Server's Bandwidth

So ive been noticing when server 4 gets laggy and desync'ish i look at players bandwidth an ping..Most times peoples BW is normal under 1k an when things start to shit its above 10k or even 15k an that person shortly after gets kicked or has the losing connection an then gets disconnected.

Would it be possible to look into this?

Could it be a thing where we could get more bandwidth for asylum servers?

Don't be dicks just trying to start a conversation about it.

Just now, Blocker said:

Server 4 is just a bad server, have you tried the other servers? @DankBud

yea we moved to 3 a while back,then they did the dynamic servers an we moved back to 4 since 3 wasn't gonna be as much at the time...

Just now, bamf said:

Arma typically only uses 20-30 Mbps of the 1Gbps that each server has access to.  

I dont know much on that end,if at all anything....Was i even on the right track at all?

Just now, Azeh said:

All 4 servers have a 1 Gbps connection each, but AFAIK Arma utilizes nowhere near all of it.

what would cause the spike in the lag? game side/file or server side or just alot going on at once?...@Bamf same question

Reason i brought this up is because i saw a a video (that i cant find for w/e reason) an they mentioned about sitting on there server an kicking people with high bandwidth an reason behind that was it would cause massive lag/lag spike and sometimes the BE kicks....Or is that just not right?

Just now, Azeh said:

Well, what I personally think is the reason for BE kicks is low server fps. 
Here's a graph of S1's server fps over 3.5 hours and I'm guessing the server was full or near full. As you can see, it's below 20 for almost the entire 3.5 hours, and 20 should be the absolute minimum. It's hovering around 10 for the majority of the time which is even worse, and going as low as maybe 3-4 at worst. When it hits 0 or 1, I believe that's when it starts kicking people which results in it recovering again. 

To compare, here you can see Olympus servers' fps: #1 - #2 - #3.
With almost full servers, they're all at 47 (which is really good, max server fps is capped to 50)

Having talked to one of the people at Bohemia quite a bit, this is some of what he has said:
Dwarden
any side (server or client) if it's below 20 fps then unforseen consequences start to happen, the longer that timeframe is the worse the outcome so the very low FPS has negative impact, just not in corelation to low FPS on the other side in way people thing, it's the negative effects causing those low FPS e.g. CPU cycles wasted at time to discard outdated messages or trying predict and compansate and so on

Dwarden  
well if server FPS goes below 20 then as i explained many times before, unforseen consequences if server FPS goes drastic low (below 10 or hell 5) then no wonder it all goes in flames

That makes sense.

So if the server sits at that low fps most times,What does it mean when people are running better frames (40-60) at all times,or don't matter?

Would that not make other people almost teleport ish to the other person trying to shoot them,or that ping related.?

Server 4 has been running alot better then before we moved,The BE kicks have been little,but the red chains,random no message received seem to happen more..(my guess is Ddos) as far as the red chains an the random no message received.. 

Just trying to get a better understanding..

Just now, DankBud said:

That makes sense.

So if the server sits at that low fps most times,What does it mean when people are running better frames (40-60) at all times,or don't matter?

Would that not make other people almost teleport ish to the other person trying to shoot them,or that ping related.?

Server 4 has been running alot better then before we moved,The BE kicks have been little,but the red chains,random no message received seem to happen more..(my guess is Ddos) as far as the red chains an the random no message received.. 

Just trying to get a better understanding..

The way you think FPS is like game wise "frames per second". The FPS referred to here is basically the same as TPS (ticks per second). If the server is unable to perform at a high FPS and a lot of requests are coming in then there's a clog basically. And obviously if there's a clog shit fucks up and server can crash or de-sync until the clog is fixed. But, as you said yes terrible latency and poor performance would be an outcome of low server fps.

Edited by Tyler