Cartels Auto Generating Money.

Cartel Money  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cartels auto generate money while still going straight into gang account?

Just now, Gnashes said:

Not entirely sure we want to.

Nobody has really complained too much since then. Nowhere near as much as they complained when they wanted it the way it is now.

What if, you made it so money auto generated into the gang bank but you had to collect the "tax" from arms

You still have to collect money generated by players BUT money is also generated by the server which goes into gang bank

Edited by Eazy.lookinass
Just now, Eazy.lookinass said:

What if, you made it so money auto generated into the gang bank but you had to collect the "tax" from arms

Example:

You still have to collect money generated by players BUT money is also generated by the server which goes into gang bank

Why the hell would we make the spawned money auto-deposit in that scenario?

Just now, Gnashes said:

The community asked for auto-deposit back. We said we would, but we'd remove the server-generation of money into the fridge since the risk of being killed collecting it was going away.

The community said they still wanted it, so we did it. Now here we are.

A lot asked for it this way but i think some thought it would still generate or would be like it was before when it would auto generate back in the day but right now as it stands its pretty useless to hold anything but drug. You can be as sarcastic as you want with people complaining about it or asking for a change to something they asked for so much but something needs to be changed.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Just now, Azeh said:

Just now, Gnashes said:

The community asked for auto-deposit back. We said we would, but we'd remove the server-generation of money into the fridge since the risk of being killed collecting it was going away.

The community said they still wanted it, so we did it. Now here we are.

I question development decisions often. 

You have too

Truth be told it's slower then it was no doubt. We started encouraging people to run meth and on a few occasions now we have saved them from cops. It doesn't make as much as it did before you are right about that, but think about how much people were running drugs pre 6.0 compared to now. Every new player is in kavala with his head up his ass. Encourage people to leave kavala and continue the cycle of new players sticking around.

HotWings and jeans like this

If I remember correctly, the cartels auto generated about 1200 every 5 minutes.  So over the server session, that's about 43,000 auto-generated cash per cartel.  

BUT, as said, people were BEGGING for auto-deposit, so why are we crying now that people got what they asked for?

I always thought auto-deposit was a shit idea because I let people in my gang keep a portion of the money pickups for taking the risk.

But, at the end of the day, I'm not much of a gang life person anymore, so this isn't my fight...

7 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

With the new system where the cartel money goes straight into gang bank it no longer generates money over time. Now a lot of people wanted this, including myself, but i think we all expected the money to still generate over time like before. With the new system the only cartel worth holding to get money for your gang is drug. Arms gives really shit money and wongs only gives money when something is sold and most if not all people wait until early hours to go cap and sell scotch so as to not lose any to the cartel so its not really a money maker. I cant speak for oil rn as ive not had it so dont know the influx of money from it but regardless having 2 of the 4 cartels making somewhat decent money isnt how it should be. The generating money over time system should be brought back but make it not as much as before or the same just over a longer interval of time. 

@bamf @Gnashes

They told you a million times before they changed it that they would remove the auto generated money and you still bagged for it....

Make it so Player based money (drugs and buying guns) goes into gang atm, then auto-generated money goes into frige, so you have a reason to fight (money in frige) but you dont need to go to the cartel for money. but if you want that extra cash you ca right now oil makes 1-3k per restart

TLDR

Proceesed drug, guns etc.. goes into gang atm

Auto-Generated money goes into frige

Edited by Nicolas March
Just now, Nicolas March said:

Make it so Player based money (drugs and buying guns) goes into gang atm, then auto-generated money goes into frige, so you have a reason to fight (money in frige) but you dont need to go to the cartel for money. but if you want that extra cash you ca right now oil makes 1-3k per restart

TLDR

Proceesed drug, guns etc.. goes into gang atm

Auto-Generated money goes into frige

That's essentially one of the ideas I had. @Gnashes Would this be reasonably possible to script in?

Just now, Steve said:

You get to fight cops in doing so. It's pretty fun tbh. Fighting Cartels is not the only enjoyable thing to do on Asylum in my opinion.

I never said it was

”i want to fight cartels and have fun”

i will be the first to tel anyone cartels are definitely not the funnest things to do on asylum, mainly cause they are complete shit now as the only way to profit off them is to babysit some retards while they afk for 40 minutes

fighting cops is also not fun

not when they just rush back in endless waves lethaling as they please

Edited by Eazy.lookinass

I never said it was

”i want to fight cartels and have fun”

i will be the first to tel anyone cartels are definitely not the funnest things to do on asylum, mainly cause they are complete shit now as the only way to profit off them is to babysit some retards while they afk for 40 minutes

fighting cops is also not fun

not when they just rush back in endless waves lethaling as they please

I prefer to fight cops over gangs most of the time. The past year of my experience on Asylum fighting cops is so much more fun because of how consistent the combat is.

