Siege Montage #1

11 hours ago, Eazy.lookinass said:

Couldnt watch because of that fucking song

orignality

is

key

:shrug: gotta remember i'm not big into the arma thing because i'm fucking terrible at shooting anything longer than 300meters. montages aren't my expertise.

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

you joined a channel and told me to like this

lucky i'm legitimately concerned for your intellectual well being, two different people posted on this exact thread and you're convinced one of them is me

look for the sergeant tags to make it easy?

un fucking believeable lucky

Buck likes this
1 hour ago, BishopActual said:

:shrug: gotta remember i'm not big into the arma thing because i'm fucking terrible at shooting anything longer than 300meters. montages aren't my expertise.

lucky i'm legitimately concerned for your intellectual well being, two different people posted on this exact thread and you're convinced one of them is me

look for the sergeant tags to make it easy?

un fucking believeable lucky

Im not talkin about your shooting you bean

i didnt get past ten seconds because you used the most cancer song ever for a montage

Just now, BishopActual said:

i liked it but i can see how one could not.

give me tips man, i'm not a pussy about criticisms 

Imo, the first thing about making a montage is using a song that suits you (while keeping it somewhat original), dont use a song you wouldn’t listen to unless you’re using it for a montage (I made that mistake when i made my 2nd montage in Tenacity).

I personally, believe that you could have the shitest kills in the world, but you could still have a really good montage if you edit it right, its little things like keeping your montage in sync with you clips etc. I make montages all the time ( but i release very few, as they are for editing training etc) 

This was my most recent (but pretty bad attempt) at getting back into editing:

my most pleasing montage I ever made (editing wise) was this one:

But if you want to properly get good at editing, I advise watching these guys’ montages @McLovin' @AndrewFam 2.0 @Haych

Another piece of advice going in to making a montage; try your best not just to “Alt F10” (record) every clip you get and put it straight into the montage, I advise you just record 100% of the time for a while, then try edit from what you have, from there you can see what kills you lack in (double kills, multi kills, 1 taps etc)

andrewfam x, Haych and Roice like this
2 hours ago, BishopActual said:

i liked it but i can see how one could not.

give me tips man, i'm not a pussy about criticisms 

My montages never had the kills you'd see in say Tigers or Ranga's, but I always stacked thousands of views because of my editing. Here are some tips for a 1010 montage.

- No Solo kills unless it was nutty or funny
- A song that works and isn't overused on the forums. I've used Rap, Rock, Chill, all sorts of music and it works as long as people enjoy it. Fit the music to the style of montage you're going for, as long as its not cancer and you edit it around it, people will enjoy it.
- Sped up clips (This is no secret, many montages out there are slightly sped up to make the kills look good. I personally speed up clips on montages that had high tempo songs) Think @pete's Montages, high tempo, fast flicks, everyone thought he was hacking at one point.
- Use good cop kills as fillers, not shit clips at Cartels or Turfs.
- Sync kills/shots with the song. The MK18 sound synced with the music is pretty sick.
- If the game is graphically beautiful like Arma, I personally use black bars to give some shots that nice cinematic look,  I just prefer the widescreen ratio.
- Always 60fps (24fps for Cinematic videos)

You don't even need to be amazing at editing for a good montage, as long as the song is good, clips are good and the editing is clean, people would enjoy it, take a look at some of @Bikstok's, @AndrewFam 2.0 or @Eli's montages as a example for clean editing and good music.

If you want to be extra with editing and go the extra mile, than go through mine or @McLovin''s montages.

Most of these tips apply to Arma montages, but they can be applied to any game or real life video.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:39 AM, Haych said:

My montages never had the kills you'd see in say Tigers or Ranga's, but I always stacked thousands of views because of my editing. Here are some tips for a 1010 montage.

- No Solo kills unless it was nutty or funny
- A song that works and isn't overused on the forums. I've used Rap, Rock, Chill, all sorts of music and it works as long as people enjoy it. Fit the music to the style of montage you're going for, as long as its not cancer and you edit it around it, people will enjoy it.
- Sped up clips (This is no secret, many montages out there are slightly sped up to make the kills look good. I personally speed up clips on montages that had high tempo songs) Think @pete's Montages, high tempo, fast flicks, everyone thought he was hacking at one point.
- Use good cop kills as fillers, not shit clips at Cartels or Turfs.
- Sync kills/shots with the song. The MK18 sound synced with the music is pretty sick.
- If the game is graphically beautiful like Arma, I personally use black bars to give some shots that nice cinematic look,  I just prefer the widescreen ratio.
- Always 60fps (24fps for Cinematic videos)

You don't even need to be amazing at editing for a good montage, as long as the song is good, clips are good and the editing is clean, people would enjoy it, take a look at some of @Bikstok's, @AndrewFam 2.0 or @Eli's montages as a example for clean editing and good music.

If you want to be extra with editing and go the extra mile, than go through mine or @McLovin''s montages.

Most of these tips apply to Arma montages, but they can be applied to any game or real life video.

I had a little bit of footage to work with. But I appreciate the effort, I'm getting footage for another one over the course of a week or two.