more like passive money WHIlST im farming

Just now, Joshhh said:

You aint gonna make shit without cp, beer = cp, dailies = cp. 

This might be a dumb question, but making the beer gives me cp?

My other question is if you can confirm or deny my understanding: I do things to obtain CP and that CP is used to connect nodes for things like trading. Regardless what I choose to do with life skills the CP used to connect the nodes is the first vital thing. The next vital thing is leveling up the life skill that I desire in order to work with better stuff. The third thing is where I am confused - workers. Are the workers the ones who will be making me money?

On 2/4/2018 at 2:19 AM, Sugarfoot said:

A good way is to link up all of the Olvia nodes for the farms and you can recruit workers in Olvia. You feed them the beer you make from the potatoes and corn you make. a good guide video to get  started though is this one... If you need a more in depth guide you can pm me i can hop on for 2 seconds and help been so damn long since i've played though. I can show you the way i have it set up though.

Edited by Tyler
Just now, Tyler said:

A good way is to link up all of the Olvia nodes for the farms and you can recruit workers in Olvia. You feed them the beer you make from the potatoes and corn you make. a good guide video to get  started though is this one... If you need a more in depth guide you can pm me i can hop on for 2 seconds and help been so damn long since i've played though. I can show you the way i have it set up though.

Now they just make you money while you grind e.t.c? If so how much does that actually make and how long does it take to get a decent set up going

Now they just make you money while you grind e.t.c? If so how much does that actually make and how long does it take to get a decent set up going

You won't make any money and you won't lose any money for a really long time. You have to get your Cooking up to be able to profit but the beer you make from the workers is self-sustaining and yes you can just grind somewhere or something while they gather. But a lot of people use that method to get cooking up and then either make horse food, or costumes, reform stones, low level gear (grunil etc). That's when you start making money. It's really fucking confusing until you get it started... trust me took me a while to even build up the CP.

super good guide on all of it... 

Spoiler

Edited by Tyler
  • 1 month later...