Maric's List of Miscellaneous Suggestions/Improvements

Introduction:

This list is a compilation of all ideas I, Maric, have come up with that could improve Asylum. In no way am I proposing that these changes will "save" Asylum, but rather these changes and suggestions are to improve the experience of players in the future.

Key:

Black Items are current ideas

Green Items that are crossed out have been either implemented or fixed.

Red Items that are crossed out are ideas that were thought of but have been confirmed to not be fixable or implementable.

List of Miscellaneous Suggestions/Improvements

1. Add the ability to use the "T" key to open shops. I would intend this to work just like how it works on vehicles, but I can see the problems with a sign has multiple options such as the signs in Police HQ. Not Possible with the current design of the shops.

2. Fix the backwards words on the "Truck Fuel". You could fix this by flipping the text so it appears backwards on the texture sheet. Can't be fixed due to the fact that only a single texture is used to skin both sides of trucks.

3. Add a Oil Processor at the mineral processor that is near the federal reserve. No nearby oil fields.

4. Move the Hydrogen Sulfate/Oil Field south of Donor Town up North between DP3 and DP4, possibly. Added in version 8.1.1

5. Change the name of "Donor Town" to "Therisa" on the respawn menu. Added in a Hotfix.

6. Make it so houses can be removed from the market after they are listed by a player. Added in version 8.1.4

7. Make the bungalow at the original Wong's Triad Cartel purchasable. Added in a Hotfix.

8. Make Bounty Hunter Hunters, Armed Qilin, Armed Jeep, and Tarus craftable at Black Market Production.

9. Add more vehicle spawns in Kavala. There are only three in Kavala square and five in Athira. Unnecessary due to truck shop in Kavala

10. Improve the detection of vehicles on vehicle spawns in Athira. I know that vehicle spawn four and five will allow vehicles to spawn in even if there is a vehicle on the spawn. Onto the back burner until I get some more evidence.

11. Increase the price of the Medic Van to deter medics from intentional blowing them up. Unnecessary as medics have ceased the intentional detonation of their life saving vehicles.

12. Add some sort of filter for vehicles that can be spawned in in garages/Industrial shed. The biggest vehicle you can pull out of a garage is a flatbed and the biggest vehicle you can pull out of an industrial shed is a HEMITT Transport. This filter would prevent players from adjacently blowing up their garages/sheds and vehicles. Added in some patch.

13. Increase the amount of money medics receive from reviving a player. Added in version 8.1.1

14. Move the Pyrgos courthouse from the church by the Bank of Altis to the church closer in town. Unnecessary, but would be nice.

15. Create a formal process for players who are interested in suggesting revisions or content to the wiki. The current system will stand.

16. Add a notification in chat that a player has been given parole and a notification if the parole has been denied. Added in version 8.1.1

17. Make the gang bank account viewable on cell phones.

18. Add a cooldown when a player tries to pull out multiple vehicles. Added in version 8.1.1

19. Make a formal system specifically for dealing with compensation in regards to bounties combat logging or at least synchronize the ways all administrators compensate for it. Unnecessary now because of the combat logging system in version 8.1.1

20. Redo the Kavala HQ. Not Necessary.

21. Increase the prices of items found while excavating (gold doubloons, silver doubloons, pearls, etc.) to compensate for the decreased price of Processed Oil. 

22. Add a property tax to each property a player owns or remove the Talent "Handyman".

23. Fix the bug where the vehicle spawn cooldown triggers when a vehicle is chopped at chop shop.

24. Make it so that you must have to "show crates" in order to place a crate or barrel in a house to negate houses eating crates.

25. Remove the ability to gather cocaine outside of the cocaine field. Added in 8.1.5

26. Decrease the price APD variants of vehicles pay for chopping to prevent potential exploiting. Added in 8.1.5

27. Remove a player's parole violation tracker upon being lethaled by an APD officer. Seems to be fixed.

28. Make the default setting of the MK1 on swat non-lethal. Swat is disabled.

29. Make the "Cop Enter as Passenger" work on Prowlers.

30. Make LIM/MK200/Rahiem ammo craftable at Black Market Productions.

31. Make the "Enter as Gunner" and "Enter as Passenger" work on Qilins and Prowlers for Bounty Hunters.

32. Add houses being sold by the bank (for "market price") to "Locate Homes for Sale" at the Home Improvement.

33. Allow for House Menu to be viewed while in a vehicle. Added in 8.2.4

34. Add the ability for emergency lights to be turned on and off via the scroll wheel in APD Prowlers. Added in 8.1.6

35. Retrofit the treasure map system from Tanoa to work on Altis. May eliminate the need for #21.

36. Remove Coke Field buildings/assets due to no need for the pit.

37. Fix the invisibility when sitting in a chair. Added in a Hotfix.

This list will continue to grow and be revised in the future.

