radioactive-clipart-biohazard-19.jpg

Uranium Mining/Processing [Suggestion]

Uranium mining was an idea that i got and after giving it some thought and getting some feedback and their own suggestions i decided to make this thread.So before you say anything just give it a read and if you don't like lemme know why.

First off why should another activity to make money be added in the first place?.Well this should be different that other activities currently available to make money ingame.The way it will be different is because it will involve 2 people to be involved in the whole process.It is also going to be different from other legal/illegal activities because mining Uranium would be legal but processing it would be illegal.A different way of looking at money making process.

This is the process i have in mind

Step 1 : Mine Uranium [each weigh about 3 in your inventory]

Step 2 :Bring it to Uranium processing {Illegal}

Step 3:One person should be standing on a certain spot which is mainly to show that he is controlling the temperature of the processing..[ From coding aspect i dont think its going to be that hard to select an area with radius 5m.

Step 4: Sell it to commodities trader/Black Market/Drug dealer?

Payout [Base price of Uranium=600/Uranium Ore is worthless ]

If you do Uranium mining in a Box Truck you would end up with ~70k.Giving you and your friend ~34.8k each

If you do it in Hemit Box you would end up with ~200k.Giving you and your friend 100k each

A Box of Meth would give you around ~90k without drug

A Hemit Box would give you ~280k

But remember this Uranium mining is not a one man show and requires 2 people so it will not going to break the economy.

Conclusion

Just another suggestion of making money and encouraging players to do something different.I am open to any feedback good or bad

.Prices can be changed and this is just a suggestion so no flame me plox

Suggested by@wollie35 and me myself

https://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/172-tutorial-uranium-mine-44/

Thanks to @JAY1HP

Edited by Silver-Spy
Innate, ^Connor_K, bunni and 18 others like this
Just now, Danne said:

The idea about having to be 2 people minimum is a good change for starters, maybe doesnt have to be Uranium but the idea appeals.

thx, ye we were talking about it and we figured its all the same gather > process. Being forced to do it with 2 people makes u team up with randoms (if ur a solo) and hopefully a bit more unique. 

Also : Our idea was (i hope i speak for you too silver) about bringing zaros into play

if anyone has an idea spit it out 

Edited by wollie35
Silver-Spy, Danne and {Miller} like this
Just now, Blocker said:

A uranium Mining suit would be cool as well, if you don’t have it then you take damage in the radiation field.

Silver actually brought this idea up (scientist outfit), i thought it would make things to advanced, but he i haven't fucked around with sqf alot, so idk. (i would be able to learn how to write SQF tho, it seems like a more shit version of C#) :D 

Edited by wollie35
Just now, childish gambino said:

Great idea but I would be worried about people scamming their friends and then their freindship is no more, not a big deal though, and one of my favorite fallout 4 songs 

If they’re scamming each other I wouldn’t consider them friends in the first place 

Edited by Donald Clinton
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

I like the idea personally.  I would only like to see one change made being uranium ore value.  Instead of worthless it would be nice to see some point of gathering it from a legal point.  Maybe a much lower value than Uranium.  Thoughts?  P.S  If the Uranium is illegal I don't think it should be sold at commodities but maybe the ore if it had a value.

Edited by Wop
Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, childish gambino said:

Great idea but I would be worried about people scamming their friends and then their freindship is no more, not a big deal though, and one of my favorite fallout 4 songs 

Well that would be a possible situation which in my opinion is nice.  Brings that extra element to the game of being betrayed.

Just now, Wop said:

I like the idea personally.  I would only like to see one change made being uranium ore value.  Instead of worthless it would be nice to see some point of gathering it from a legal point.  Maybe a much lower value than Uranium.  Thoughts?  P.S  If the Uranium is illegal I don't think it should be sold at commodities but maybe the ore if it had a value.

I am not gonna go in the worthless ore, cause i haven't put my thought onto it.

My favourite idea is the black market, since obviously Uranium is (often) associated for nuclear weaponry, and does (imo) fit the black market very well.

Edited by wollie35
.Casper, DJB and Silver-Spy like this
Just now, wollie35 said:

I am not gonna go in the worthless ore, cause i haven't put my thought onto it.

My favourite idea is the black market, since obviously Uranium is (often) associated for nuclear weaponry, and does (imo) fit the black market very well.

I agree personally on black market.  

1 hour ago, Silver-Spy said:

radioactive-clipart-biohazard-19.jpg

Uranium Mining/Processing [Suggestion]

Uranium mining was an idea that i got and after giving it some thought and getting some feedback and their own suggestions i decided to make this thread.So before you say anything just give it a read and if you don't like lemme know why.

First off why should another activity to make money be added in the first place?.Well this should be different that other activities currently available to make money ingame.The way it will be different is because it will involve 2 people to be involved in the whole process.It is also going to be different from other legal/illegal activities because mining Uranium would be legal but processing it would be illegal.A different way of looking at money making process.