Well it’s a lot better than doing a meth run and not having to fight cops or rebels. If that is the case then your making pointless money that you are not going to use on gear to fight

I mean if you guys just added back a bit of auto generate, 100k an hour or something what is honestly fucking hurting? Why is stuff always such a minimal amount is it such a big deal for civs to make money? God forbid people to have extra cash and have fun on a game.

god forbid the server be like it was pre 6.0..."It was too op people had too much money..." if i do recall that's when the server was the best and had the most players

Or something along the lines of

Arms Cartel Capped - Even cheaper weaponry

Drug Cartel Capped - Extra payout from drugs as well as no cut

Wongs - Scotch has extra payout as well as no cut

X Gang held cartel for 1 hour 23 minutes, , 123k a restart , gang holds cartel all day = everyone is happy...i guarantee if there was some kind of money per minute and rewarded you for keeping the cartel capped as well as paying for the drugs ran we wouldn't be having this conversation..it always seems nothing ever pays enough, the devs think everything is fine, admins want to speak up but it wont matter, players always feel nothing pays enough, im sorry but if you keep getting the same complaints about something/someone it is most likely true

OR just make it like the above on WEEKENDS ONLY just to test it out, that's called a compromise guys, admins/devs get their way 5 days a week, and the civs get their way on the weekends...it really isn't hard to appease the community guys this isn't rocket science, well i guess for gnashes it is, nothing he doesnt come up with won't be implemented, he hates every idea suggested, he seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed permanently

do you ever hear people complaining about payouts on the other server everyone seems to be favoring lately? nope

Edited by JAY1HP
Maaqs, Frizzy, BioHazard and 2 others like this
Just now, JAY1HP said:

I mean if you guys just added back a bit of auto generate, 100k an hour or something what is honestly fucking hurting? Why is stuff always such a minimal amount is it such a big deal for civs to make money? God forbid people to have extra cash and have fun on a game.

god forbid the server be like it was pre 6.0..."It was too op people had too much money..." if i do recall that's when the server was the best and had the most players

X Gang held cartel for 1 hour 23 minutes, , 123k a restart , gang holds cartel all day = everyone is happy...i guarantee if there was some kind of money per minute and rewarded you for keeping the cartel capped as well as paying for the drugs ran we wouldn't be having this conversation..it always seems nothing ever pays enough, the devs think everything is fine, admins want to speak up but it wont matter, players always feel nothing pays enough, im sorry but if you keep getting the same complaints about something/someone it is most likely true

OR just make it like the above on WEEKENDS ONLY just to test it out, that's called a compromise guys, admins/devs get their way 5 days a week, and the civs get their way on the weekends...it really isn't hard to appease the community guys this isn't rocket science, well i guess for gnashes it is, nothing he doesnt come up with won't be implemented, he hates every idea suggested, he seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed permanently

do you ever hear people complaining about payouts on the other server everyone seems to be favoring lately? nope

so true, all of this. devs are getting stingy about money making and not thinking about fun for the players

Gagss and Frizzy like this
Just now, JAY1HP said:

This is the smartest shit I ever heard tbh.  Think about it this way, if you get an incentive for holding a cartel it motivates gangs to fights (i.e. brings gang life back in a sense). See I understand that the admins and devs want new people to make their money (legal activities) but does that mean that higher class gang warlords should have to deal with making low amounts? No.  Lets make this an office reference okay.  See you have Jim (day-to-day Ops,or the new guy money, legal activities) and then you have Micheal (big picture, warlords, illegal activities) and I feel it works to were new guys make their amount of money they need and then are able to move up. So to conclude

1) NEED GANG INCENTIVE (to keep people fighting capping etc)

2) We can have a line between new guys and experienced when it comes to making money.  

3) feel free to fill other ideas THEY ARE NEEDED

Donald and JAY1HP like this
  • 1 month later...
On 2/6/2018 at 5:37 PM, Sean That Irish Guy said:

A lot asked for it this way but i think some thought it would still generate or would be like it was before when it would auto generate back in the day but right now as it stands its pretty useless to hold anything but drug. You can be as sarcastic as you want with people complaining about it or asking for a change to something they asked for so much but something needs to be changed.

So before the fridge at cartels the money went straight to gang bank AND was auto generated?

Just now, Azeh said:

81ada2247b62e1c51e8a96f04460b36e.png

89dde699a2a20ee51954eeb16b4debad.png

I realized It sounds weird the way that it is worded but auto generation I'm nearly 100 percent sure became a thing within the last year and a half. Before 6.0 it was auto deposit like everyone says (without auto generation.) Then 6.0 came along it was just drugs that were put into the fridge from when people ran them then you had to sell them your self but the drugs were not auto generated, then it became dirty money that was auto generated. And now we have the auto deposit method back in place.

Edited by Steve
Azeh likes this