Cartels Auto Generating Money.

Cartel Money  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cartels auto generate money while still going straight into gang account?

With the new system where the cartel money goes straight into gang bank it no longer generates money over time. Now a lot of people wanted this, including myself, but i think we all expected the money to still generate over time like before. With the new system the only cartel worth holding to get money for your gang is drug. Arms gives really shit money and wongs only gives money when something is sold and most if not all people wait until early hours to go cap and sell scotch so as to not lose any to the cartel so its not really a money maker. I cant speak for oil rn as ive not had it so dont know the influx of money from it but regardless having 2 of the 4 cartels making somewhat decent money isnt how it should be. The generating money over time system should be brought back but make it not as much as before or the same just over a longer interval of time. 

@bamf @Gnashes

DosWolf, BioHazard, TRYHARD and 4 others like this

Me personally, I'm fine with the way it is now. If you encourage people to run drugs while you hold the drug cartel you make a metric shit ton. It reminds me of the fun I had with Asylum nearly 3 years ago. Though I believe the odds of bamf or Gnashes making a change like this are 1/10 and that is being generous but regardless, here's 2 different ideas.

1.The dirty money that auto generates is put in the fridge for manual pick up. The money that we make from people actually buying guns, processing drugs or selling scotch is directly deposited.

2.Money auto generates and the money from drugs processed/sold etc are deposited directly into the gang funds with the cost of the dirty money generated being cut in half all across the board. The reason I say that is because let's say it generates 3k/5 minutes with 100 people on, that would turn into 1.5k. Normally we will say it would be 1.5k/5 minutes with 50 players on, that now turns to 0.75k. (These are just example numbers I don't know what the equation is but you get the point.)

Edited by Steve
Kettles likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Me personally, I'm fine with the way it is now. If you encourage people to run drugs while you hold the drug cartel you make a metric shit ton. It reminds me of the fun I had with Asylum nearly 3 years ago. Though I believe the odds of bamf or Gnashes making a change like this are 1/10 and that is being generous but regardless, here's 2 different ideas.

1.The dirty money that auto generates is put in the fridge for manual pick up. The money that we make from people actually buying guns, processing drugs or selling scotch is directly deposited.

2.Money auto generates and the money from drugs processed/sold etc are deposited directly into the gang funds with the cost of the dirty money generated being cut in half all across the board. The reason I say that is because let's say it generates 3k/5 minutes with 100 people on, that would turn into 1.5k. Normally we will say it would be 1.5k/5 minutes with 50 players on, that now turns to 0.75k. (These are just example numbers I don't know what the equation is but you get the point.)

1. The direct deposit is great but all in all drug is the only money maker which is why i think some money gen is needed. Wongs is usually solo capped by someone who wants to sell, Arms gives fuck all money into the cartel now and oil i think is like %20 cut of all sales so its hit or miss on everything but drug.
  2. The money that was generated before is significantly higher than what it is now by a decent amount and that is per Bamf. Yeah you can tell people to run drugs while you on and protect them like it was back in the day but back then you had decent numbers per gang now its like 5-7 trying to protect countless others running, just not the same and we both know that. Some sort of small money generating is needed imo.
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:
  1. The direct deposit is great but all in all drug is the only money maker which is why i think some money gen is needed. Wongs is usually solo capped by someone who wants to sell, Arms gives fuck all money into the cartel now and oil i think is like %20 cut of all sales so its hit or miss on everything but drug.
  2. The money that was generated before is significantly higher than what it is now by a decent amount and that is per Bamf. Yeah you can tell people to run drugs while you on and protect them like it was back in the day but back then you had decent numbers per gang now its like 5-7 trying to protect countless others running, just not the same and we both know that. Some sort of small money generating is needed imo.

I agree to an extent. With the dynamic market, group cap, and the gang bank cap set in place the game has been changed. If it was me and I had to pick between auto generating into the fridge and straight to gang bank with no generation, I'd pick straight to gang bank.

Less ratting all around, less rebel camping, people in your gang can't rat the dirty money etc. They took away our ability to do community meth runs, and that idea in concept is what leads us here with some disliking the reversion due to other things being changed.

Kettles likes this
Just now, Steve said:

I agree to an extent. With the dynamic market, group cap, and the gang bank cap set in place the game has been changed. If it was me and I had to pick between auto generating into the fridge and straight to gang bank with no generation, I'd pick straight to gang bank.

Less ratting all around, less rebel camping, people in your gang can't rat the dirty money etc. They took away our ability to do community meth runs, and that idea in concept is what leads us here with some disliking the reversion due to other things being changed.

