Feedback to the community - Why is the server dying?

Hi. This is written on my phone, I just feel like venting for a minute.

Okay so, why is the server dying? I’ve got the answer. Do you all remember first joining Asylum? You spawned in at kavala, and started complainig on the low fps. For some odd reason, you kept playing. You bought a quad bike, checked out the map. You started picking peaches, if you were savage enough, you head to the weed field to pursue your odd dream of becoming the ALTIS DRUG DEALER! After a couple of hours, you realized the game was pretty neat. 

Your first encounter with other players was fun. You were greeted by a fellow peach picker, and asked if he wanted to team up. You now found your first arma friend. You guys used to hang out in kavala, roleplay with cops and other players. Occasionally you got robbed, but that’s roleplaying, it’s fine. You had a great time on Asylum, even though you had 20fps and got blown up for crashing in to a bush.

Well, this was before. Nowadays, as soon as you spawn in at kavala, you get tazed and put in a house for hours upon hours. Okay, maybe not hours, but at least 30min. The people putting you in the house don’t even rp with you, they just leave you in there to rot. Now, think of this situation in the shoes of a new asylum player. The person joins the server, has no idea of what’s happening, he just figured out how to get a license. Now she’s put in a house for 1 hour, wasting her time. She decides to log out and in, once finally on again, she gets accused of combat logging. 

This happens way too often. The server can’t grow with a toxic, non rp community who just jail you during your play-time. You come home from school and get put in Farmer Villes house for the rest of the evening, why would you even want to continue playing? We have to think about our actions, yes it’s okay to rob people. But only to one extent. Don’t kidnap players and jail them for no absolute reason whatsoever.

I remember the days when asylum had 5 servers, full. You had to spam enter, or get a macro to get on. Once in, you had a blast! A great rp community. Now, it’s just not there anymore.

Thank you for reading, I appreciate it. I just had to vent. Moral of the story: think about your actions. The last thing we all want is an empty Asylum server, let’s rebuild together and make the server unique and more fun.

//Yosef

Leroy Fish and Dank like this

1) you can log after 10 mins pretty much period.

2) Although Asylum isn't know for having the best frame rates, You probs wouldn't get more than 30 with a server with equal size. Framerate isn't an asylum thing, it's somwhat an arma thing in general. 

3) Why have a bounty if you're going to get bounty hunted. Pay that thing off or sit in jail for a while or join a group. It's not that hard. 

4) Asylum is a Light RP sever. If you don't like it, then you're looking in the wrong place. 

I know it's annoying to have to avoid an entire city due to the toxicity.  But it's your best bet to avoid kavala all together.  There's a 5% chance of having anything but a terrible experience while in Kavala.  You enter at your own risk...

If your looking for an RP experience, your only chance of really experiencing that is when interacting with the APD.  Otherwise, the population basically treats asylum as a PvP server.

Don't be discouraged.  Avoid Kavala at all costs.  Try to find a crew to roll with so you have people watching your back.

Good Luck bud.

Leroy Fish, Steve and Frizzy like this
Just now, Maric said:

Related image

Farmersville cunts don't deserve RP.  You guys throw chances of that out the door when u just hide in your house all day, Shooting anyone and everyone...

Cop 1: hey, we have guys shooting from a house in kavala

Higher up: farmersville?

Cop 1: yeah

Higher up: lethals authorized.

Edited by cHIP ōTLE
Nubis, Farmer Steve and BioHazard like this
Just now, Dank said:

oddly enough thats exactly how my first experience was, low fps, weed farming, and rp.

something needs to be done about these fucking bounty hunters, like a 25k minimum bounty so you aren't put in jail by some shithead for killing 1 person in self-defense

I like the idea, but maybe like 15k because there's no way you're killing 3 guys in self defense unless you're a god.

Edited by Bag Of Funyuns

For starters what's killing asylum is poor server performance followed by lack of new content. Whether you believe it's Bohemia, asylum, or ddos that causes these problems is irrelevant. The server performance does the most damage to the communitys mentality and of course it's population.

Secondly, I never get shitty frames. It's 2018 get a good pc this game came out like 5 years ago.

On a side note I rarely go into towns, I don't see a reason. I enjoy a bit of rp in the game from time to time but I see losing my 30k+ loadout as too big of a risk to get some roleplay. I've been playing for 3 years now man. If you want to enjoy the game to the fullest extent I would tell you to get a group of friends or join a gang and try other shit.

Edited by Steve
Penguin_, JAY1HP and Bag Of Funyuns like this
Just now, Steve said:

For starters what's killing asylum is poor server performance followed by lack of new content. Whether you believe it's Bohemia, asylum, or ddos that causes these problems is irrelevant. The server performance does the most damage to the communitys mentality and of course it's population.

Secondly, I never get shitty frames. It's 2018 get a good pc this game came out like 5 years ago.

On a side note I rarely go into towns, I don't see a reason. I enjoy a bit of rp in the game from time to time but I see losing my 30k+ loadout as too big of a risk to get some roleplay. I've been playing for 3 years now man. If you want to enjoy the game to the fullest extent I would tell you to get a group of friends or join a gang and try other shit.

#steve4ACM

assistant community manager

Edited by JAY1HP
Just now, JAY1HP said:

#steve4ACM

assistant community manager

I highly doubt they want anything to do with me in a staff position. I'm really not toxic but I think I voice my opinion in an honest way that I have seen our developers not exactly enjoy. Aside from that I wouldn't want a staff position if my opinion had to be silenced or even altered in anyway to keep said position. I'm sure you say that as a meme, but others seem to say similar stuff in a half serious way.

