Lets Fix the Fed! // Rebel Content!

Rebel Content?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Restore the Federal Reserve to its former glory with Deerstands?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which cartel location interests you the most?

• Sofia Lighthouse
    • North Blackmarket
    • Coastal Beach Town
    • Pyrsos Hill/Compound

Part 1: Restoring the Fed

Since Bad Blood disbanded due to lack of rebel content, I've been fighting with my Syrian brethren in the Free Durga Army. I've come to notice a few things.

Like I'm sure many other large rebel gangs feel, the content really just hasn't been there.  We do the bank from time to time and cause mischief now and again, but the bank is so goddamned stale and lopsided that it is hardly an enjoyable fight.  The two ATMs are a hindrance to the cops rather than providing them a platform to attack from and the ladders create a somewhat impassable choke-point.  Not to mention the entire layout is a funnel that brings 1 police hatchback sport at a time directly into our line of fire.

Could the cops approach the bank better?  Yes, using any tactic at all would be more successful than 5 Chris Kyle's and a few Hatchback sports rushing. But either way, the bank is mechanically set up in a way that does not exactly generate interest anymore.  When it was first released it was much needed rebel content, now, I could care less if it was removed entirely.

Now, one of my personal favorites has always been the Federal reserve.  I'm just a sucker for the HEMTT chase at the end, had some unforgettable moments in Regiment, Evil Corp and BB with some Mad Max: Fury Road level HEMTT chases.  It actually made for an enjoyable situation because the combat was fluid, always changing and on the go.  The chase at the end was finally something different than the constant "peek-shooting" which is all that is left in terms of Cop vs Civ gameplay (Prison Break and Bank).  Now, I will concede that the Fed did face some balance issues, and there were a few too many west tower montages.  That being said, I do think that the cops absolutely have the tools to succeed at the Fed regularly even if towers were reinstated given the group cap producing smaller gangs and the SWAT ladders providing an undeniable change in balance.

So I propose that we #BringBackDeerstands in the Federal Reserve.

Prior to their removal, the APD actually had and executed (not always perfectly) viable tactics against federal reserve robbers.  I got on cop looking forward to the Fed because the cops were consistently able to get inside wherein the MX series weapons are no longer at such a massive disadvantage as they are at the Bank and Prison. The Federal Reserve, while causing frustration, was simply a better environment for combat than the snipe fest that is the bank.

I've successfully done a few Feds since the removal of the deerstands, but honestly they aren't that enjoyable with the long drilling times (ewwww) combined with the significantly more difficult environment to combat.  With the way that cops flock to whichever server has an ongoing bank/fed/prison like pigs to mud :P it is simply too difficult to maintain a solid defense for the extended duration of the drilling.  Also its too damn boring for one member to spend 25 minutes drilling.  Lets fix this as well?

Part 2: Cartels!

First, I want to start off by saying that I absolutely adore the most recent changes to the cartel (aside from that silly business with removing the permanent vendor at original arms).  The "cap" zones that have since been removed were a trial when the multiple cartel system was enabled that were a complete failure and took way to long to be removed. I'm glad to never fight at East Arms tower again.  Now that new valley cap? Awful.  I have enough of a snipe fest picking off cadets standing on top of north hill from 800m out at the bank.

So lets get some new locations in place.  Variety is the spice of life after all, right?!  The other thing to reinvigorate the glory days of all day long cartel fights is incentives.  Turfs offer proper incentives right now to capture them.  Cartels do not.  The only incentive of cartels is the actual fight, wherein you solely lose money.

Now, I made a post about this on the old forums, but that's gone so lets go round #2.

1. The Far NE Peninsula (Sofia Area)

*This was suggested by another player earlier, but I thought I would include it here because I honestly would love to see this location come to fruition*

599981d499f837cdb89bb9dfbaf17809.jpg

3fd930d1a45dbe43a403f5b66885c95e.jpg

ec9409af4394d185eaed3bbb0a992f82.jpg

fd05e28b53f994f3a8025c4e423f5aa2.jpg

2. Northern Black Market Production

ade4327d2932adfeed778b2831ce9cef.jpg

6de3e6b98c57b6b9dca31fdd5b760798.jpg

38789a6ec35f91276c06909049a5efaf.jpg

3. Coastal Area S. of Pyrgos/Meth Lab

c91f338aa22e656d0cd15cd5698f0c01.jpg

29345f30ed91ec99c78da237dadbf966.jpg

b43385927195ffd92763f1a954388c08.jpg

Located here:

fce9d5dbb24286ded05a94c73cdc3603.jpg

4. Pyrsos Hill

25489ce5d597bc5eeabc5f75198389c8.jpg

5b500313bddfa592f3be1282bd8ff154.jpg

9260f2dd008d29f98173788cd6ac12fc.jpg

92154f9b5252d8f6e9da1cb9aa44a5b8.jpg

Part 3: A few little QoL things...