Original Source of this idea:

Edited by Maric
BlackShot, Twinkie, Blocker and 8 others like this

#2: If you look on the texture sheets, there is only one side panel texture. It gets flipped for the other side, can't do anything about it.

#15: Message anyone here http://gaming-asylumwiki.com/wiki/Wiki_Staff with any issues you find with the wiki. We all have added links to our profiles for PMs.

#18: There is already a cooldown done by closing the garage window each time you buy or pull a vehicle, why increase the time?

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
Frizzy likes this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

#18: There is already a cooldown done by closing the garage window each time you buy or pull a vehicle, why increase the time?

It has been my experience that some players will block all the vehicles spawns or pull out vehicles to cancel other players' request to pull out vehicles. All these ideas are from my experience playing on the server.

Edited by Maric
Cliff. likes this

@Gnashes @Gen. Henry Arnold @bamf

Just now, Gnashes said:

Fixed to go into the next patch

How come hunters are not craft able ?.

Rebs can craft them if they have arms dealer. So maybe you could have it that in the BH talent tree  someone for around 25k honnor or something like that not to expensive though that you can learn it and have the ability to craft hunters ?

One last thing why is honnor not comp able isnt it in a data base along with the money and other data ? 

Just now, Redtails2000 said:

How come hunters are not craft able ?.

Rebs can craft them if they have arms dealer. So maybe you could have it that in the BH talent tree  someone for around 25k honnor or something like that not to expensive though that you can learn it and have the ability to craft hunters ?

I cannot speak on behalf of the development team, but as far as I know it was just something that wasn't considered. It wasn't that they chose to intentionally not include it.

Edited by Maric
8 hours ago, Maric said:

13. Increase the amount of money medics receive from reviving a player. Additionally, it would be nice to retrofit the APD prestige system to allow medics to be paid for giving out blood bags, splits, and pain killers.

I agree with medics making more though I think that would go back to the old debate of whitelisted medics.

Am I understanding that you want APD officers on medic to receive money for giving bloods, splints and painkillers? Once you get infinite of these you spam them like there is no tomorrow cause you just don't care. I have countless times healed people I knew would probably turn around and shoot me within 10 minutes because it didn't matter. I can heal them or they can go to medical, what's the difference? Already you get 40 prestige for blooding someone at 99% health, I don't think you need to make money for it as well.

That being said about APD medic, I have always thought it would be cool if medic, medics got paid for blooding, giving splints or painkillers. I mean even if it was like $25 more then they cost for them to buy them. That would give the medics who don't want to soft log and want to rp a way to actually make a tiny bit for their time healing people. As it is now they only get good will money from a small number of players.

J. Urbanowski likes this
Just now, bbgreg17 said:

Am I understanding that you want APD officers on medic to receive money for giving bloods, splints and painkillers?

No, APD officers who are on medic do not receive money for blood bagging, giving splints, and feeding painkillers to player, but rather they are given prestige will allows them to get perks (such as the infinite blood bags). It works sorta like the honor system for bounty hunters. What I am proposing is that that system gets changed to instead give money for those actions and this script would be applied only to the medic class.

Edited by Maric
Just now, Maric said:

No, APD officers who are on medic do not receive money for blood bagging, giving splints, and feeding painkillers to player, but rather they are given prestige will allows them to get perks (such as the infinite blood bags). It works sorta like the honor system for bounty hunters. What I am proposing is that that system gets changed to instead give money for those actions and this script would be applied to the medic class.

Ohhhhh I get what you are saying. I disagree though. Why should I make money for giving people blood when it costs me nothing? Medic, medics don't get infinite blood bags, so why should I get money for it when they don't? I think that only medic, medics should make money for handing them out. Leave the cop medics the way they are, if possible to have one, one way and the other, the other way. I think it would be as cops get cpl+ prestige and medic, medics don't.

@bbgreg17 If they want the money cap atleast get rid of the fucking part where they take 75% of my money when I try to pull it out. I've got 5.5m in bank and 5 in prestige, it's not that I need it it is that I earned it so why the hell can't I use it? 

and @Maric don't make a post if people can't comment on it without you getting butthurt saying "that's not the point" 

Edited by Ben Flint ッ
Just now, Ben Flint ッ said:

Maric don't make a post if people can't comment on it without you getting butthurt saying "that's not the point" 

9 hours ago, Maric said:

The purpose of these suggestions are not to add any new content or remove any existing content but rather to improve existing content.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 4:14 AM, Maric said:

Introduction:

This list is a compilation of all ideas I have that could improve Asylum. The purpose of these suggestions are not to add any new content or remove any existing content but rather to improve existing content. I will try my best to not restate any existing ideas that have been posted before but not promises. I hope that some of these ideas could be utilized as fluff in future updates and patches.

