A few words from an old player.

ou know something although the servers may be unstable at times an so on its the players themselves who make asylum fun or not. Yea its frustrating at times but the community and players themselves make the server worth playing or not. I mean i remember i had to keep trying the server for half hour before getting in it was that busy. All im seeing on the forums is so much negativity towards everything, why not work with each other rather than slate everything. The server was good back in the day because players respecting the on goings and appreciated how it all works. Now people expect so much and take so much fir granted when ultimately the RP within the server and the community in the forums make asylum the place to be. So when new guys come around an say hi why say stuff like O im sure you will have a great time on these shitty servers ect. Why not be more positive an say welcome see you around sometime.

These servers could be the best an most stable but if the players dont RP an do things the right way an the community base is toxic then its still not gonna be fun regardless of server stability.

Ye it might not be how it used to but you guys can still make the server fun an shape how the server is played. I am really looking forward to seeing some of you around and playing with you all.

Edited by Lew
Mitch (IFRIT), Danne, Walt and 13 others like this
Just now, Lew said:

ou know something although the servers may be unstable at times an so on its the players themselves who make asylum fun or not. Yea its frustrating at times but the community and players themselves make the server worth playing or not. I mean i remember i had to keep trying the server for half hour before getting in it was that busy. All im seeing on the forums is so much negativity towards everything, why not work with each other rather than slate everything. The server was good back in the day because players respecting the on goings and appreciated how it all works. Now people expect so much and take so much fir granted when ultimately the RP within the server and the community in the forums make asylum the place to be. So when new guys come around an say hi why say stuff like O im sure you will have a great time on these shitty servers ect. Why not be more positive an say welcome see you around sometime.

These servers could be the best an most stable yet if the players dont RP an do things the right way an the community base is toxic then its still not gonna be fun.

Ye it might not be how it used to but you guys can still make the server fun an shape how the server is played. I am really looking forward to seeing some of you around and playing with you all.

The servers were great in the past because Paratus was making a boatload of money from donations and therefore was motivated to keep pushing updates. Once BIS put a stop to the money flow, @Paratus bailed on the community to go make Identity. Fast forward a few years later with Asylum running on legacy code with problems that no one can fix—so yeah the community is negative for a very good reason.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
FudgeR, Ghouh, Steve and 6 others like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

The servers were great in the past because Paratus was making a boatload of money from donations and therefore was motivated to keep pushing updates. Once BIS put a stop to the money flow, @Paratus bailed on the community to go make Identity. Fast forward a few years later with Asylum running on legacy code with problems that no one can fix—so yeah the community is negative for a very good reason.

^

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Right ok thats a good an fair point but why be so negative to the guys who are still around an still trying to give the server new life on hope. So paratus bailed or whatever but its clear there are guys still working on the server that have not given up. This is what i mean with the negativity. So the negativity an anger is aimed at the server now an the guys trying to rewrite an repair an put right whats been messed up an broken. Dont seem fair does it. A guy bails everyone then gets angry at the fall guys who are trying to put right a mess they didnt create. This is my point of a bit more positivity. The player base is still here, guys are still working on the server (they dont have, they could if bailed) it will take a bit of time but a bit more positivity, less corner cutting on the server an a bit more RP on the server an i promise you it will be a lot more fun and people will enjoy there time more. Regardless of server stabillity.

Just saying you guys can make it fun or not. Clearly there are guys who clearly care an are working hard behind the scenes. Just a little bit more respect an thought for them with whats gone on an going on and a bit more respect for each other and it will be fun again. You will see.

Bcrichjosh and McMuffin like this

asylum is not done by any means, true it is not what it use to be but there is still a fan base and players that are on constantly. Work does need to happen to take place. Paratus is no longer doing much. But @bamf and his crew are doing what they can. My advise find a good group of people who are still here making it fun and help others thrive. Cut the sidechat warrior bull shit. 

Lew likes this

A game cannot be done when its player base is still around, people want the servers fixed, people want additional things. So to me players want the servers fixed so they can play withoutmuch issue. That alone tells you its not done as a server. No one knows what actually goes on behind the scenes only assumptions. 

Just now, Azeh said:

But that's exactly what they're not doing. Major rewrites would have to be done to fix the servers but would require a lot of time which is the reason why they won't do it. Nor will they accept much help from people, even if they're willing to work for free. They've made over $1700 from the Community Donation Goals which was intended to be spent on fixing the servers (that's what people donated for) and they have spent nowhere near that amount so far.

So far maybe not then again how do you actually know? No one properly does do they. All im saying is this server can still be fun without all the slating an stuff. Ye its frustrating but the guys working on it havnt quit an let it die have they. There still here so with that all im saying is maybe a bit more respect to each other an the guys that are working on the servers. 

19 minutes ago, niels2 said:

With more positive people, the server can rise again. The server doesn't need a ton of updates, in my opinion. I am starting to see more and more new players, the server is starting to fill up more

The more new players you get the better for the servers an so but if all people are gonna do is slate each an so on people aint gonna stick around anyways are they. Like i said the only people who can make it fun are the players an the community. Even if the servers are not so good the interactions with each other an the player to player rp stuff in game makes it fun. Not a smooth running server. Players shape the server. If attitudes changed an rp got a bit more fluent new players will stayan the community will grow again. The stuff i have read about people being unhappy an things like that makes me wonder 2 things.

1. Why does bamf an the guys bother being here trying when there pretty unappreciated from what ive read. 

2. If you hate it all that much then why are you on the forums complaining about it an not just leave.

Same answer is simple, theres still plenty here and you all care. Its all a server you play on and can shape. If players put effort in with each other to then it will be an enjoyable server. Regardless of server condition. 

People who want  to play and have fun

joins  sever that can run for 10 min

gets toxic

goes on fourms and bitch

meets other people who bitch

makes a gang and dupe

Gets banned 

gets new account 

rejoins sever

still not stable 

dupes and bitches 

joins APD for the money 

activates robo mode 

blacklists 

leaves community for months

rejoins and plays for ban 

perm

happy ending all around 

drinks a cold one 

Ernie M, Donald, McMuffin and 2 others like this
Just now, Action_Jaxon said:

gets toxic

goes on fourms and bitch

makes a gang and dupe

Gets banned 

gets new account 

rejoins sever

still not stable 

dupes and bitches 

joins APD for the money 

activates robo mode 

blacklists 

perm

happy ending all around 

drinks a cold one 

Who did this?!? Lmfao oddly specific

Just now, Action_Jaxon said:

gets toxic

goes on fourms and bitch

makes a gang and dupe

Gets banned 

gets new account 

rejoins sever

still not stable 

dupes and bitches 

joins APD for the money 

activates robo mode 

blacklists 

perm

happy ending all around 

drinks a cold one 

sounds like you are talking from experience

4 hours ago, Lew said:

These servers could be the best an most stable yet if the players dont RP an do things the right way an the community base is toxic then its still not gonna be fun.

Yes because role playing will increase the server’s stability/performance..

These servers could be the best an most stable, yet if the players dont RP an do things the right way an the community base is toxic then its still not gonna be fun regardless of server stability. Sorry for poor grammer.

hope you now understand what i meant. Either way your response just shows what im on about.

Edited by Lew