Workout routine?

Tricks

Like the title say I would like to get a little bigger, I'm currently just shy of 5'10 and only weight 133 pounds. I have a gym member ship to LA fitness but might switch if that allows me to gain muscle mass and look a lot better. Also doing this because my girlfriend complains that I look like a twig and never eat... I just want to improve my full body to look lean. Any suggestions help :) 

Look into taking Phopsphator, it’s a legal form of a steroid somewhat, I used it when I was in track, I gained 13 pounds of upper body muscle in 3 months.

for workouts I would recommend doing basic things for big muscles, try doing bench press, skull crushers, curls, squats, etc. The best way to gain muscle is to stay committed to a few muscle groups

*The only downside I found in phopsphator was that I got acne, and it’s kinda expensive. 

I'm no where near professional, but maybe I can help

~Change gyms and go to golds

~Eat a lot of chicken. (I pretty much eat Mexican everyday, Chipotle, Moe's, etc.)

~Drink BCAAs (Drink with / after 2 major meals. I do breakfast and dinner.)

~Get Mass Gainer (Don't replace meals with this. Drink alongside meals. It's tuff but you'll get huge lmao.)

~Drink/eat 1G of protein Per/ 1 LBS of body weight. SO 133 grams a day.

~For in-gym I do 4 days a week:

Chest / Tri

Back / Bi

Shoulders 

Legs

(Do abs every gym day after workout. Only takes 5 minutes and core helps with everything.)

(Never focus on other people's weight. Everyone starts somewhere, trust me no one cares if you're benching marshmellows.)

~DON'T hire a trainer.

Edited by Shane McCoy
Just now, Johnny said:

drink your milk and eat your veggies. stop playing arma and go for runs. leave your girl that doesnt sound like a healthy relationship trust me, arma made and is making me more fat every day

haven't touched the game in months or even any game.

Just now, Azeh said:

a pushup and a half

pshhh I can

Just now, Sp0on said:

malt liquor and cigarettes with a little bit of sleeping in until 3 in the afternoon will get you fit as a fiddle.

I already smoked cigs didnt lose or gain weight.

How in depth would you like me to go @Tricks?

I would rather not type a whole essay if you are only looking for say just the weight aspects.

1. Dont listen to @Blocker -  If you take steroids you are a retard.

2. Dont change gyms that literally has nothing to do with it or eating lean chicken when you clearly have a high metabolism and

should be looking for foods with good fat.

Let me know how in depth you want it before I waste time

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Blocker said:

@Sugarfoot Phosphator is not a steroid, it’s merely a recovery agent and it will give you more energy during your workout. It have me results similar to people who have used illegal steroids. My old discus coach who was a damned Olympian recommended it to me.

You don't take things in your body that you dont plan on keeping up with. You also don't take things that alter your body in an un-natural way. You also don't need to stuff your body with chemicals for energy - thats what eating food is for.

The kids like 16 years old if he plans on looking a certain way now - what do you think will happen when he goes to college and stops taking it?

Edited by Sugarfoot
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

You don't take things in your body that you dont plan on keeping up with. You also don't take things that alter your body in an un-natural way. You also don't need to stuff your body with chemicals for energy - thats what eating food is for.

The kids like 16 years old if he plans on looking a certain way now - what do you think will happen when he goes to college and stops taking it?

I stopped taking it years ago and my maxes are the same. Look into it, if it’s legal then it’s fine, fitness competitions don’t care if you use it.maybe you should look into workout supplements you might get better gains.

How in depth would you like me to go @Tricks?

I would rather not type a whole essay if you are only looking for say just the weight aspects.

1. Dont listen to @Blocker -  If you take steroids you are a retard.

2. Dont change gyms that literally has nothing to do with it or eating lean chicken when you clearly have a high metabolism and

should be looking for foods with good fat.

Let me know how in depth you want it before I waste time

Well I would to shape my body into being cut and lean. I don’t want to be so skinny, I need to get full body work outs that will show improvements in the look of my body.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:00 PM, Sugarfoot said:

Yeah but I got paid by IBM to do a seminar for weight loss and I made a much better one that goes in depth

I figured I would share some of the information from it since its a lot better then what I wrote two years ago.

share it I'm interested im 6'5 200 lbs and I've gained the freshman 15 because i stopped working out and my swim career ended so I'd love to read your more in depth story.

