Downing vs lethal damage

@Bikstok @Gnashes

Correct me if i'm wrong but downing rounds work like this:

Downing bullet hits for damage, if player would drop below 1 health with a downing bullet they get downed.

If this is true, do downing bullets do more damage than lethal ones?

I ask this because i just downed a couple of guys with one hit, unless they were all low health or i magically learned to aim for the head i don't understand how.

Beifang Ming and Innate like this
Just now, Midamaru said:

@Bikstok @Gnashes

Correct me if i'm wrong but downing rounds work like this:

Downing bullet hits for damage, if player would drop below 1 health with a downing bullet they get downed.

If this is true, do downing bullets do more damage than lethal ones?

I ask this because i just downed a couple of guys with one hit, unless they were all low health or i magically learned to aim for the head i don't understand how.

How can you down ppl with ur potato aim?

Edited by HomeTrlx
Beifang Ming likes this
if (_source != _unit && (_stunMag || (_curWep in ["SMG_02_F","hgun_P07_F","hgun_P07_snds_F"]))) then {
	if !(_projectile in ["GrenadeHand","mini_Grenade",""]) then {
		_hitDam = if (_hitBox == "") then { damage _unit } else { (_unit getHit _hitBox) };
		if (getDammage _unit >= 0.95 || (_hitDam + _damage >= 0.95)) then {
			_damage = 0;
			[_source] spawn life_fnc_handleDowned;
		};
	};
};

So basically you will be downed when taking damage from rubber bullets and one of the following statements is true:

• Your overall health is below or equal to 5%
  • Your overall health including the damage from the most recent hit is below or equal to 5%
  • Your hitbox including the damage from the most recent hit is below or equal to 5% (_unit getHit _hitBox + _damage >= 0.95)

I do wonder if the last one could possibly trigger some false positives. Would you normally die if one of your hitboxes was 100% damaged? Maybe @Gnashes can elaborate.

Edited by Bikstok

Don't mean to roast anyone and SORRY for the horrible quality but look at this, the shots that i did hit where 1 tap with a TRG. They probably had carrier plates and full health.

p.s. yes i did shoot more than once but i'm pretty sure those missed.

Maybe i gotta do some testing..

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, Bikstok said:

if (_source != _unit && (_stunMag || (_curWep in ["SMG_02_F","hgun_P07_F","hgun_P07_snds_F"]))) then {
		_hitDam = if (_hitBox == "") then { damage _unit } else { (_unit getHit _hitBox) };
			_damage = 0;
		};
	};
};

So basically you will be downed when taking damage from rubber bullets and one of the following statements is true:

• Your overall health is below 5%
  • Your overall health including the damage from the most recent hit is below 5%
  • Your hitbox including the damage from the most recent hit is below 5% (_unit getHit _hitBox + _damage >= 0.95)

I do wonder if the last one could possibly trigger some false positives. Would you normally die if one of your hitboxes was 100% damaged? Maybe @Gnashes can elaborate.

I just shot a TRG downing round on a tactical vest 100hp player, it did 24 damage.

ee055c56639d50f3146aa7cf584caf12.gif

Second shot on the same spot downed him (so would do more than 76 damage?)

5bcac68edd54ef99dee7c47359ef3832.gif

Just now, Midamaru said:

I just shot a TRG downing round on a tactical vest 100hp player, it did 24 damage.

ee055c56639d50f3146aa7cf584caf12.gif

Second shot on the same spot downed him (so would do more than 76 damage?)

5bcac68edd54ef99dee7c47359ef3832.gif

The vest absorbed most of the damage on the first hit. Second hit it barely provided any coverage (if any).

If you really want to test how damage works, I suggest using my scenario here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108256230

Midamaru likes this
Just now, |CaSpEr| said:

I did not try to ghost btw :P i was bugged so i had to soft log and i spawned in at lighthouse for some reason.

Hehe don't worry i didn't mean to 'expose'  or call you out or anything. Just put that in there because i thought of it at the moment. You explained it properly once in restrains :D

I'm just really suprised about the downing power of shitty weapons, makes bounty hunting definitly viable since combatlogging aint a issue either anymore.

Just now, Midamaru said:

Hehe don't worry i didn't mean to 'expose'  or call you out or anything. Just put that in there because i thought of it at the moment. You explained it properly once in restrains :D

I'm just really suprised about the downing power of shitty weapons, makes bounty hunting definitly viable since combatlogging aint a issue either anymore.

Yeah :P Thouse rubber bullets are powerful.

Midamaru likes this
59 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

_damage = 0;
		};
	};
};

• Your overall health is below or equal to 5%
  • Your overall health including the damage from the most recent hit is below or equal to 5%
  • Your hitbox including the damage from the most recent hit is below or equal to 5% (_unit getHit _hitBox + _damage >= 0.95)

I've learned a bit more about how handleDamage works since I last looked at it (fun fact, _damage reported by the EVH is prior damage + received damage). I may take a look at it over the weekend and rewrite some bits.

Honestly, it's likely doubling up the damage as "getHit" and _damage are probably double counted (i.e, the damage reported in _damage already contains the damage to the hitbox)