Change log 8.1.3

bamf

Just now, Snow- said:

1 month since last patch and we get a bunch of skins for vehicles most people don't drive, an APD skin that 95% of the APD force can't use, 2 bug fixes and some APD hats.

sweet.

I've worked 70-80 hours each week since the last patch. I apologize that I can't live up to your expectations.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Not really asylum related.. but more playing from Europe on US servers expecting a different outcome than lag.  Logic is something that escapes you Sean, I don't expect you to understand.

Lag isnt asylum related? And you say logic escapes me? Ohh dear. The majority of the player base is from Europe and the only lag people complain about is the genuine server lag thats been going on for like i dunno the past year give or take. Common sense is something that escapes your Clint, I dont expect you to understand.

thero, Kettles and Space like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Lag isnt asylum related? And you say logic escapes me? Ohh dear. The majority of the player base is from Europe and the only lag people complain about is the genuine server lag thats been going on for like i dunno the past year give or take. Common sense is something that escapes your Clint, I dont expect you to understand.

You quote me, but MISS the entire first part.

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Not really asylum related.. but more playing from Europe on US servers expecting a different outcome than lag.  Logic is something that escapes you Sean, I don't expect you to understand.

Here you go. God damn you're stupid.

ItsLego, CoryB and Silver-Spy like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

I've worked 70-80 hours each week since the last patch. I apologize that I can't live up to your expectations.

Maybe it's time to open up more access to contributors so they can get more meaningful work done? Because it seems like every time people cry about lack of updates we get the obligatory "I work 80 hours a week" or "maybe if I was paid I'd make more time for asylum" Because if you don't have the time to work on asylum why not allow others appropriate access so they can donate their time and skills for the betterment of asylum?

Kettles, Monster and HomeTrlx like this

I mean I had minor issues within the last year, but since they hired someone to fix a fuck-ton of scripts I’ve had 0 issues, great connection, great frames... and majority of players from Europe? I suppose I don’t have statistics but on weekends when I’m on all day into late night I see primarily Americans/Canadians... and the occasional European... I honestly cannot see how your argument makes sense considering the shit works great for me, but as stated... either live in Europe or NA, it’s common sense what will run best due to server location

Walt and ItsLego like this
Just now, [§] Alex said:

Maybe it's time to open up more access to contributors so they can get more meaningful work done? Because it seems like every time people cry about lack of updates we get the obligatory "I work 80 hours a week" or "maybe if I was paid I'd make more time for asylum" Because if you don't have the time to work on asylum why not allow others appropriate access so they can donate their time and skills for the betterment of asylum?

We have 4 contributors. One doesn't know code, one has had github access for 2 months or so, and the other two have had less communication with me than Paratus.

Just now, [§] Alex said:

Or said contributors could do whatever they want and shoot their work to devs for testing/see if it would get pushed out in a patch or not.... it’s called structure

Monster likes this
Just now, BioHazard said:

Damn I clicked on this expecting that rebel talent tree, always good to have ifrit skins but not what I was looking forward to. It's Asylum I guess I shouldn't have had such high hopes for development. But seriously, it took a month to add coloured ifrits? 

That was way over a month buddy

Kettles likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

We have 4 contributors. One doesn't know code, one has had github access for 2 months or so, and the other two have had less communication with me than Paratus.

Git access to the client mission file. No server files or database structure. It's sort of like trying to juggle while blindfolded, when you have no means of debugging code without implementing your changes into another framework and hoping they're somewhat compatible. Besides, I'm still waiting for that other thing :(

Monster, Frizzy, Scott and 2 others like this
Just now, Bikstok said:

Git access to the client mission file. No server files or database structure. It's sort of like trying to juggle while blindfolded, when you have no means of debugging code without implementing your changes into another framework and hoping they're somewhat compatible. Besides, I'm still waiting for that other thing :(

Contributors don't get server/DB access. That's just how that works.

I managed just fine with that level of access for ~8 months.

Just now, Gnashes said:

So one has access to github and the other 2 have very little communication. I feel like the lack of communication from the other 2 might be because they don't have github access?

Haych, FudgeR, TylerB and 1 other like this
Just now, Jake said:

I mean I had minor issues within the last year, but since they hired someone to fix a fuck-ton of scripts I’ve had 0 issues, great connection, great frames... and majority of players from Europe? I suppose I don’t have statistics but on weekends when I’m on all day into late night I see primarily Americans/Canadians... and the occasional European... I honestly cannot see how your argument makes sense considering the shit works great for me, but as stated... either live in Europe or NA, it’s common sense what will run best due to server location

I wouldnt call them minor at all. The guy who they hired fixed a tonne of stuff, no denying that, but its creeping back in bit by bit. Not nearly as bad as it was before but definitely noticeable at times. Majority was the wrong word to use at the time but a big chunk of the player base are from Europe and at one point during the major lag issues before the fix was the majority of the player base and the issues where not down to the location at all. Obviously people from Europe will have a completely different connection to the servers but when the problems occurred on the servers both US and EU had the same outcome so its not down to anyones location but more on the back end of the servers. you didnt get kicked before of where you where from but because of what was happening with the server. Now im talking about before the fixes but still problems are creeping back, not nearly as bad but noticeable.

Just now, Scott said:

The Sean/Clint banter that seems to occur on every patch notes makes me happy. Keep it up boys @Clint Beastwood @Sean That Irish Guy

I respect that.

I wouldnt call them minor at all. The guy who they hired fixed a tonne of stuff, no denying that, but its creeping back in bit by bit. Not nearly as bad as it was before but definitely noticeable at times. Majority was the wrong word to use at the time but a big chunk of the player base are from Europe and at one point during the major lag issues before the fix was the majority of the player base and the issues where not down to the location at all. Obviously people from Europe will have a completely different connection to the servers but when the problems occurred on the servers both US and EU had the same outcome so its not down to anyones location but more on the back end of the servers. you didnt get kicked before of where you where from but because of what was happening with the server. Now im talking about before the fixes but still problems are creeping back, not nearly as bad but noticeable.

I respect that.

I was trying to do an encore for @Scott

lol but on a serious note, not trying to bash you much, but I really do think location has something to do with it personally, I only have 20 DL speed yet when everyone was having DC issues (not denying that I had them) but I only DCd about a fifth as much as anyone I talked to... maybe my cornfield Internet is next gen? Who knows...