How to make website for gaming ?

robertjow

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

The more info you give, the more you get out of it yourself?

A website can be made from a video tutorial, the domain providers tools, etc.

What do you mean by "gaming"?

Hey Henry thanks for the reply I need to make a site which can use as in gaming like zapak gaming site?

If you don't know how to code HTML you could use an online web design platform like wix.com or for free with weebly. 

If you know how to code you can use an IDE like Adobe Dreamweaver. You may need to watch a few YouTube tutorials to help you,  when you are finished there are simple hosting services you can pay for in order to host the website. 

Silver-Spy likes this

Hey robert im a developer I do basic developing you are asking a very tough job and just tell you the truth you cant make that kind of site by your self it is really hard to develop these kinds of site trust me I have been there done that. you need to take help from a reputed company which offers website development or and expert Coder that knows custom web development.

robertjow likes this
Just now, BioHazard said:

If you don't know how to code HTML you could use an online web design platform like wix.com or for free with weebly. 

If you know how to code you can use an IDE like Adobe Dreamweaver. You may need to watch a few YouTube tutorials to help you,  when you are finished there are simple hosting services you can pay for in order to host the website. 

Bro Bio, im a beginner in development and I only can make a website with Wix and some platform which does not offer coding.   

BioHazard likes this
Just now, glessc said:

Hey robert im a developer I do basic developing you are asking a very tough job and just tell you the truth you cant make that kind of site by your self it is really hard to develop these kinds of site trust me I have been there done that. you need to take help from a reputed company which offers website development or and expert Coder that knows custom web development.

I agree but how can I trust anyone with for building a site may they can ditch me and scam me? 

Just now, robertjow said:

I agree but how can I trust anyone with for building a site may they can ditch me and scam me? 

You can just make sure it's a reputable company as some people make a living out of designing websites not all are scams. 

Your best bet is to just use a nice online web designer and then download the flash files of the games you want to add its pretty much fool proof. 

Just now, robertjow said:

Can anyone help me on making a gaming website?

You should be more in-depth as to what you are looking for in a website. PHP is completely open source on the internet, it'll be very easy for you to learn. Don't believe anything you see about "Learn PHP in 15 minutes!" cause no programming language will be easy to pick up that fast. However, if you know one language you will be able to pick others up fairly quickly. I suggest using http://www.learn-php.org/ if you are interesting in web development as well as https://www.w3schools.com/css/ to see how exactly things will turn out. The second website is similar to http://www.learncpp.com/ if you are interested in picking C++ up as a language.

Silver-Spy likes this

So here's what I did when I made a few websites @robertjow:

1. https://www.namecheap.com/

- Bought my domain name and hosted it off this company for something like 4-12$ a year.

2. Learned basic HTML from some of the free sources out there like: CodeAcademy, W3Schools, e.t.c

- Once you get the basics down you can look at documentation on your own to figure things out or if you have disposable money I HIGHLY , HIGHLY recommend you get a PluralSight subscription (30$ a month) and take some courses on that.

3. Once you understand the basics you should learn Bootstrap

- This is a library that does a lot of the ugly tedious things for you and makes your web page a lot easier on the eyes for a fraction of the work.

4. When you do the actual coding you will be using something like Github to store your code that namecheap will route and host the webpage from.

- I recommend you use github desktop or something you can type your code in and see instant changes on. The reason being when you make changes on github sometimes there instant and sometimes they take several minutes to change and you dont want to be thinking your code is incorrect when it actually is.

Building a website is a very easy process - especially if you take the time to learn bootstrap. None of the code is hard and you don't need to pay someone to make a simple gaming website for you. All it takes is a little bit of your free time and probably maybe a one time investment of 5-35$ depending on how indepth you want to learn.

Let me know if anything wasn't clear

Edited by Sugarfoot
Kev 23, Tyler :D and Silver-Spy like this
On 3/26/2018 at 8:55 PM, robertjow said:

haha no no, trust me many people do this but you have to research first if you are taking help from someone there are many website experts who can help you out even I can help you in basic development try to take the idea in website cost calculator then try the web development experts they have really great reviews.

Just now, glessc said:

haha no no, trust me many people do this but you have to research first if you are taking help from someone there are many website experts who can help you out even I can help you in basic development try to take the idea in website cost calculator then try the web development experts they have really great reviews.

well, this is really nifty I could really use this kind experts help thanks GlessC and you told me that you can help me out too?

On 3/26/2018 at 10:21 PM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

+ those have dedicated community forums for website development. Asylum wasn’t the best place to ask. Use their resources, tools and community help.

I think Wix is pretty much a scam site I don't know why but I wanna build a site that provides in-game graphics in the website and I can't really make a site like that in Wix or WordPress.

Start with html-css. if u wanna make some cool things, use some PHP. 

The way to help u the most, set a goal (in this case the gaming website), and start building it. Website building is a 1 by 1 process, if u just start and keep googling whenever u know whatchuwanna build, but you don't know how. Ur gonna run into alot of struggles, ur website not being responsive, so u find bootstrap, trying to remember inputs so u start getting into _SESSION. 

It's a painfull experience when u start, but trust me u will learn the most this way.

Just now, wollie35 said:

Start with html-css. if u wanna make some cool things, use some PHP. 

The way to help u the most, set a goal (in this case the gaming website), and start building it. Website building is a 1 by 1 process, if u just start and keep googling whenever u know whatchuwanna build, but you don't know how. Ur gonna run into alot of struggles, ur website not being responsive, so u find bootstrap, trying to remember inputs so u start getting into _SESSION. 

It's a painfull experience when u start, but trust me u will learn the most is way.

On 26/03/2018 at 4:17 PM, robertjow said:

Can anyone help me on making a gaming website?

^ If you don't know HTML I suggest using code academy to learn the basics you can use notepad++ to practice also. 

Just now, BioHazard said:

^ If you don't know HTML I suggest using code academy to learn the basics you can use notepad++ to practice also. 

On top of this w3schools is pretty good for html css. 

As soon as u get the hang of html and css start with bootstrap, I hate frontend and bootstrap did al my work for me (frontend wise) 

Just in case ya don't know front end is design/what u see as a user/ backend is the functionality of the system

BioHazard likes this