Key:

Black Items are current ideas

Green Items that are crossed out have been either implemented or fixed.

Red Items that are crossed out are ideas that were thought of but have been confirmed to not be fixable or implementable.

List of Miscellaneous Suggestions/Improvements

1. Add the ability to use the "T" key to open shops. I would intend this to work just like how it works on vehicles, but I can see the problems with a sign has multiple options such as the signs in Police HQ. Not Possible with the current design of the shops.

2. Fix the backwards words on the "Truck Fuel". You could fix this by flipping the text so it appears backwards on the texture sheet. Can't be fixed due to the fact that only a single texture is used to skin both sides of trucks.

3. Add a Oil Processor at the mineral processor that is near the federal reserve.

4. Move the Hydrogen Sulfate/Oil Field south of Donor Town up North between DP3 and DP4.

5. Change the name of "Donor Town" to "Therisa" on the respawn menu. Fixed.

6. Make it so houses can be removed from the market after they are listed by a player.

7. Make the bungalow at the original Wong's Triad Cartel purchasable. Fixed.

8. Make Hunters, the new fuel variants of vehicles, and Tarus craftable. I am willing to created balanced recipes if this is something that is wanted to be added.

9. Add more vehicle spawns in Kavala. There are only three in Kavala square and five in Athira.

10. Improve the detection of vehicles on vehicle spawns in Athira. I know that vehicle spawn four and five will allow vehicles to spawn in even if there is a vehicle on the spawn.

11. Increase the price of the Medic Van to deter medics from intentional blowing them up.

12. Add some sort of filter for vehicles that can be spawned in in garages/Industrial shed. The biggest vehicle you can pull out of a garage is a flatbed and the biggest vehicle you can pull out of an industrial shed is a HEMITT Transport. This filter would prevent players from adjacently blowing up their garages/sheds and vehicles.

13. Increase the amount of money medics receive from reviving a player. Additionally, it would be nice to retrofit the APD prestige system to allow medics to be paid for giving out blood bags, splits, and pain killers.

14. Move the Pyrgos courthouse from the church by the Bank of Altis to the church closer in town.

Link to screenshot of suggested area:  https://gyazo.com/9caf12b4836d98922f91125dea4e08e6

15. Create a formal process for players who are interested in suggesting revisions or content to the wiki.

16. Add a notification in chat that a player has been given parole and a notification if the parole has been denied.

17. Make the gang bank account viewable on cell phones.

18. Add a cooldown when a player tries to pull out multiple vehicles.

This list will continue to grow and be revised in the future.

Note: If any information is incorrect, please let me know in a constructive manner.

6. Going to be worked on

8. Will speak with bamf about these

10. every Spawn point uses the exact same spawn check. Will review however.

13. Revives will now cost 1,500, MEDICS will receive this money. As it has been when you were revived by a CIV or a COP, you were charged for the revive but only the medics would receive the cash. I'm hoping that this will increase the activity in medics. 

15. I will speak with the wiki team and see where things are at.   There is a link within the Wiki to report these issues/ suggestions 

16. Will be added

17. If this were to be a thing, anytime a person went to check their gang bank. They would ping the server for all the gang banks balances. This would have the potential to cause server lag. 

18. Will be added. A 10 second cool down will be added. 

Silver-Spy, Walt, Bherky and 2 others like this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

13. Revives will now cost 1,500, MEDICS will receive this money. As it has been when you were revived by a CIV or a COP, you were charged for the revive but only the medics would receive the cash. I'm hoping that this will increase the activity in medics. 

Perhaps next to the "accept and/or request option"  there needs to be a display of the above mentioned cost of the revive*

Edited by Sp0on
it was edited
Walt likes this
  • 2 months later...

#6 is already done - you should cross that one off the list.  

#22 is one that you should be careful what you ask for b/c I really think it should be implemented.  Currently there is functionality for the governor to manually tweak property taxes.

I don't know that we need those other vehicles craftable honestly (for #8).  

Just now, bamf said:

is one that you should be careful what you ask for b/c I really think it should be implemented.

It was obviously intended to be added, evident by the "Handyman" talent and governor property tax slider. I think it should be fully added or removed; not be left in a limbo state of half implementation. As well, is it possible to get the new armed vehicles and hunters craftable? Maybe the fuel vehicles is pushing it.

Edited by Maric
  • 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

This dosent even work on cop, you have to unlock the prowler half the time.

Did you read #29?

6 minutes ago, Nikola Tesla said:

I think pit is still faster than the new gathering system.

What I meant was to remove all the excess assets for the pit which serves no purpose now.

• 4 months later...