Asylum as a whole

This post is a community post that needs to be addressed for all who play asylum, Yes there are allot of issues on asylum both server and back end and or content related. but what keeps us playing asylum and that people love most. We need a stimulation to reaching our goals or need different approach in donating money. We thank @bamf for maintaining the server out his own pocket, Not only we thank the devs that dedicate their time and effort from their real life jobs @Gnashes.  These 2 individuals has helped us as a community into something that i keep coming back to. and maybe you're self ? But They dedicate their own time that they dont need to give to asylum.

At the moment the "ball" is on the community side of the court, Us as a community need to find a way or a way that suits the community in reaching those figures that Asylum needs, Allot of players love this server and donated years ago, and say "I donated to level 3 and got my debit card". 

Im a player that has clocked 5k hours on asylum alone, I only donated $50 3/4 years ago, and a little for pilot coveralls. there are many of us out there that are on the same sheet and have a passion or the sheer dedication to keep playing asylum even when the servers are shit.

Server content will not drive asylum in the direction it needs to be, yes there can be changes but its not all just content, Some ideas will get shut down and then their are ideas that can impact those who play and to keep playing.

There needs to be a way that we can look at Asylum as a whole and each and every individual can make an impact. I hate the whole idea everything behind a paywall. There must be a way that we can come back into a normal 6.0 lifestyle where we can receive a patch note every Thursday or even every 2nd Thursday. ( $1000 for every 2nd week patch note ) like we were promised from @Paratus. I dont know financial figures that the server requires.

This Topic needs to be a group discussion , no pointing fingers saying "fix server" "ddos every 2 seconds" After all we are the ones who keep coming back and what can we do to help and to assist in making a stop to the stone thats rolling down hill.

No Shit posts, just general comments. Thank you.

sakha, Roice, Gaskal and 21 others like this

Well said @Smee

I agree that it is in the hands of the community now. We need to come up with a resolution that works. It may take trial and error but it is what needs to happen. Everyone shit talks the servers yet like you said here they are day in and day out. I am sure we can keep the thread on topic.

Edited by RoguePilot
Kev 23 and DJB like this

the community has done far more than enough to appease other players, as i've seen in the past with many of the gangs in s1-4. they all offer to spend their own money on their loadouts, offer to teach them what's new and what's different from other playstyles. and in the end they have their toxic banter which is somehow enjoyable for them. the community can do nothing for the server when it's already done everything for it, they've removed the people that have done plenty for it and there's already a diminishing return on those that are still in this community still giving.

Just now, Super Bumbi said:

why is it in our hands, it's not our server we don't run it. once this shit dies we can go to another arma server and clock hours into that. it's the same fucking experience and i shouldn't be suaded into assisting some development team by giving them cash to make their own shit successful.

the community has done far more than enough to appease other players, as i've seen in the past with many of the gangs in s1-4. they all offer to spend their own money on their loadouts, offer to teach them what's new and what's different from other playstyles. and in the end they have their toxic banter which is somehow enjoyable for them. the community can do nothing for the server when it's already done everything for it, they've removed the people that have done plenty for it and there's already a diminishing return on those that are still in this community still giving.

the game is dying because the player experience is un-enjoyable due to the lack of content for those that have been here for countless hours, as well as the newcomers that have to deal with un-optimized trash, constant scroll wheel lag, desync, alongside poor frame rates and shitty methods of money making.

Image result for salt bae gif

sakha and Heidelberg like this
Just now, Smee said:

I think the answer is going to come at the end of this summer.

Whatever is gonna save Asylum HAS to happen either right before or at the beginning of the summer. That is what I consider to be our last chance. Frankly, I thought Asylum would not last past Christmas at the rate it was going. I would like to see that if the donation levels are reached, the efficiency developer is brought back to finish whatever he couldn't in the week he was payed. Even if he isn't interested or can't do it for whatever reason, I think that should be considered as an option. There are clearly other problems within Asylum that still exist, perhaps he or someone else can find them.

I donated for the first month towards the community goal, I'd donate again if we saw some more noticeable improvement on server performance.

