Change log 8.1.3

bamf

Just now, ColeGrain said:

pls explain how it is not asylum related if i can log onto a fucking Australian server and get better performance than i ever would on Asylum or get onto a damn RP server that has every texture and basic arma file altered or completely changed, based in the US and get no lag at all. It's literally Asylum.  

My joke wasn't Asylum related....

2 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Vehicle should be B_LSV_01_unarmed_F, not sure what bamf made it be in config 

The default prowler is green. Bamf's vehicleColorCfg entry doesn't have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th layer texture defined. I'll fix it.

["images\police_prowler.jpg","cop"]

to

["images\police_prowler.jpg","cop",_path + "02_black_CO.paa",_path + "03_black_CO.paa","adds_black_CO.paa"]

13 hours ago, Gnashes said:

I've worked 70-80 hours each week since the last patch. I apologize that I can't live up to your expectations.

You're not the only one that works on the server. I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming the collective asylum. I made a bug report a month ago with evidence and never even got a reply to it. Then you guys post this patch with a brand new cash grab for vehicles nobody uses, and some bug fixes which I would guarantee are a collective less than 20 lines of code. 

It just seems like nobody cares anymore. The community is slowly dying and you guys are letting it.

Boomerman likes this
Just now, Snow- said:

You're not the only one that works on the server. I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming the collective asylum. I made a bug report a month ago with evidence and never even got a reply to it. Then you guys post this patch with a brand new cash grab for vehicles nobody uses, and some bug fixes which I would guarantee are a collective less than 20 lines of code. 

It just seems like nobody cares anymore. The community is slowly dying and you guys are letting it.

Without generating an income the paid servers/services would have been offline, that would quickly kill the community.
The issue with the Asylum staff is that they don't properly communicate to the whole community. They do care, they do work on new content, bug fixes, player reports and more. These tasks require alot of their free time and the individuals in the staff don't always have that time. Family, work, social life, other hobbies take up time too. The most suggested fix for that is: "Find someone else to do it!" but even when they exhaust their own time and they hire a developer or accept contributors the community is not satisfied and never will be.

I simply respect all of the staff for giving me a server to spend thousands of hours on and have alot of fun. They made it possible (for free!) to be amongst this community and play on the server without being held back by any pay2win wall.

The community will die, most gaming communities do but i would never blame the staff for this. They aren't perfect, but no one is.

Cliff., Kev 23 and smellypig like this
Just now, »ウ« LilXan ™ said:

nah bro none of the keys are working for me only donation towards donor level

I'm able to get all the way through to where you would hit the pay button inside of PayPal.  Maybe try closing out your browser completely and then logging back in to My Asylum.  

Bronx likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

Without generating an income the paid servers/services would have been offline, that would quickly kill the community.
The issue with the Asylum staff is that they don't properly communicate to the whole community. They do care, they do work on new content, bug fixes, player reports and more. These tasks require alot of their free time and the individuals in the staff don't always have that time. Family, work, social life, other hobbies take up time too. The most suggested fix for that is: "Find someone else to do it!" but even when they exhaust their own time and they hire a developer or accept contributors the community is not satisfied and never will be.

I simply respect all of the staff for giving me a server to spend thousands of hours on and have alot of fun. They made it possible (for free!) to be amongst this community and play on the server without being held back by any pay2win wall.

The community will die, most gaming communities do but i would never blame the staff for this. They aren't perfect, but no one is.

Get out of here with your well reasoned post.

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

It has been made clear that Asylum is fine, financially. I feel that you are failing to bring up the fact that Arma 3 as a game is dying, not only the server. Additionally, it should be considered that Arma 3 should be experiencing an uptick in players due to the April 11th release of the Tanks DLC.

799b577abb88cbaeb848c360aca6bda2.png

Edited by Maric
Just now, Maric said:

It has been made clear that Asylum is fine, financially. I feel that you are failing to bring up the fact that Arma 3 as a game is dying, not only the server. Additionally, it should be considered that Arma 3 should be experiencing an uptick in players due to the April 11th release of the Tanks DLC.

799b577abb88cbaeb848c360aca6bda2.png

I don't believe Asylum would've been fine if it weren't for the crates, tons of money got pumped into it :D Some even paid over 200$ or even higher to get pilot coveralls haha

@bamf @Gnashes

Several things that are bugged/broken:

- Posting bail in prison does nothing, but keeps you in there until you relog. After that, you keep the same bounty.

- Buy signs and a few npcs are glitched (you have to go up real close and look below it or look higher for some)

-  Hatchbacks durability is really low (I hit a building going less than 10kph and the tire broke)

- When giving a pardon as Governor, it completely ignores whether you deny or accept it and pardons the person anyways.

- Jury duty is broken (thought it was working, tried it and it didn't work)

- Can access gas station (at least in kavala lol) from the street

d432f95fed232b4e9c6603e0733a6188.png

Edited by Bag Of Funyuns
Good Lub and TRYHARD like this
Just now, Bag Of Funyuns said:

- Buy signs and a few npcs are glitched (you have to go up real close and look below it or look higher for some)

-  Hatchbacks durability is really low (I hit a building going less than 10kph and the tire broke)

- Can access gas station (at least in kavala lol) from the street

Those are all Bohemia problems. Not much I can do to fix them.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Ive tried to go to peoples trials a few times and each time I go to courthouse I only have the option to pay bail. Not sure if its the same issue for you, just thought I would add to that.

Jury duty is definitely broken. which is a shame because the more poor civs tend to make decent money off of jury duty. might even be decent to consider buffing it to 3k for a trial.

Hotfix 1:

• UC cops can now buy a wide array of civilian vehicles.  These include civilian offroads, vans, hunters, orcas etc.  Rank requirements are the same for UC vehicles as their normal APD variants.  
  • UC cops can now buy vehicles skins found in loot crates if they have them unlocked.  I believe all the vans, orcas, etc should show up for you now if you have them unlocked on your account.  
  • The rotorlib requirement for the Taru has been removed.  
  • Vehicles with processed and unprocessed oil are too heavy to sling load.  
  • Governor pardons should not just auto-happen now, but instead should require your consent.  

Also, we checked into the jail issues related to paying bail etc.  Each time we tested it on live last night we were let out of jail.  We tested the "soft log" exploit as well, but were unable to reproduce it.  If you are able to reproduce either of these bugs please send in a bug report and tag @Gnashes or me here.  

Bazzajack, Innate, Kev 23 and 13 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Hotfix 1:

• UC cops can now buy a wide array of civilian vehicles.  These include civilian offroads, vans, hunters, orcas etc.  Rank requirements are the same for UC vehicles as their normal APD variants.  
  • UC cops can now buy vehicles skins found in loot crates if they have them unlocked.  I believe all the vans, orcas, etc should show up for you now if you have them unlocked on your account.  
  • The rotorlib requirement for the Taru has been removed.  
  • Vehicles with processed and unprocessed oil are too heavy to sling load.  
  • Governor pardons should not just auto-happen now, but instead should require your consent.  

Also, we checked into the jail issues related to paying bail etc.  Each time we tested it on live last night we were let out of jail.  We tested the "soft log" exploit as well, but were unable to reproduce it.  If you are able to reproduce either of these bugs please send in a bug report and tag @Gnashes or me here.  

its only if you get sent to jail by a bounty hunter most of the time @bamf

Just now, Biground said:

You just ruined unlimited pardons. I bet you are the type of person to ask the teacher if we turn in the homework right when class ends.

I've known about that bug for ages. It was just always too low on my list of give a shits.