1. Remove the influence of governor tax at rebel outpost (We are rebels!  Down with the government!)

2. Reinsert permanent vehicle vendor at the original arms dealer location (castle).

3. SDAR and Dive Suit at Rebel.

4. Beanies @ Rebel Outpost.

I'm sure others can think of more QoL things!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hopeful we can get some additional Rebel content to spice everything up and bring some of the people on Hiatus back to Asylum.

Edited by Ranger

I don't think we need the deerstands back. I would probably be interested in doing more feds if the drilling time was reduced to 1 minute (from 3), and the SWAT ladders limited to two instead of four.

Or they could just increase the payout, and actually make the risk + time investment worth it.

Edited by Bikstok
46 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

I don't think we need the deerstands back. I would probably be interested in doing more feds if the drilling time was reduced to 1 minute (from 3), and the SWAT ladders limited to two instead of four.

Or they could just increase the payout, and actually make the risk + time investment worth it.

I personally hate deer stands and the game play that it encourages. I would love to make drilling into something worth doing. I used to drill because it only took a minute or two and it took some prior knowledge on how to do it so I felt special. :wub:. I don't mind the fed as it is currently except for the amount of swat ladders and drilling time is 25mins to empty it out. 

+1

4 hours ago, Bikstok said:

That would be another alternative.

I just want to see it become viable again.  Personally I think deerstands and leaving SWAT ladders the same would be the way to go.  With the massive amounts of Sgts+ that the current Captains have recruited, there are way more armored vehicles and such to come over the gates than ever.  The best way would probably to only put in 3 deer stands rather than all 6.

Reduce the timer from 3 to 2 minutes, to not bore the driller to death and lets see what happens.

Edited by Ranger
Skittles likes this
2 hours ago, Murmurs said:

Swat is too easy to bypass. 1 pleb goes to bank and hits drill. Goes to roof and waits by orca. After a min or 2, hit the fed. Swats forced to bank and when they show, fly away. If no one goes to bank and chooses fed to defend, walk away with ezpz money

You act as if any good gang that can actually accomplish a fed will do this. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Edited by Scott
9 hours ago, Ranger said:

That is exploiting.  And should be treated as such.

I am for any changes to spice things up, but to say it's been balanced properly with a system that is not guaranteed to work properly... proving someone did that is about as easy to prove "they quit the server right after dying with sole intent to preserve their gear".

1 hour ago, Murmurs said:

I am for any changes to spice things up, but to say it's been balanced properly with a system that is not guaranteed to work properly... proving someone did that is about as easy to prove "they quit the server right after dying with sole intent to preserve their gear".

Yeah I understand.  But on the flispide, the APD had been winning Feds long before SWAT.  Did SWAT make the Fed (with towers) even, I would say reasonably so.  But Fed tactics are an old APD thing that I really do miss.

Was playing on a CQC server inside the Fed yesterday.  Was pretty neat.

11 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Yeah I understand.  But on the flispide, the APD had been winning Feds long before SWAT.  Did SWAT make the Fed (with towers) even, I would say reasonably so.  But Fed tactics are an old APD thing that I really do miss.

Was playing on a CQC server inside the Fed yesterday.  Was pretty neat.

The best part of the fed is that you can't just hop in a god-tank  (orca) and putter off into the sunset counting your cash. You have a good defensive hold as rebel, but you have to give that up and become vulnerable to escape. I loved the fed

rngr likes this
On 13-2-2016 at 4:27 PM, Bikstok said:

listen to this guy.

Professor Pericles likes this
5 hours ago, Relic said:

I feel like the Fed is the only scenario that is evenly matched for cops and rebels, adding the deer stands would give an overwhelming rebel advantage again.

That being said, it's undeniable that the Fed was more fun with them in there.

Thats entirely dependent on the number of Cops online.

Even numbers and its a pretty even fight.  But every time I've attempted a Fed, it starts with 12 cops online and ends with 20+,  Which given the amount of time you have to hold (3 minutes x 7 domes + cracking inside safes + loading HEMTT) is both A) Ridiculously Boring for Driller and B.) Cop Favored in the end.