This is the process i have in mind

Step 1 : Mine Uranium [each weigh about 3 in your inventory]

Step 2 :Bring it to Uranium processing {Illegal}

Step 3:One person should be standing on a certain spot which is mainly to show that he is controlling the temperature of the processing..[ From coding aspect i dont think its going to be that hard to select an area with radius 5m.

If you do Uranium mining in a Box Truck you would end up with ~70k.Giving you and your friend ~34.8k each

If you do it in Hemit Box you would end up with ~200k.Giving you and your friend 100k each

A Box of Meth would give you around ~90k without drug

A Hemit Box would give you ~280k

But remember this Uranium mining is not a one man show and requires 2 people so it will not going to break the economy.

Conclusion

Just another suggestion of making money and encouraging players to do something different.I am open to any feedback good or bad

.Prices can be changed and this is just a suggestion so no flame me plox

Suggested by@wollie35 and me myself

+1 but why make this a 2 person job? I find that useless

Just now, CrispySliick said:

Because why not? The only other things that where close where (1) Slinging a boat for oil (2) Slinging a box for Scotch (3) Having three people get the shit for Meth. 

You could also do all of those things solo, this would be a first. 

Silver-Spy likes this
Just now, Twinkie said:

Because why not? The only other things that where close where (1) Slinging a boat for oil (2) Slinging a box for Scotch (3) Having three people get the shit for Meth. 

You could also do all of those things solo, this would be a first. 

You know what thats a very valid point I now agree

Just now, CrispySliick said:

make it vary, 1 person takes awhile. while 2 makes it faster.

have one for legal which gets less money. (just the ore)

and the other when its processed  (taking the uranium out the ore making it valuable)

make the white csat yall had a required to mine it and process it.

Silver-Spy likes this

Back when I ran an altis life server of my own I wrote code for a uranimum mine that was radioactive so it would give radiation damage to anyone in its vicinity who wasn't wearing a hazmat suit. The way it worked (if I remember correctly, it's been a few years) was that the they'd buy the suit, go down there, mine it and have an option of either processing it into uranium rods that would be sold to agola solar for power generation or refined into yellow cake for weapons grade production (which was illegal but worth a lot). I could look for the code and toss it at gnashes but I'm not sure it would work here since the code I used for gathering was different than the one Asylum employs plus it was pretty rough (I was still new to SQF at the time). 

Edit: Here's some of the code I found for the hazmat clothing check + damage if it wasn't there. Again, this shit is pretty old and rough so I'm sure someone more competent in SQF could write a much better version:

[] spawn {
	while {true} do
	{
		private["_damage"];
		sleep 1;
		while {((player distance (getMarkerPos "uranium_1") < 250) && (player getVariable["Revive",TRUE]))} do
		{
			if((uniform player == "U_C_Scientist") && (headgear player == "H_PilotHelmetFighter_O"))  then
			{
				hint "You are in a dangerous radioactive zone! Fortunately you are wearing a Hazmat suit.";
				sleep 5;
			}else
			{
				hint "Warning you are in a dangerous radioactive zone without a Hazmat suit! You will lose health from radioactive emission.";
				_damage = damage player;
				_damage = _damage + 0.1;
				player setDamage (_damage);
				[] call life_fnc_hudUpdate;
				sleep 5;
			};
		};
	};
}; 

Restricted to vehicles:

if(_ctrl == "uranium" && {!(life_trunk_vehicle isKindOf "LandVehicle" OR life_trunk_vehicle isKindOf "House_F")}) exitWith {hint "You cannot store that in anything but a land vehicle!"};

Components:

case "life_inv_uranium": {"Raw Uranium"};
	case "life_inv_yellowcake": {"Yellow Cake"};
	case "life_inv_sulfuricacid": {"Sulfuric Acid"};
	case "life_inv_uraniump": {"Uranium Fuel Rod"};
	case "life_inv_uraniumpw": {"Weapons Grade Uranium"};
	case "life_inv_heavywater": {"Heavy Water"};

Processing:

case "yellowcake": {_sound="radioactive"; [["sulfuricacid", "uranium"],"yellowcake",1500,(localize "STR_Process_YellowCake")];};
case "uraniump": {_sound="radioactive"; [["yellowcake", "heavywater"],"uraniump",1500,(localize "STR_Process_Uranium")];};
case "uraniumpw": {_sound="radioactive"; [["yellowcake", "heavywater"],"uraniumpw",2500,(localize "STR_Process_Uranium_Weapon")];};

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
2 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

processing it into uranium rods that would be sold to agola solar for power generation or refined into yellow cake for weapons grade production (which was illegal but worth a lot).

+1 I think it would be really cool to have both a legal and illegal option of refining.