Feedback to the community - Why is the server dying?

1 hour ago, 2guns Pablo said:

duds, we jus want ur gear. if we say drop ur vest or drop ur gun then do it. if u comply then u get let go lol. u just never comply. comp gear costs legit 1/6 the price of rebel gear, dont be upset if u need to drop it to get let go.

legit 1/6? 

what about an illegitimate 1/6? like perhaps, 1/3? a more accurate figure?

unless your loadout costs 80k, my loadouts definitely don't cost a sixth of yours.

The game mode and arma 3 itself are nearing the end of their respective life cycles. Players are board, they move on...although some reimaging of certain asylum mechanics and roles and parts of the experience would help to freshen things up again, its not like the active population is going to magically explode all over again....

On 3/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, cHIP ōTLE said:

In regards to farmersville, we gave up on trying to RP.

So many times, I've witnessed cops try to initiate RP from the street and magically get pistol banged from the second floor.

The 1 time I got kidnapped by farmersville.  I RP'd.  I complied, and I died.  Their main goal to cop kidnapping is flashback stripping.  And if the cop or civ acts salty, THEN they keep them there for a while...

I’m gonna be straight here. Most cops, including myself, have pretty much refused to drop ANYTHING for farmersville because even if we do rp we always die. Also if we do drop items, then this behavior of kidnapping us over and over and over again will continue and fuck that :( 

Maybe yall can try a different strategy as currently most cops have given up RP’ing with y’all and tab out to Netflix or YouTube  when kidnapped by y’all... 

at this point its over I really don't see many people ever coming back to asylum, hell the only reason I am on here today is because of nostalgia. Back in 2015 it was a whole different show. The lag and lack of updates do kill the server, but I think that for a lot of people they have gotten tired of the same bullshit not only Rebels but also cops. Its like having a new car and loving that smell but at some point it has to go away.

Just now, Jamal said:

at this point its over I really don't see many people ever coming back to asylum, hell the only reason I am on here today is because of nostalgia. Back in 2015 it was a whole different show. The lag and lack of updates do kill the server, but I think that for a lot of people they have gotten tired of the same bullshit not only Rebels but also cops. Its like having a new car and loving that smell but at some point it has to go away.

As you said yourself by giving a good example of a new car that the smell of the new car goes away i would like to say that its pretty much the same thing for a lot of games.Granted some games like Rainbow Six which is somewhat an old game keep their community with it even today and people still enjoy it as the devs team work hard on updates and fixes maybe just like CSGO.

But you gotta understand how old arma has been and your love for the game slowly fades away as you keep playing it .Bohemia itself has many bugs to fix but they themselves are not getting the incentives to upgrade their game just because their sale for the game is really low so its kinda pointless.Back to your point about asylum devs not working on updates and all.Yes i agree that for a period of time there were no or less updates BUT the current position is better than few months back and currently Bamf and Gnashes are working on updates and its getting better.So lets appreciate them for their work.Remember they have their own lives too.

On conclusion i would say that the state of laggy and crashing servers is slowly getting better and if updates keep rolling by i would still enjoy and continue to play on Asylum and arma in general.Maybe its just me.

also i'd hope you would of realized how much we spend on grenades on a weekly basis. also no we dont give a fuck about your flangbangs lol. when you don't drop your black mx's the only thing we can get is the p07s and flashbangs. how many times have we raided hq with RGNs? never. how many times have we raided hq with RGOs? if a time that this took place weighed 5 pounds than i can say a literal fuck tonne amount of times.

On 3/15/2018 at 4:27 AM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

The BH rules and mechanics definitely need some changing because the OP makes a good point about beginners being driven away by encounters like that. A simple change to server rules would be that they can only rob them and then put a demand to the APD for hostage negotations for RP purposes. If there's no RP going on, then let them go.

One function of BH that should be changed to accommodate this is that the talent to be able to strip people of gear should be lowered to beginner level allowing anyone to rob you of your gear if they hold a BH license and just make the robbery charge for BH steep allowing the APD to remove your license + gun if you have a robbery on your list of charges. Of course no change will ever happen because lets get real this is Asylum. 

Making stripping gear a bottom level talent is a terrible idea...

Just now, 2guns Pablo said:

instead of getting a random bounty 14km away make it so you can choose ur bounties.

That would make BH the main income and do it more op than it is.You need to hunt your bounties hence "hunter".

Just now, zerelos said:

As far as the BH problem goes... just allow BH’s to issue citations so people pay a fine and give the BH honor for it.  Usually BH’s turn people in because its hard to find bounties in the first place and it takes alot of honor to level BH skills.

i need 85k for 3 talents to complete crusader, its a lot i know mate.

zerelos likes this
  • 2 weeks later...