I think the SWAT system combined with the deerstands will bring back the balance by creating somewhat of a more even playing field.

Cops have: Hotlanding, Hunters, SWAT Entrance, plus the old get a pick in the deerstand and move in.

I think you put 3 of the 6 back in and people start doing the Fed again.  Because the risk for rebels is so high (45 minutes + 25k + 40k HEMTT), it is simply not worth it for the amount of work for a 200k payout.  A payout that comps a few loadouts and results in very little actual profit.  Not to mention, gone are the days of 15+ person Feds on the rebel side.  Gangs are smaller and cops had been stopping Feds even with the deerstands in place for a long time.  I honestly feel like the original Fed was more fun for the cops than the current bank.  So an original Fed with fewer towers and SWAT ladders sounds nice to me.

On 2/13/2016 at 6:20 AM, Ranger said:

+1 to entire post for giving productive suggestions rather than just complaing and expecting change

However, -1 to just this part because its just another way of forcing interaction between players. Players currently go to town for meds, MAYBE, if they arent donor. 

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

TBH, I still dont think anyone would fight that simply because underwater combat in Arma is so weird. 

I agree.  I would rather the cartel be moved to an on land location.  But providing an easier way to get there would be a start if Paratus insists on the oil cartel remaining.

On 2/13/2016 at 7:12 AM, Mc Duushe said:

But I though Rebel's liked getting easy Fed's and Banks with only 4-5 cops on then become utter salt when 30 cops come charging in over the hill!

:kappa:  +1 let's give Rebel's a reason to make super gangs again... 

I don't want super gangs to make a return in the slightest.  I miss the times when there were several small, competitive gangs that actually fought on each server.

I think that the group cap was one of the best additions of Asylum in a long time, especially given the state of things.  The problem is the content isn't there right now.  Cartels don't have value, they are purely a money losing enterprise.  Turfs have more value than cartels, but they are absolutely aids to fight.  Whoever gets there first almost always is going to have the win.  When you can just sit in random buildings and camp the flag, the fights there can be pretty awful.

But I don't see what the Fed has to do with the creation of super gangs.  Right now the Fed is an unused chunk of land that people look at forlornly with fond memories or towards with disdain (I guess it depends on your past experiences there), but the fact is, the Fed has all but been abandoned by rebels.  From a cop standpoint, I always enjoyed it the most (even with deerstands and no SWAT), because the cops had established practices to get inside the Fed and once there it was a CQC battle where the MX series weapons aren't as overmatched by the Mks.  Plus there was the epic HEMTT chase at the end.  Now cops have SWAT (free 7.62s, Strider and Ladders), I would like to see the Fed made viable again for the rebels, where the risk simply outweights the reward and the difficulty right now.  Its hard to waste 45 minutes in jail + a 25k loadout and a 40k HEMTT for a fight that you are very likely going to lose once the 10 additional cops flock to your server the moment they find out about the Federal Reserve being robbed.

So, I think that bringing back 3 deerstands (West, East and Telos) would be a neat way to reinvigorate the environment at the Fed.  If it becomes too unbalanced, feel free to readd them and turn it into a deadzone once again, but rebel content has been nothing but sniper battles with the cops (Ewww!) and the occasional cartel fight recently.

So, lets breathe some life back into the Federal Reserve.

Agree with most of these points, here is some of my suggestions and shit, not all of it would be about rebel stuff.

• Move the Fed to the CSAT compound next to oil processing. People will actually do the Fed because its a fresh location. I've fought this location many times and its much easier for cops to advance. Many hills to snipe from and a lot of cover to push up into it. Before you even mention unbalanced please take a look at the Bank, whoever designed that has no sense of balancing. Rotate it between this and the Current Fed and you'll be golden. Rebels love variety, and this is a quick fix. Also make the payout much higher, all that effort for a mere small payout.

• I've said this a thousand times and i'll say it again. Add the Assault Packs, Starvou Fatigues, Guerilla Apparel, CTRG Mk1 Lite, Beret, more Kitbag and Bergen colour variants and CSAT Wetsuit into the rebel stores. I can't figure out why FIA and AAF clothing are able to be brought in the city stores but not in rebel, it makes no sense. These additions will add 0 to the mission file so I don't see the reasoning why it hasn't been done yet.

• More titles. Not everyplayer is a War fighter or a money hoarder. Think about the other 80% of the player base. If you're going to neglect the rebels like you are doing now, might as well bring in more things for the civilian population.

• I personally like the idea of a group and money cap, but 10 is simply to little. 12 or 15 would be a much better option. $1m is also a tad bit small.