@Jamal So in your case you fall into probably the exact same situation I did with leaving sports behind. Couple cool things I figured out over the last year was that cardio and running really are minuscule when it comes to losing weight and keeping weight off. I recently lost 40 pounds since last April standing in an office cubicle coding (Working out the same amount as I did prior to getting the job 5-7 times a week depending on days I go and play Basketball). There's a lot to read here but its up to you if its worth your time or not.

What I did , and would recommend in your case:

1. Fasting. Im not saying starve your self and dont eat for 20 hours - im saying start by planning when you are going to eat your first meal. The reason for this goes beyond what all the crazy people talk about. The later you eat your first meal - the easier it will be to hold off on snacking or eating before dinner. That alone makes your life a lot easier and little do you realize you are fasting while doing it. Rather then bore you with all the details of the medical aspects (You should take the time and look it up) its very benifitial and is one of the ways you can lose weight from places like your stomach in an easy fashion. When you do cardio you typically are moving parts of your body and those parts tend to lose more fat content and sometimes muscle content in those area's. With fasting its mostly coming from places you tend to store fat (for males your chest and lower abdomin.). This ideally goes hand and hand with stopping eating at a certain time at night. This helps your body digest food so you can get more nutrients out of it rather then let it turn straight to fat. It also starts your fasting process over night. Its like a cheat sheet way to fast by using your sleep cycle. If you stopped eating anything at 10 at night and ate lunch at 12 you would have a 14 hour fasting period without even realizing it.

TLDR: Try to have a set time that you eat lunch and a stopping point at night where you stop eating. Anything over 5 calories breaks this fasting period and you start over. Its a direct way to increase your metabolism and burn fat off your stomach without burning muscle at the same time.

2. Standing. Naturally im sure you have heard that standing is good from you - from probably everyone now but why? What about standing is good? If you ever googled the math behind it - turns out standing for someone your weight burns roughly 65-75 calories per hour. If you stood while you worked or played games for say half the duration (4 hours out of your 8 hours) you would burn 70 x 4 = 280 calories. If you were to do the math on this thats about equivalent to ~ 2.3 miles on a treadmill. This is a quick way to also burn fat  in places that help you stand - your legs, your core, and your back. Most people dont run everyday and you probably shouldn't'. Standing is a way you can retain a lot of your muscle while having tons of health benefits and losing weight. 

TLDR: Standing burns more calories then running,

3. Calorie Counting. I honestly never knew that you could eat more then 2000 calories of purely healthy things and still not lose weight. Turns out even though you may eat absolutely clean to the bone - if its over 2000 calories your body cant burn enough of the food for you to lose weight. This isn't to say that you will get fat or gain weight for eating more then 2000 but if you desire to lose weight you need to be under 2000 at the end of the day regardless of what you eat. Personally I eat around 2200 calories and I burn around 500 leaving me with on average 1700 calories per day. At the end of the week this adds up to 2100 calories burnt which is roughly equal to a pound lost. Your goal isn't to lose 30 pounds in a week, its to lose 30 pounds in a month so your body can adjust to it and not have loose hanging skin. You also want to create ways to  lose weight where you can keep it up - as you said you dont swim anymore so you dont want to add another thing to your life that you will end up changing.

TLDR: At the end of the day your net of calories regardless how clean they are, needs to be under 2000 and still be a healthy amount for you - to lose weight.

This is a quick run down of what I have written as I can't just copy paste it since It was paid for by the company. As for tricks situation its a bit more complicated and I would need to know what he wants to look like and where he is at currently. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Sugarfoot

@Jamal So in your case you fall into probably the exact same situation I did with leaving sports behind. Couple cool things I figured out over the last year was that cardio and running really are minuscule when it comes to losing weight and keeping weight off. I recently lost 50 pounds since last april standing in an office cubicle coding (Working out the same amount as I did prior to getting the job 5-7 times a week depending on days I go and play Basketball). Theres a lot to read here but its up to you if its worth your time or not.