We can get the best of both worlds and have shit back to how it was with meth runs etc because the incentive will be there. Group cap is 16, gang bank isnt too bad at 2.5mill, if the money auto gens into cartel along with market sales etc youll have 4 gang banks full repetitively which would lead to having to split it up between the gang so paychecks will be a thing again. in the long run its a major benefit if you look at the big picture. Im just saying it in regards to all the cartels yeno because as of right now only drug gives your gang account decent money.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

We can get the best of both worlds and have shit back to how it was with meth runs etc because the incentive will be there. Group cap is 16, gang bank isnt too bad at 2.5mill, if the money auto gens into cartel along with market sales etc youll have 4 gang banks full repetitively which would lead to having to split it up between the gang so paychecks will be a  quickly Im just saying it in regards to all the cartels yeno because as of right now only drug gives your gang account decent money.

Yeah sure I mean shit I believe that a highly skilled gang should make a killing of cartels. But that would mean those with the most skill could end up with the most wealth. It seems bamf doesn't necessarily want that, hence why running meth for 6 hours gives you more then holding the cartels for 6 hours, usually. That was the case with the fridge before hand as well simply because the money had to be split to at some point most of the time.

This is also a list that needs to be changed.

• Group cap ( we need it back to 6.0 whee there was no cap where the servers were full)
  • Taru's ( All fairness as much as asylum is all minimal such as rp, gathering, and straight up BS, why have something that CIV's or Rebels never pull)
  • Rotation of Drugs ( nobody wanted this change and most of the time its in a location that nobody wants to be even thinking about doing a run, Even cops )
  • Drug dealer in Turfs ( Its to overpowered, id love this risk of taking a hemmt full of meth to the drug dealer in town and get fucking nervous - The whole point in a turf is to buy gear and fight in a location where you have some sort of bonus)
  • Removal of asylum exchange ( all fairness its something that is real buggy, pointless, and can be changed for something more simpler )
  • An exchange for useless hunter points ( 250k ? and still counting )
  • We need more daily events ( We need kavala purge back ) although it did put some stress on the server or your own pc, its something for the community to enjoy.

The list of suggestions can keep going, the more you lay things off the more people are going to leave this community.....

This is coming from a EU player where one never gets to see the day light to his houses.

Edited by Smee
Corgi, HomeTrlx and FudgeR like this

I’m not sure if someone suggested this. Just saw the topic and decided to put my suggestion

what if it generates dirty money that goes into the fridge itself (but not at the same rate it use to) but whenever someone is manually doing that task i.e running drugs  that money is automatically deposited 

This way people have the risk of going to the cartel to empty it for bonus money and it gives other gangs purpose to capture the cartel

Just now, Mayhem said:

I’m not sure if someone suggested this. Just saw the topic and decided to put my suggestion

what if it generates dirty money that goes into the fridge itself (but not at the same rate it use to) but whenever someone is manually doing that task i.e running drugs  that money is automatically deposited 

This way people have the risk of going to the cartel to empty it for bonus money and it gives other gangs purpose to capture the cartel

Even this^ like some way to get more than it is right now because its just not worth it other than drug.

Mayhem likes this

Ive noticed the majority of the people voting No are career cops, why vote no? Has no effect on you whatsoever.

I voted no because there is no inbetween. Rebels got what they had been asking for(money goes right into gang bank) and now people are still complaining about it. But I think there can be a compromise where the devs can look at the numbers and see what cartels aren’t doing well for the gangs that hold them and make those cartels auto generate money. Now I don’t think it should be the same about as it was before the change that is just absurd. But I do agree with you Sean that some catels should auto gen money. Especially wongs. I also like the idea of if the money is auto generated then it should have to be picked up from the fridge. I think that is a good compromise. 

Kate likes this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

I voted no because there is no inbetween. Rebels got what they had been asking for(money goes right into gang bank) and now people are still complaining about it. But I think there can be a compromise where the devs can look at the numbers and see what cartels aren’t doing well for the gangs that hold them and make those cartels auto generate money. Now I don’t think it should be the same about as it was before the change that is just absurd. But I do agree with you Sean that some catels should auto gen money. Especially wongs. I also like the idea of if the money is auto generated then it should have to be picked up from the fridge. I think that is a good compromise. 

Kinda back at square one now. Above all, gangs want cartels to be profitable. The devs gave us auto deposit and cut the profits in half. The whole point is to get other gangs wanting to fight for cartels because it makes your gang so much money. A single fed will add more to your gang bank than holding all 4 cartels for 12 hours. 

Just now, Akeelagi said:

I like my suggestion down low. The profit wouldn’t be as high but it would still be something that goes into the fridge

Just now, Mayhem said:

LennieTheLegend likes this
Just now, Mayhem said:

I think that system might work. I say give it a shot. BUT I don’t think that will cause people to fight catels. It will go back to the old way of camping rebel. Now I don’t know how to fix it so people fight, I don’t. But maybe this could do it :shrug: Who knows.