• New UI and more custom skins. You cant be calling yourself the most developed Altis Life server if your UI is one of the worst out of the many, the UI is the first thing new players see. And damn, the Green Hatchback sport is ugly and looks like it was designed on paint, surely you can do a better job on custom skins. Custom skins will not take up much File Size if they are optimised properly. Even shitty servers have some awesome vehicle skins.

What it seems like now is that you are neglecting the rebel/combat activity and wanting to increase the RP. You'll be kidding yourself if you call Asylum a serious RP server. You can never push RP on a server where half of the locations are KOS. You either do one of the other, and lets be honest, Asylum is much more popular because of its combat culture, please don't forget that, embrace the fact that Asylum is home to some of the best Arma players.

Better fix up soon or more people will start quitting, it's already started happening.

Addon, Boss, BSuzinator and 5 others like this
2 hours ago, Haych said:

Agree with most of these points, here is some of my suggestions and shit, not all of it would be about rebel stuff.

• Move the Fed to the CSAT compound next to oil processing. People will actually do the Fed because its a fresh location. I've fought this location many times and its much easier for cops to advance. Many hills to snipe from and a lot of cover to push up into it. Before you even mention unbalanced please take a look at the Bank, whoever designed that has no sense of balancing. Rotate it between this and the Current Fed and you'll be golden. Rebels love variety, and this is a quick fix. Also make the payout much higher, all that effort for a mere small payout.

• I've said this a thousand times and i'll say it again. Add the Assault Packs, Starvou Fatigues, Guerilla Apparel, CTRG Mk1 Lite, Beret, more Kitbag and Bergen colour variants and CSAT Wetsuit into the rebel stores. I can't figure out why FIA and AAF clothing are able to be brought in the city stores but not in rebel, it makes no sense. These additions will add 0 to the mission file so I don't see the reasoning why it hasn't been done yet.

• More titles. Not everyplayer is a War fighter or a money hoarder. Think about the other 80% of the player base. If you're going to neglect the rebels like you are doing now, might as well bring in more things for the civilian population.

• I personally like the idea of a group and money cap, but 10 is simply to little. 12 or 15 would be a much better option. $1m is also a tad bit small.

• New UI and more custom skins. You cant be calling yourself the most developed Altis Life server if your UI is one of the worst out of the many, the UI is the first thing new players see. And damn, the Green Hatchback sport is ugly and looks like it was designed on paint, surely you can do a better job on custom skins. Custom skins will not take up much File Size if they are optimised properly. Even shitty servers have some awesome vehicle skins.

What it seems like now is that you are neglecting the rebel/combat activity and wanting to increase the RP. You'll be kidding yourself if you call Asylum a serious RP server. You can never push RP on a server where half of the locations are KOS. You either do one of the other, and lets be honest, Asylum is much more popular because of its combat culture, please don't forget that, embrace the fact that Asylum is home to some of the best Arma players.

Better fix up soon or more people will start quitting, it's already started happening.

Completely agree. This is perfect. Paratus should read this 10 times over again.

Haych likes this

we were talking about oil cartel in ts a few days ago and thought it would be cool to see on a rig, if not an island. The rig that you run oil from is very cool if you take the time to explore it, with multiple helipads and raised walkways. Would bring a cool side of combat. That would increase the mission file (snore) but at the very least, put it on an island please. Underwater is aids.

7 hours ago, Scott said:

we were talking about oil cartel in ts a few days ago and thought it would be cool to see on a rig, if not an island. The rig that you run oil from is very cool if you take the time to explore it, with multiple helipads and raised walkways. Would bring a cool side of combat. That would increase the mission file (snore) but at the very least, put it on an island please. Underwater is aids.

Agreed. I have not had or seen a single fight take place at Oil Cartel. Believe me, people would rather wait a couple extra seconds to download a mission file if that meant more cool things being added in.

And before anyone even mentions people have bad internet, bruh, we play on a server where people get banned for having bad internet. pls.

Scott likes this
On February 13, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Ranger said:

Part 1: Restoring the Fed

Since Bad Blood disbanded due to lack of rebel content, I've been fighting with my Syrian brethren in the Free Durga Army. I've come to notice a few things.

Like I'm sure many other large rebel gangs feel, the content really just hasn't been there.  We do the bank from time to time and cause mischief now and again, but the bank is so goddamned stale and lopsided that it is hardly an enjoyable fight.  The two ATMs are a hindrance to the cops rather than providing them a platform to attack from and the ladders create a somewhat impassable choke-point.  Not to mention the entire layout is a funnel that brings 1 police hatchback sport at a time directly into our line of fire.