1. Fasting. Im not saying starve your self and dont eat for 20 hours - im saying start by planning when you are going to eat your first meal. The reason for this goes beyond what all the crazy people talk about. The later you eat your first meal - the easier it will be to hold off on snacking or eating before dinner. That alone makes your life a lot easier and little do you realize you are fasting while doing it. Rather then bore you with all the details of the medical aspects (You should take the time and look it up) its very benifitial and is one of the ways you can lose weight from places like your stomach in an easy fashion. When you do cardio you typically are moving parts of your body and those parts tend to lose more fat content and sometimes muscle content in those area's. With fasting its mostly coming from places you tend to store fat (for males your chest and lower abdomin.). This ideally goes hand and hand with stopping eating at a certain time at night. This helps your body digest food so you can get more nutrients out of it rather then let it turn straight to fat. It also starts your fasting process over night. Its like a cheat sheet way to fast by using your sleep cycle. If you stopped eating anything at 10 at night and ate lunch at 12 you would have a 14 hour fasting period without even realizing it.

TLDR: Try to have a set time that you eat lunch and a stopping point at night where you stop eating. Anything over 5 calories breaks this fasting period and you start over. Its a direct way to increase your metabolism and burn fat off your stomach without burning muscle at the same time.

2. Standing. Naturally im sure you have heard that standing is good from you - from probably everyone now but why? What about standing is good? If you ever googled the math behind it - turns out standing for someone your weight burns roughly 65-75 calorioes per hour. If you stood while you worked or played games for say half the duration (4 hours out of your 8 hours) you would burn 70 x 4 = 280 calories. If you were to do the math on this thats about equivalent to ~ 2.3 miles on a treadmil. This is a quick way to also burn fat  in places that help you stand - your legs, your core, and your back. Most people dont run everyday and you probably shouldnt'. Standing is a way you can retain a lot of your muscle while having tons of health benefits and losing weight. 

3. Calorie Counting. I honestly never knew that you could eat more then 2000 calories of purely healthy things and still not lose weight. Turns out even though you may eat absolutely clean to the bone - if its over 2000 calories your body cant burn enough of the food for you to lose weight. This isn't to say that you will get fat or gain weight for eating more then 2000 but if you desire to lose weight you need to be under 2000 at the end of the day regardless of what you eat. Personally I eat around 2200 calories and I burn around 500 leaving me with on average 1700 calories per day. At the end of the week this adds up to 2100 calories burnt which is roughly equal to a pound lost. Your goal isn't to lose 30 pounds in a week, its to lose 30 pounds in a month so your body can adjust to it and not have loose hanging skin. You also want to create ways to  lose weight where you can keep it up - as you said you dont swim anymore so you dont want to add another thing to your life that you will end up changing.

TLDR: At the end of the day your net of calories regardless how clean they are, needs to be under 2000 and still be a healthy amount for you - to lose weight.

This is a quick run down of what I have written as I can't just copy paste it since It was paid for by the company. As for tricks situation its a bit more complicated and I would need to know what he wants to look like and where he is at currently. Let me know what you think.

thanks for the help man ill try these out

@Sugarfoot is right on in the above.

A couple key things.  

- Remove Sweetened anything (sodas, sweetened tea, fruit juices)

- Eat good quality meats pay the extra for high end Non-GMO/Organically raised beef/chicken/fish

- Eat as many vegetables as you want, find a paleo dressing you like and make a good salad.

- Dont take supplements until you get your daily food and caloric intake to a science.  Changing your diet and adding workout regiment with the addition of supplements can be harmful.  I've had friends have paniac attacks and angina due to thermogenics.

Be careful...

T@Jamal So in your case you fall into probably the exact same situation I did with leaving sports behind. Couple cool things I figured out over the last year was that cardio and running really are minuscule when it comes to losing weight and keeping weight off. I recently lost 40 pounds since last April standing in an office cubicle coding (Working out the same amount as I did prior to getting the job 5-7 times a week depending on days I go and play Basketball). There's a lot to read here but its up to you if its worth your time or not.

2. Standing. Naturally im sure you have heard that standing is good from you - from probably everyone now but why? What about standing is good? If you ever googled the math behind it - turns out standing for someone your weight burns roughly 65-75 calories per hour. If you stood while you worked or played games for say half the duration (4 hours out of your 8 hours) you would burn 70 x 4 = 280 calories. If you were to do the math on this thats about equivalent to ~ 2.3 miles on a treadmill. This is a quick way to also burn fat  in places that help you stand - your legs, your core, and your back. Most people dont run everyday and you probably shouldn't'. Standing is a way you can retain a lot of your muscle while having tons of health benefits and losing weight. 

