So as many of you know the latest update made oil a little more appealing to certain people ( Mainly the new and/or poor people ) I think that it should focus on everyone who is involved with this oil rig meaning also the rebels doing the cartels and the new people trying to make a living, But i don't think it has both sides even right now. 

With that in mind i decided to work on an Oil Rig myself. I focused on looks and accessibility and on combat aspects in the rig itself. I have had a few people test it and they liked it, i refined and tuned it into their liking's but the most important thing i feel is that you guys feel good with this. So i made a very little video showcasing it and i took a few screenshots for you guys to look at. If you want a closer look at it contact me and we'll get in a server and have a look ( I really encourage you guys to do this cause it gives you a better feel for it ).

Here are a few things to note:

1. The current oil rig has 288 objects, The one i build has 308. ( These are ALL Objects in the builds ) 
2. You have 5 ways to get on the oil rig that is not by air, These are the main stairs besides the docks and each pillar the rig rests on is a way up.
3. It has 3 ( maybe more depending on what chopper and how good of a pilot you are ) spots to land on the rig.
4. Lots of places to fight from and shoot at other area's in the rig.
5. In my opinion it looks allot better than the current Oil Rig. Meaning it appeals more to the new civilian trying to make a living.

Pictures

https://imgur.com/a/1RzY4

VIDEO

This is just a build and an opinion nothing is gonna change most likely but i do want you guys' opinion on it.

Digo, AlboGravity, Blocker and 25 others like this
Just now, eRr0r : n0 UnIT said:

+1 I like the interior of the the rig, but doesn't fit in asylum. It looks like a cqc deathmatch map. 

What would you think would fit? Its used for a cartel too so in my thought it should be a type of death match map

Just now, Silver-Spy said:

Looks really nice but there is too many places inside where you can hide from the looks of it.Not sure if someone can hotdrop with an orca anywhere but a nice build.

There are places you can go but they're really obvious there aren't allot of spots you can actually hide from people without them knowing within a minute or two

Silver-Spy and Walt like this
Just now, bbgreg17 said:

Looks like a real oil rig, nicely done.

Personally as a carrier cop I don't care much for the cartel side, so as long as you made it easy to walk across unlike the current one...

+1

Well for one its as smooth as a baby's buttocks to walk across.

But yeah when i tried to get ONTO the oil rig today i had problems with it and this happend.

https://gyazo.com/6b1ce1bbcccd705afca8328cb814c7f7

Walt, lukee, BlackShot and 1 other like this
Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Ya I remember this from when I used to play civ with a friend before joining the APD. I think I was killed by the rig itself more times then by players robbing me.

Something I just though of, how far is the distance from the miner to the docks? Is it the same as the current one?

Bherky and Walt like this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Any non essential props that can be removed? Not a fan of the increase in prop count.

Its 20 more objects that are all simple objects so they influence almost nothing, If i removed the helipad alone it would be less objects than the current oil rig.

Just now, bbgreg17 said:

Ya I remember this from when I used to play civ with a friend before joining the APD. I think I was killed by the rig itself more times then by players robbing me.

Something I just though of, how far is the distance from the miner to the docks? Is it the same as the current one?

I build it in Kavala actually cause the terrain over the ocean was more even but now its build you can move it anywhere you like.

bbgreg17 likes this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

No body will fight this because its too clustered and a bit of an eye sore. You dont have any idea about the way people fight on Asylum from the way you design things.

Just now, Eazy.lookinass said:

^

I'm aware i never really got into the whole gang thing, So that's why i'm asking for everyone's feedback, The feedback i got was positive but obviously you have some complaints mind sharing those?

I'm aware i never really got into the whole gang thing, So that's why i'm asking for everyone's feedback, The feedback i got was positive but obviously you have some complaints mind sharing those?

if im honest, making an oil rig cartel off shore which is only accessible by helicopters is complete cancer.

the money spent getting there isnt worth capping the cartel.

Just now, Eazy.lookinass said:

if im honest, making an oil rig cartel off shore which is only accessible by helicopters is complete cancer.

the money spent getting there isnt worth capping the cartel.

But its not only accessible by helicopter? 

2. You have 5 ways to get on the oil rig that is not by air, These are the main stairs besides the docks and each pillar the rig rests on is a way up.

Its too clustered and there is too much shit there that isnt needed. Make it look simple and not over the top with a bunch of unneeded shit. The rig thats there now although not perfect is basic and doesnt have a bunch of narrow walkways etc. The one you made is just asking for people to exploit into something and hide while capping and it looks like a glitchy deathtrap.

But its not only accessible by helicopter? 

oh sorry

you can drive a fucking boat as well

Theres two ways of getting to the rig

By boat - complete cancer, takes forever, anyone with a finger could kill everyone on it while it drives up.

Helicopter - Hummingburd - takes like 1 shot to shoot the thing out

orca - you will land and get shot as you get out, isnt worth the 100k to cap a cartel that doesnt give much in return

@TheCrestedPenguin The cartel we have now isnt fought because people dont like fighting something on water because of way Eazy said above but bamf and that want it there and they havent had a reason to remove it. As it stands the oil rig is used for oil barrel production and can also be a cartel so id suggest trying to make something on land at a location that is already somewhat built and doesnt need too much fortification or objects so the rig thats in game now can be used just for oil production and a then have a separate location for the cartel that is new.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

@TheCrestedPenguin The cartel we have now isnt fought because people dont like fighting something on water because of way Eazy said above but bamf and that want it there and they havent had a reason to remove it. As it stands the oil rig is used for oil barrel production and can also be a cartel so id suggest trying to make something on land at a location that is already somewhat built and doesnt need too much fortification or objects so the rig thats in game now can be used just for oil production and a then have a separate location for the cartel that is new.

That's something i can work with, Give me a bit and i'll update you on what i got you might actually like this if it comes out the way i'm thinking. 

Well for one its as smooth as a baby's buttocks to walk across.

But yeah when i tried to get ONTO the oil rig today i had problems with it and this happend.

https://gyazo.com/6b1ce1bbcccd705afca8328cb814c7f7

Before the oil rig was moved, that was an issue with every ladder except for the boatdock ladders. (Haven't been to new oil rig so I can't attest to current conditions)

6 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

So as many of you know the latest update made oil a little more appealing to certain people ( Mainly the new and/or poor people ) I think that it should focus on everyone who is involved with this oil rig meaning also the rebels doing the cartels and the new people trying to make a living, But i don't think it has both sides even right now. 

With that in mind i decided to work on an Oil Rig myself. I focused on looks and accessibility and on combat aspects in the rig itself. I have had a few people test it and they liked it, i refined and tuned it into their liking's but the most important thing i feel is that you guys feel good with this. So i made a very little video showcasing it and i took a few screenshots for you guys to look at. If you want a closer look at it contact me and we'll get in a server and have a look ( I really encourage you guys to do this cause it gives you a better feel for it ).

Here are a few things to note:

1. The current oil rig has 288 objects, The one i build has 308. ( These are ALL Objects in the builds ) 
3. It has 3 ( maybe more depending on what chopper and how good of a pilot you are ) spots to land on the rig.
4. Lots of places to fight from and shoot at other area's in the rig.
5. In my opinion it looks allot better than the current Oil Rig. Meaning it appeals more to the new civilian trying to make a living.

Pictures

https://imgur.com/a/1RzY4

VIDEO

This is just a build and an opinion nothing is gonna change most likely but i do want you guys' opinion on it.

Looks really nice and I would love to have this so +10000 I just want to know how good fighting at this oil rig is