Just now, Steve said:

I highly doubt they want anything to do with me in a staff position. I'm really not toxic but I think I voice my opinion in an honest way that I have seen our developers not exactly enjoy. Aside from that I wouldn't want a staff position if my opinion had to be silenced or even altered in anyway to keep said position. I'm sure you say that as a meme, but others seem to say similar stuff in a half serious way.

I enjoy your feedback! 

I enjoy everyone's feedback. 

Just now, Steve said:

It’s time for a new era of cartel fighters. 

Steve likes this

The BH rules and mechanics definitely need some changing because the OP makes a good point about beginners being driven away by encounters like that. A simple change to server rules would be that they can only rob them and then put a demand to the APD for hostage negotations for RP purposes. If there's no RP going on, then let them go.

One function of BH that should be changed to accommodate this is that the talent to be able to strip people of gear should be lowered to beginner level allowing anyone to rob you of your gear if they hold a BH license and just make the robbery charge for BH steep allowing the APD to remove your license + gun if you have a robbery on your list of charges. Of course no change will ever happen because lets get real this is Asylum. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

The BH rules and mechanics definitely need some changing because the OP makes a good point about beginners being driven away by encounters like that. A simple change to server rules would be that they can only rob them and then put a demand to the APD for hostage negotations for RP purposes. If there's no RP going on, then let them go.

One function of BH that should be changed to accommodate this is that the talent to be able to strip people of gear should be lowered to beginner level allowing anyone to rob you of your gear if they hold a BH license and just make the robbery charge for BH steep allowing the APD to remove your license + gun if you have a robbery on your list of charges. Of course no change will ever happen because lets get real this is Asylum. 

You can log out after 10 minutes I mean that's what I've always done.

3 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Farmersville cunts don't deserve RP.  You guys throw chances of that out the door when u just hide in your house all day, Shooting anyone and everyone...

Cop 1: hey, we have guys shooting from a house in kavala

Higher up: farmersville?

Cop 1: yeah

Higher up: lethals authorized.

You just proved right there the APD are not who you should go to for RP, 99% of you are money hungry cunts 

... likes this
3 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

Scenario 2...

Cop 1: hey, we have 5 cops and a bunch of civs kidnapped in a house in kavala.  Can we have an Lt. to raid?

Lt: Farmersville?

Cop 1: yeah, I think so...

Lt: Nope.  Not coming...

Farmersville are destroying the server. You get put in a house for a very long time, or you get shot by pistol bangers from their house. This happens every single day. They’re ruining the concept of rp. That’s a fact

Edited by Yosef
Just now, E4^ said:

You just proved right there the APD are not who you should go to for RP, 99% of you are money hungry cunts 

Not really. If you get popped from the same house every single day, by the same people, who keep respawning and kidnapping civs and cops just to keep them in there for a very long time, with no rp’ing whatsoever, you couldn’t expect less from the cops than to lethal.

skimancole likes this
Just now, Yosef said:

Not really. If you get popped from the same house every single day, by the same people, who keep respawning and kidnapping civs and cops just to keep them in there for a very long time, with no rp’ing whatsoever, you couldn’t expect less from the cops than to lethal.

I watch the cops, i dont play with farmersville, but when i bh, all i see is cops camping there houses, its quite a joke tbh.

47 minutes ago, E4^ said:

In regards to farmersville, we gave up on trying to RP.

So many times, I've witnessed cops try to initiate RP from the street and magically get pistol banged from the second floor.

The 1 time I got kidnapped by farmersville.  I RP'd.  I complied, and I died.  Their main goal to cop kidnapping is flashback stripping.  And if the cop or civ acts salty, THEN they keep them there for a while...

Edited by cHIP ōTLE
Just now, cHIP ōTLE said:

In regards to farmersville, we gave up on trying to RP.

So many times, I've witnessed cops try to initiate RP from the street and magically get pistol banged from the second floor.

The 1 time I got kidnapped by farmersville.  I RP'd.  I complied, and I died.  Their main goal to cop kidnapping is flashback stripping.  And if the cop or civ acts salty, THEN they keep them there for a while...

Dont be salty

dont be cunts

dont be retards

main ways for rebels to let you go, just fucking comply

cHIP oTLE likes this
Just now, Penguin_ said:

No more like the people who don’t know how to do that bullshit and just come to fight. Not afraid to pull ifrits and WANTS to fight.

Just now, ChicoXL said:

None of those around these parts of asylum anymore

^

those guys left long ago

you are apart of the new wave of cartel players, were instead of pulling ifrits yall pull plugs and instead of hitting othet ifrits with your own yall hit each other offline

ChicoXL likes this
9 hours ago, Yosef said:

Farmersville are destroying the server. You get put in a house for a very long time, or you get shot by pistol bangers from their house. This happens every single day. They’re ruining the concept of rp. That’s a fact

Don’t worry bag of funon was or still is banned for rdm 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Farmersville/Bamboo union wouldn’t be much of an issue if their gang House wasn’t protected by being so close to kavala square.... @bamf @Gnashes @Mitch (IFRIT) 

Honestly this. Whats the fucking reason of having indestructible houses at the square. This is literally just setting up people to constantly terrorize the square with no consequences.