That was pretty interesting to read, never new any of that stuff there I genuinely never even knew.

I am planning on joining the RAF as an Aircraft Technician, I have all my qualifications, but I need to meet a health and fitness requirement.

I would say I am just an average person fitness/health wise. I would like to know though, I don’t eat breakfast, is this something I should try change if i am looking to become healthier? 

To join the RAF, I would need to run 2.4km in 11.1 minutes.

I would need to do at least 20 push ups, and 35 sit ups.

I meet the BMI requirement fine, but all those above I think i would really struggle to achieve.

I barely eat any fruit, i eat few vegetables, but never on my own back (if its made for me, i eat it, if its not, i dont)

Im not looking to become huge muscle wise, but i’d like to become a lot healthier than i am currently, is there any advise you could give to me?

Just now, Eazy.lookinass said:

That was pretty interesting to read, never new any of that stuff there I genuinely never even knew.

I am planning on joining the RAF as an Aircraft Technician, I have all my qualifications, but I need to meet a health and fitness requirement.

I would say I am just an average person fitness/health wise. I would like to know though, I don’t eat breakfast, is this something I should try change if i am looking to become healthier? 

To join the RAF, I would need to run 2.4km in 11.1 minutes.

I would need to do at least 20 push ups, and 35 sit ups.

I meet the BMI requirement fine, but all those above I think i would really struggle to achieve.

I barely eat any fruit, i eat few vegetables, but never on my own back (if its made for me, i eat it, if its not, i dont)

Im not looking to become huge muscle wise, but i’d like to become a lot healthier than i am currently, is there any advise you could give to me?

I dont eat breakfast but I have something small in between lunch and dinner always - usually either an apple or a yogurt.

As dumb as this sounds, and you have to bare with me here - To do more push ups, pull ups, and sit ups you need to do them a bit every day or every other day. You don't need to do 100 pull ups a day but if all you can do is half,  do a half  rep  10 times and then do it again in another day or two and keep repeating. Doing Negative resistance is also hugely beneficial such as jumping up to the bar and slowly releasing down. Dont let your ego stop you from progressing - a half a rep is fine if thats what is hard for you , just remember to do a few of them and make it a work out.

As for running to build your lungs you want to try to gradually stretch it out. Start by running a small amount every day as in the RAF you would be running every day. If a quarter of a mile gets you winded start by doing that. You dont need to do 3 miles on Monday and be so exhausted you cant run till Friday - thats just stupid. 

When it comes to body weight exercises its not really how many you can do that gets you stronger but how well you do the one's you can. If half a rep is hard for you then thats a good workout. I would stick to trying to get your self slowly in to a regiment where you mimic a basic set of what you will do at RAF. Slowly build on that to where you are doing this 5 or so times a week and rest when needed

Edited by Sugarfoot

I dont eat breakfast but I have something small in between lunch and dinner always - usually either an apple or a yogurt.

As dumb as this sounds, and you have to bare with me here - To do more push ups, pull ups, and sit ups you need to do them a bit every day or every other day. You don't need to do 100 pull ups a day but if all you can do is half,  do a half  rep  10 times and then do it again in another day or two and keep repeating. Doing Negative resistance is also hugely beneficial such as jumping up to the bar and slowly releasing down. Dont let your ego stop you from progressing - a half a rep is fine if thats what is hard for you , just remember to do a few of them and make it a work out.

As for running to build your lungs you want to try to gradually stretch it out. Start by running a small amount every day as in the RAF you would be running every day. If a quarter of a mile gets you winded start by doing that. You dont need to do 3 miles on Monday and be so exhausted you cant run till Friday - thats just stupid. 

When it comes to body weight exercises its not really how many you can do that gets you stronger but how well you do the one's you can. If half a rep is hard for you then thats a good workout. I would stick to trying to get your self slowly in to a regiment where you mimic a basic set of what you will do at RAF. Slowly build on that to where you are doing this 5 or so times a week and rest when needed

Thanks for the help, also,

what about dieting?