Delivery Missions?

Agent_Smith

So I hate starting a new thread as a new player...but...I am going to anyway. 

Are delivery missions a worthwhile way of making legal money? I messed around with it when I first started playing Altis Life and made what I thought at the time was good money....but looking back, I am not so sure. so my question is, would grabbing a big truck and doing the larger delivery missions give me a good enough return if I have to drive across the map? Or is there a better way to spend my time?

I have noticed that the returns for salvage diving are pretty good, but I get bored and want to try other things too. 

Edited by Agent_Smith
>k1w1z< likes this
11 minutes ago, Agent_Smith said:

but I get bored and want to try other things too. 

I'd say start going toward the Illegal way, and if you do not wish to do so you can try some of the other legal stuff such as Oil, fishing etc.

If you do choose to go the illegal way, best way to go would be Weed>Heroin>Cocaine>Meth 
Or if you find a group of friends who can guide you through, just run meth.

Good luck.

Just now, Zoex said:

I'd say start going toward the Illegal way, and if you do not wish to do so you can try some of the other legal stuff such as Oil, fishing etc.

If you do choose to go the illegal way, best way to go would be Weed>Heroin>Cocaine>Meth 
Or if you find a group of friends who can guide you through, just run meth.

Good luck.

See, I have done some of that but I am guessing my luck has been terrible. It feels like the police are always rolling up on me just as I am loading a vehicle....So I decided to at least build a nest egg legally until I can afford to pay fines for possession if it comes down to it. I guess I am still learning how to out fox the police. 

Just now, Agent_Smith said:

See, I have done some of that but I am guessing my luck has been terrible. It feels like the police are always rolling up on me just as I am loading a vehicle....So I decided to at least build a nest egg legally until I can afford to pay fines for possession if it comes down to it. I guess I am still learning how to out fox the police. 

They respect civilians so they usually search it every 20 minutes, provide good roleplay and bring up good excuses, and you'll probably end up with a reduced ticket/parole.

If that is too much for you, just grab a little 1000 hatchback and run the drugs in it, It will might take you longer/you'll might get robbed but hey you lost a little amount of money in compare to the amount you could lose.

Building basic funding however is not that bad of an idea, just make sure you do not hold yourself back too much nor go straight up to the big boys game.

THR4SH3R likes this
On 2/17/2016 at 6:08 PM, Demonic said:

I believe you can.

A friend and I did it last night. The payout was less than I thought it would be though....went from dp21 to dp1 and it paid 7k. Easy money but considering the cost of an Orca it seemed kind of low. (I was told to do parcel air deliveries though by Rodrigo.) 

Question about that though....do you have to land to be able to "deliver package"? 

1 hour ago, Agent_Smith said:

A friend and I did it last night. The payout was less than I thought it would be though....went from dp21 to dp1 and it paid 7k. Easy money but considering the cost of an Orca it seemed kind of low. (I was told to do parcel air deliveries though by Rodrigo.) 

Question about that though....do you have to land to be able to "deliver package"? 

Parcel is much easier, smaller crate, cheaper heli to use :) And yes u can scroll wheel on the sign and deliver the mission without landing, some dps its a bit hard to do it. But eventually you learn the good spots to hover over the sign.

Zoex likes this
  • 2 years later...
On 2/19/2016 at 11:06 AM, Rodrigo said:

Parcel is much easier, smaller crate, cheaper heli to use :) And yes u can scroll wheel on the sign and deliver the mission without landing, some dps its a bit hard to do it. But eventually you learn the good spots to hover over the sign.

Hey!  I know I am like almost 3 years late to this post, but when I just want casual play time, I do delivery missions with my Hummingbird because it's soothing for me, plus I can watch Netflix or whatever on my second screen.

Anyway.  My question and concern is, I think the delivery missions are currently bugged out because ever so often, I receive a delivery mission on the bottom left-hand corner of the map.  Like, ALL the way down there hahaha.  I actually flew there once (took a bit) and saw nothing.  I perhaps thought MAYBE there was a troll sign haha, like a "Rare Delivery" etc.  I am wondering if this *bug* is being looked into and planned to be squashed.

Thanks! :)

Edit: The marker that shows in the bottom left-hand corner of the map is literally the corner over the water.  Just adding that detail.  Usually a Data Sync and soft log helps reset this, but I believe it could be fixed...

Edited by Cpt. Avatus