Kate likes this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

When we asked for money to go straight into the gang bank i think a lot including myself didnt think they would stop the auto generating of money but what @Mayhem said about some degree of money auto going into the fridge and then having market sales go to gang bank is a good compromise with the devs messing around with how much goes where etc.

When we asked for money to go straight into the gang bank i think a lot including myself didnt think they would stop the auto generating of money but what @Mayhem said about some degree of money auto going into the fridge and then having market sales go to gang bank is a good compromise with the devs messing around with how much goes where etc.

And I get that. I also think that if it did go into gang bank and auto gen money it would pretty much be handing you guys a fuck ton of money on a silver platter with almost no work attached to it due to no one fighting catels. But maybe I’m wrong and it might encourage people to fight for the catels. I don’t know 

Kate likes this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

And I get that. I also think that if it did go into gang bank and auto gen money it would pretty much be handing you guys a fuck ton of money on a silver platter with almost no work attached to it due to no one fighting catels. But maybe I’m wrong and it might encourage people to fight for the catels. I don’t know 

People will fight for the cartels if it’s worth the money they spend on loadouts/orcas/ifrits. My gang held all 4 cartels the other day all at once for about 3 hours and we made around 40k. It’s really just not worth risking stuff especially when it’s relatively expensive.

Just now, Akeelagi said:

My way of thinking about it is that if it was to work that way, people would fight to hold them because of the influx of money, the money would make players wanna play thus getting gang numbers back up, gang banks would fill and then paychecks of some sort might be a thing of the norm again like before. I understand people would be like "Ohh you giving them too much money" blah blah but rebel side weapons and vehicles especially are fairly expensive and over time loadout after loadout too so the idea of balancing it plays not much of a factor because of that but i think the fridge/straight into gang bank way might be the meet in the middle now that it was suggested @bamf Thoughts?.

Just now, Azeh said:

I disagree on this one. Not many people use it, but I find it fairly convient for buying things such as meth ingredients. Set a price and a buy amount, and eventually you can go and collect your ingredients to transport to your house. 

It needs to be revamped to suit asylum, this was a simple copy and past from a contributor, and no doubt its got a little to do with server performance. I agree totally with what you are saying.

My way of thinking about it is that if it was to work that way, people would fight to hold them because of the influx of money, the money would make players wanna play thus getting gang numbers back up, gang banks would fill and then paychecks of some sort might be a thing of the norm again like before. I understand people would be like "Ohh you giving them too much money" blah blah but rebel side weapons and vehicles especially are fairly expensive and over time loadout after loadout too so the idea of balancing it plays not much of a factor because of that but i think the fridge/straight into gang bank way might be the meet in the middle now that it was suggested @bamf Thoughts?.

I get that. but I also don't think that cartels should give an absurd amount of money. I think those rebels still need to go run drugs to make a lot of money as that is the point of the game. But yes I do agree with the idea that it wouldn't hurt and it would probably help if the cartels auto-gen money into the fridge. I don't think the auto-gen should be as high as it was before but it should definitely be in there.

Kate likes this
Just now, Donald Clinton said:

People will fight for the cartels if it’s worth the money they spend on loadouts/orcas/ifrits. My gang held all 4 cartels the other day all at once for about 3 hours and we made around 40k. It’s really just not worth risking stuff especially when it’s relatively expensive.

But during what time did your gang own the cartels? Was the server even halfway populated? Those are 2 big factors rather than just giving a "we held all  the cartels for 'x' amount of time."

When we asked for money to go straight into the gang bank i think a lot including myself didnt think they would stop the auto generating of money

We did warn you all multiple times that the trade-off for your laziness (i.e, not having to take time to check your fridge) would be that we stop spawning in money to the fridge.

Just now, Eazy.lookinass said:

he means when rebels suggested it, not when you guys puked the idea back up

Every time it was suggested, our response was something to the effect of "If we did this, we'd stop spawning in money, you wouldn't want us to do that".

They persisted and said they wanted it anyway. Here we are now.

Just now, Eazy.lookinass said:

no balls u wont

Not entirely sure we want to.

Nobody has really complained too much since then. Nowhere near as much as they complained when they wanted it the way it is now.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Not entirely sure we want to.

Nobody has really complained too much since then. Nowhere near as much as they complained when they wanted it the way it is now.

i said

n o  b a l l s

jk, i am unsure how much money is actually generated and how much people get now, tbh, i kinda liked the risk of gettin dirty money, buuuttt i also hated having to put it in gang bank and not my own.

Edited by Eazy.lookinass