1 hour ago, RoguePilot said:

Well said @Smee

I agree that it is in the hands of the community now. We need to come up with a resolution that works. It may take trial and error but it is what needs to happen. Everyone shit talks the servers yet like you said here they are day in and day out. I am sure we can keep the thread on topic.

nah the community wants the server to die. They'd rather be toxic and ruin it for everyone than play with a minimal amount of rp

Snow- likes this
2 hours ago, Azeh said:

Azeh - Yesterday at 7:47 PM
Yup
Can't blame you for wanting to dip after a week

xyz - Yesterday at 7:50 PM
Yeah
It was worse then I thought
And I can't dedicate that much time to something which kills me

He's also joining the military next week. And he agreed that it's a better choice to update the framework than it is to optimize everything, but Gnashes said he'd rather pull the plug on the servers than update the framework. 

Curious to know what made him quit after only a week.

This is one of the most constructive threads I have seen in a long time.  

Lots of good back and forth.  Great points.  Some of you are seeing it the way us Admins see it.  

You can quote me now, here, today.  The time is coming where the community is going to get exactly what its been asking for.  

Silver-Spy, Azeh, cbakes and 3 others like this
Just now, Azeh said:

I gotta say it doesn't surprise me it was primarily Asylum's fault after all. I'm glad we know now. And my respect to you for getting to the bottom of this fucking mess.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

This is one of the most constructive threads I have seen in a long time.  

Lots of good back and forth.  Great points.  Some of you are seeing it the way us Admins see it.  

You can quote me now, here, today.  The time is coming where the community is going to get exactly what its been asking for.  

What are we getting Clint? Give us some reason to not necessarily believewhat you say, but to believe that this community is not a dead end.

Just now, Steve said:

What are we getting Clint? Give us some reason to not necessarily believewhat you say, but to believe that this community is not a dead end.

I honestly do not know specifics, but, that was a conclusion that was agreed on last Friday.  Main question that was asked "What's wrong with what the community wants?".  

At the end of that discussion - I felt hopeful.

I know you guys are jaded, its fine to feel that way.  But, as stated here - we still love Asylum.  

Silver-Spy likes this

A lot of great suggestions were denied in the past because “Paratus doesn’t want this” I understand it’s pretty much his server but since bamf is co-owner and paratus hasn’t been around with his work on identity. Can we revisit a lot of old suggestions that the community would love to have?

Steve likes this

Here's my two cents even though it isn't quite relevant.

Back in August 2016, there was a thread made about donating for splunk, although I am unsure of the exact cost, I'm sure they were funding it out of pocket at some time in the past, so this was their way of making money back. I am unsure how much money they ended up making off of this, but they surely made something.

When you take a look at the "Community Goals" page, you will notice that the first month there was a tier 2 level achieved.

The majority of people who got pilot coveralls attempted to unbox them after they realized how good they were with carrier lites. So, beyond the countless amounts of money people spent on the pilot coveralls, also asking $1300 from people who've already spent whatever amounts of money they did in order to use the clothing in general is quite ridiculous.

Not to mention, maybe if purchasing loot or guardian crate keys, as well as donation in themselves would add onto this maybe you would reach more goals. Seeking generosity without dishing it out isn't going to work forever. Neglecting what the majority of the people as a community ask, then asking for more things in return is going to get you nowhere.

There was also this a while back.h5i79zH.png

Prime example: 6ZDAFYV.png

You have 173:12 and you still do not want to do something that the community is asking of you because "you don't like it". If you keep shitting on people's ideas and opinions it won't end up getting you anywhere that you want to be. Now, there are complaints about this being "FPS" or "Server FPS intensive" but unless people see it for themselves, they are just going to believe you are bullshitting them.

In regards to the community donation goals, you should add an option of getting a "community feature" added since you appear to neglect anything anyone has asked of you in the past months.

You will rake in more donations and more players if you return to what asylum used to be instead of trying to put some "new" dynamic twist which everyone thinks is really shitty. 

Also, maybe if you revealed some information as to pricing of splunk to be distributed to people, and the cost of the servers maybe people would be more motivated to donate rather than thinking you are using the cheapest hardware available to make maximum profit.

Edited by signal
Steve likes this