Could the cops approach the bank better?  Yes, using any tactic at all would be more successful than 5 Chris Kyle's and a few Hatchback sports rushing. But either way, the bank is mechanically set up in a way that does not exactly generate interest anymore.  When it was first released it was much needed rebel content, now, I could care less if it was removed entirely.

Now, one of my personal favorites has always been the Federal reserve.  I'm just a sucker for the HEMTT chase at the end, had some unforgettable moments in Regiment, Evil Corp and BB with some Mad Max: Fury Road level HEMTT chases.  It actually made for an enjoyable situation because the combat was fluid, always changing and on the go.  The chase at the end was finally something different than the constant "peek-shooting" which is all that is left in terms of Cop vs Civ gameplay (Prison Break and Bank).  Now, I will concede that the Fed did face some balance issues, and there were a few too many west tower montages.  That being said, I do think that the cops absolutely have the tools to succeed at the Fed regularly even if towers were reinstated given the group cap producing smaller gangs and the SWAT ladders providing an undeniable change in balance.

So I propose that we #BringBackDeerstands in the Federal Reserve.

Prior to their removal, the APD actually had and executed (not always perfectly) viable tactics against federal reserve robbers.  I got on cop looking forward to the Fed because the cops were consistently able to get inside wherein the MX series weapons are no longer at such a massive disadvantage as they are at the Bank and Prison. The Federal Reserve, while causing frustration, was simply a better environment for combat than the snipe fest that is the bank.

I've successfully done a few Feds since the removal of the deerstands, but honestly they aren't that enjoyable with the long drilling times (ewwww) combined with the significantly more difficult environment to combat.  With the way that cops flock to whichever server has an ongoing bank/fed/prison like pigs to mud :P it is simply too difficult to maintain a solid defense for the extended duration of the drilling.  Also its too damn boring for one member to spend 25 minutes drilling.  Lets fix this as well?

Part 2: Cartels!

First, I want to start off by saying that I absolutely adore the most recent changes to the cartel (aside from that silly business with removing the permanent vendor at original arms).  The "cap" zones that have since been removed were a trial when the multiple cartel system was enabled that were a complete failure and took way to long to be removed. I'm glad to never fight at East Arms tower again.  Now that new valley cap? Awful.  I have enough of a snipe fest picking off cadets standing on top of north hill from 800m out at the bank.

So lets get some new locations in place.  Variety is the spice of life after all, right?!  The other thing to reinvigorate the glory days of all day long cartel fights is incentives.  Turfs offer proper incentives right now to capture them.  Cartels do not.  The only incentive of cartels is the actual fight, wherein you solely lose money.

Now, I made a post about this on the old forums, but that's gone so lets go round #2.

1. The Far NE Peninsula (Sofia Area)

*This was suggested by another player earlier, but I thought I would include it here because I honestly would love to see this location come to fruition*

599981d499f837cdb89bb9dfbaf17809.jpg

3fd930d1a45dbe43a403f5b66885c95e.jpg

ec9409af4394d185eaed3bbb0a992f82.jpg

fd05e28b53f994f3a8025c4e423f5aa2.jpg

2. Northern Black Market Production

ade4327d2932adfeed778b2831ce9cef.jpg

6de3e6b98c57b6b9dca31fdd5b760798.jpg

3. Coastal Area S. of Pyrgos/Meth Lab

c91f338aa22e656d0cd15cd5698f0c01.jpg

29345f30ed91ec99c78da237dadbf966.jpg

b43385927195ffd92763f1a954388c08.jpg

Located here:

fce9d5dbb24286ded05a94c73cdc3603.jpg

4. Pyrsos Hill

25489ce5d597bc5eeabc5f75198389c8.jpg

5b500313bddfa592f3be1282bd8ff154.jpg

9260f2dd008d29f98173788cd6ac12fc.jpg

92154f9b5252d8f6e9da1cb9aa44a5b8.jpg

Part 3: A few little QoL things...

1. Remove the influence of governor tax at rebel outpost (We are rebels!  Down with the government!)

2. Reinsert permanent vehicle vendor at the original arms dealer location (castle).

4. Beanies @ Rebel Outpost.

I'm sure others can think of more QoL things!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hopeful we can get some additional Rebel content to spice everything up and bring some of the people on Hiatus back to Asylum.

Sdar and dive suits at rebel. Hell yes