3 years for this...

Just now, Azeh said:

What blows my mind. Is how this will actually work... 
It works on Arma because we have essentially a bunch of different servers available to players. Those servers then have their own rules and guidelines for their gamemodes. So if you fuck up and get banned on one you can just try another, or continue to play single player, etc.

So now this at least from my understanding upon release will have all "Identity" owned servers. Now remember, this is a STANDALONE game. So what if you break a rule or just shoot up the guys in the RV instead of "initiating" you're just gonna get banned from the $40 standalone game? Like wut? Life servers only work because there is a rules/guidelines for proper gameplay of that mode. There is no way you can do enough code to make the gameplay not just turn into GTA single player....

Maybe I'm wrong about the above. However, this is gonna just turn into GTA. In the event "Identity" will have rules, etc. Lots of people will be banned. Because who the fuck wants to buy a STANDALONE game to have to go to a website, read rules, then do all this shit. Just to not get banned on a game you just paid $40 for. The concept just doesn't make sense and how others aren't asking this question is beyond me.

Edited by Jesse
Steve, Shepurd, Good Lub and 3 others like this
1 hour ago, Jesse said:

It works on Arma because we have essentially a bunch of different servers available to players. Those servers then have their own rules and guidelines for their gamemodes. So if you fuck up and get banned on one you can just try another, or continue to play single player, etc.

So now this at least from my understanding upon release will have all "Identity" owned servers. Now remember, this is a STANDALONE game. So what if you break a rule or just shoot up the guys in the RV instead of "initiating" you're just gonna get banned from the $40 standalone game? Like wut? Life servers only work because there is a rules/guidelines for proper gameplay of that mode. There is no way you can do enough code to make the gameplay not just turn into GTA single player....

Maybe I'm wrong about the above. However, this is gonna just turn into GTA. In the event "Identity" will have rules, etc. Lots of people will be banned. Because who the fuck wants to buy a STANDALONE game to have to go to a website, read rules, then do all this shit. Just to not get banned on a game you just paid $40 for. The concept just doesn't make sense and how others aren't asking this question is beyond me.

Just gotta say something cause theres lots of misinformation going around.

From my understanding, Identity will have official servers with their own rules and such from the devs and there will be private servers just like Arma..

So if you break rules on the official servers, you wont be banned on the private servers...

Just now, Reapered said:

Just gotta say something cause theres lots of misinformation going around.

From my understanding, Identity will have official servers with their own rules and such from the devs and there will be private servers just like Arma..

So if you break rules on the official servers, you wont be banned on the private servers...

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

What I am interested in is from what I understand Paratus has plans for each server to have a completely dynamic market with an economy driven by the players. I don't think this will work, I think you will have too many people who want to criminals and not enough people who want live a legal life style. How can that be be balanced? It at that point turns into cops and robbers. How can you have a player driven economy with 300 people max on each server? As cool as identity sounds in concept to some, I think you would need thousands of players on each server for a truly player driven economy to work, and not being a criminal would need other incentives other then not going to jail. I do not believe you will have all that many people who want to press T-shirts or drive a semi truck around literally all day for chump change comparatively to any guy cooking meth, it would get old fast.