Change log 8.1.3

bamf

On 4/11/2018 at 7:12 PM, Bikstok said:

Git access to the client mission file. No server files or database structure. It's sort of like trying to juggle while blindfolded, when you have no means of debugging code without implementing your changes into another framework and hoping they're somewhat compatible. Besides, I'm still waiting for that other thing :(

I'd give you a chance <3. Only because you were gonna give me a chance in Synergy. :)

Edited by Jesse
Just now, Draoth said:

Fix cargo vans. No one can get in the back anymore since the update. Also would be nice to have more colors for the cargo van :)

I'm sure that is on Bohemia. Van's were not changed in our patch. I'll get some official wording on that and maybe a feedback report for Bohemia.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold

Cops should have a much larger timer to respawn, this way they will value more their lives; not doing order No. 227-style warfare (endless waves of suiciders who use stupid and risky tactics to succeed). As well as crashing to redeploy, roleplaying not to get killed by rebels and everything else that is wrong with cops; this will make the game more fun to both cops and civilians.

Edit: The only reason this would not be helpful is if there is little cops which is almost never the case; maybe the more cops, the bigger the respawn timer? 

@Gnashes @bamf

Edited by Mr. Linux
bigjohn561 and McMuffin like this
Just now, Mr. Linux said:

Cops should have a much larger timer to respawn, this way they will value more their lives; not doing order No. 227-style warfare (endless waves of suiciders who use stupid and risky tactics to succeed).

Edit: The only reason this would not be helpful is if there is little cops which is almost never the case; maybe the more cops, the bigger the respawn timer? 

Could make it so cops spawn with only a Po7 so they are forced to gear before leaving the HQ. Just make the spar free in the shop

Mr. Linux, Good Lub and McMuffin like this

Cops should have a much larger timer to respawn, this way they will value more their lives; not doing order No. 227-style warfare (endless waves of suiciders who use stupid and risky tactics to succeed). As well as crashing to redeploy, roleplaying not to get killed by rebels and everything else that is wrong with cops; this will make the game more fun to both cops and civilians.

@Gnashes @bamf

Or maybe a forced 5-minute respawn timer unless defibbed. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Linux said:

@Gnashes @bamf

The issue (to me) is really the closer you are to a cop base, the more unfair their respawn timer seems to be.  I'll think about a mechanic to alleviate this some, but if you're far away from a cop base and having issues then the onus is on you to move away during a lull in the action.  

Mr. Linux likes this
Just now, bamf said:

The issue (to me) is really the closer you are to a cop base, the more unfair their respawn timer seems to be.  I'll think about a mechanic to alleviate this some, but if you're far away from a cop base and having issues then the onus is on you to move away during a lull in the action.  

From a cop viewpoint I think I can agree with tryhard’s solution, adds like an extra minute which makes it a bit more fair 

4 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

Could make it so cops spawn with only a Po7 so they are forced to gear before leaving the HQ. Just make the spar free in the shop

BioHazard likes this
10 hours ago, bamf said:

Kavala HQ is where the issue is worse: cops are camped on all sides and have 30 seconds to respawn and die again. This is frustrating for the rebels trying to rescue their friends and the cops that keep on getting slaughtered.

Make HQs >1km away from every city; like highway is to sofia. This way there will be less crap regarding spawn camping of the apd and cop spam, or make kavala hq surrounded by giant walls and add a respawn timer.

Kavala HQ is where the issue is worse: cops are camped on all sides and have 30 seconds to respawn and die again. This is frustrating for the rebels trying to rescue their friends and the cops that keep on getting slaughtered.

Make HQs >1km away from every city; like highway is to sofia. This way there will be less crap regarding spawn camping of the apd and cop spam, or make kavala hq surrounded by giant walls and add a respawn timer.

Kavala HQ is extremely easy to attack with a large amount of entrance points and is the HQ most often attacked. Many of the points where the cops spawn are also out in the complete open. That is why there is no respawn timer there and I think that many people will agree that it is fair. 

Just now, Scott said:

Kavala HQ is extremely easy to attack with a large amount of entrance points and is the HQ most often attacked. Many of the points where the cops spawn are also out in the complete open. That is why there is no respawn timer there and I think that many people will agree that it is fair. 

Or just don’t go to Kavala if you’re getting your shit kicked. Ez

Scott, bamf, Frizzy and 1 other like this
Just now, Scott said:

It would be a better and a fair fight if the HQ was less exposed and the cops had respawn timer. It is not a matter of having skills to kill the waves of cops, its the fact that does not make it fun.

The fact that kavala hq is very easy to attack is bad thing.

Yesturday, for example, my friend killed 4 cops in kavala hq with an SDAR. He wiped the entire HQ in 20 seconds. He grabbed me and started heading towards the gate to save me when a cop that was killed first spawned right behind him and downed him. Is that fair? where is the fun in that.

Edited by Mr. Linux

It would be a better and a fair fight if the HQ was less exposed and the cops had respawn timer. It is not a matter of having skills to kill the waves of cops, its the fact that does not make it fun.

The fact that kavala hq is very easy to attack is bad thing.

Yesturday, for example, my friend killed 4 cops in kavala hq with an SDAR. He wiped the entire HQ in 20 seconds. He grabbed me and started heading towards the gate to save me when a cop that was killed first spawned right behind him and downed him. Is that fair? where is the fun in that.

If its not fun for you don't do it, Don't ruin the game for other people cause you can't be bothered to fuck off from a HQ.

Frizzy likes this
Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

If its not fun for you don't do it, Don't ruin the game for other people cause you can't be bothered to fuck off from a HQ.

Saving someone from a police hq should be a valid thing, but with cops just respawning behind you, its 10x more frustrating. Its not harder, its FRUSTRATING and NOT FUN.

Edited by Mr. Linux

Go get a group, Its not supposed to be easy.

With a group cops get spawned camped. Is that supposed to be the best way?

Wouldnt it be better if cops had a chance to survive a group attack without resorting to kamikaze tactics?

80% of the time the HQ in kavala gets attacked by an organized group they get snipped from castle until they leave kavala.

Edited by Mr. Linux

With a group cops get spawned camped. Is that supposed to be the best way?

Wouldnt it be better if cops had a chance to survive a group attack without resorting to kamikaze tactics?

80% of the time the HQ in kavala gets attacked by an organized group they get snipped from castle until they leave kavala.

u stupid?

So you're saying if you're with a group and respawn timer is upped that you suddenly won't spawn camp if you're still there and they respawn?

u stupid?

So you're saying if you're with a group and respawn timer is upped that you suddenly won't spawn camp if you're still there and they respawn?

Im saying that with a better HQ spawn camping would be harder and not necessary to save someone. 

u stupid?

11 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

4. Neck

22 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Neck

Sincerely Me..

It's so good when serious discussions tend to have such constructive and unaggressive comments like the ones you've been enforcing lately - just because your opinion diverges from someone else's.

Saving someone from a police hq should be a valid thing, but with cops just respawning behind you, its 10x more frustrating. Its not harder, its FRUSTRATING and NOT FUN.

It actually should not be thing at all.  The fact you can walk right into a holding area with 0 resistance is 100% unrealistic.  You want to rescue your friend with the best chance to get away do so in transit.