Is Asylum dying?

So I recently came across a video on how this big and growing game died. That game was just like all of the servial games but there was something unique about it. Everyone loved the community and it kept growing and growing. The developers were on top of the bugs and would fix them right away. Once people started to get used to the game and do all the game had to do people started to get bored but still stuck around to see what was coming. The staff promised amazing updates and all these great things. People were waiting, and waiting for it to come and then people become tired of waiting and left, only a few people left when the toxic kids started to come into the game and then the game basically died. So the point of me saying this is not to diss Asylum because I love Asylum but I can’ see that it’s slowly dying. People are starting to leave Asylum because they want new things to work forward and I get that the developers have other things to do but I think that if they listened to the community more that it would be easier on their part. The reason I wrote all this is because I want Asylum to keep succeeding and growing. If you read this far thank you.  

Edited by WilliamIsa
jeans and Tiny Cox like this
17 minutes ago, WilliamIsa said:

So I recently came across a video on how this big and growing game died. That game was just like all of the servial games but there was something unique about it. Everyone loved the community and it kept growing and growing. The developers were on top of the bugs and would fix them right away. Once people started to get used to the game and do all the game had to do people started to get bored but still stuck around to see what was coming. The staff promised amazing updates and all these great things. People were waiting, and waiting for it to come and then people become tired of waiting and left, only a few people left when the toxic kids started to come into the game and then the game basically died. So the point of me saying this is not to diss Asylum because I love Asylum but I can’ see that it’s slowly dying. People are starting to leave Asylum because they want new things to work forward and I get that the developers have other things to do but I think that if they listened to the community more that it would be easier on their part. The reason I wrote all this is because I want Asylum to keep succeeding and growing. If you read this far thank you.  

You talk about toxic kids yet you where crying like a bitch yesterday because you thought explaining your charges got rid of your ticket then cried for a higher up followed by "see ya on the forums". Hush.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You talk about toxic kids yet you where crying like a bitch yesterday because you thought explaining your charges got rid of your ticket then cried for a higher up followed by "see ya on the forums". Hush.

First of all, what does that have to do with anything about what I said Second of all I was lethaled for no reason AND I wasn't "crying" about not getting rid of my ticket I was "Crying" because I was issued a full ticket so please don't try to pull that on me.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You literally said "Im an undercover FBI agent and thats why i robbed the fed, prison and bank" and failed/died each time. Then cried robocop when no one believed you. :shrug:

Hmm that's sounds like something a robot would say :thinking:

Well Arma has been dying for a long time, it still has its charm but new games simply grab the players. I have been playing on Asylum for more than 5 years now and no one is more sad to see it go than me.. but all great must come to an end. Server 2 and 3 are both lost, but i recon that a single server can go on for a year or so. Asylum was and always will be great.

P.S Stay the fuck away from Olympus you fucking traitors 

P. S. S WHAT REALLY KILLED ASYLUM IS WAITING FOR COMP FOR 5 DAYS AND NEVER GETTING SOMEONE TO LOOK AT YOUR BAN APPEAL, SHOULD HAVE HIRED ME AS AN ADMIN. DREDD DID NOTHING WRONG. ALSO FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK IDENTITY

Donald, Walt and Aether like this
Just now, WilliamIsa said:

Hmm that's sounds like something a robot would say :thinking:

oh dayum sean you got burned! SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SITSIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT

Edited by Tony.
WiIIiam and Walt like this
Just now, Clay Teller said:

Well Arma has been dying for a long time, it still has its charm but new games simply grab the players. I have been playing on Asylum for more than 5 years now and no one is more sad to see it go than me.. but all great must come to an end. Server 2 and 3 are both lost, but i recon that a single server can go on for a year or so. Asylum was and always will be great.

P.S Stay the fuck away from Olympus you fucking traitors 

P. S. S WHAT REALLY KILLED ASYLUM IS WAITING FOR COMP FOR 5 DAYS AND NEVER GETTING SOMEONE TO LOOK AT YOUR BAN APPEAL, SHOULD HAVE HIRED ME AS AN ADMIN. DREDD DID NOTHING WRONG. ALSO FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK IDENTITY

Ya, you an og

I mean it is dying they got rid of server 5, 2, and soon 3.

its because less people are playing the game even if your loyal you wont keep playing a game thats very old in 10 years from now you wont be playing arma at all

Just now, Bralls said:

its because less people are playing the game even if your loyal you wont keep playing a game thats very old in 10 years from now you wont be playing arma at all

That's true but its still dying and getting old and I've only played for about a year.

As someone who has played a lot of Altis Life for many years and who recently came back to play on the Asylum servers, I can say that the moderation of the servers has a lot to do with it. Seal Team Sloth had a great group of admins for a while and it was a blast to play on their servers. I think one of the biggest aspects of their moderation was that they protected the new players. In Asylum I see a lot of cops protecting rich gang members and letting the regular civs fend for themselves which basically makes the game unplayable unless you want to just run around screaming in Kavala. And it basically seems that if you say, "hands up or die" you can basically kill on sight without waiting a moment.

The following reports from the last couple of days resulted in no action taken: (note that the RDM is at the end of the video so you may want to skip)

Edited by Pharoah
grammar
14 minutes ago, Pharoah said:

As someone who has played a lot of Altis Life for many years and who recently came back to play on the Asylum servers, I can say that the moderation of the servers has a lot to do with it. Seal Team Sloth had a great group of admins for a while and it was a blast to play on their servers. I think one of the biggest aspects of their moderation was that they protected the new players. In Asylum I see a lot of cops protecting rich gang members and letting the regular civs fend for themselves which basically makes the game unplayable unless you want to just run around screaming in Kavala. And it basically seems that if you say, "hands up or die" you can basically kill on sight without waiting a moment.

The following reports from the last couple of days resulted in no action taken: (note that the RDM is at the end of the video so you may want to skip)

RDM is against the rules, admins will ban if you report people for it. They can't prevent it, other servers can't either.

I'm not sure what you mean with cops protecting rich gang members?

The most server rule breaking probably happens in kavala, it's a shithole that can't be fixed. We always advice new players to leave that place asap.

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, Midamaru said:

RDM is against the rules, admins will ban if you report people for it. They can't prevent it, other servers can't either.

I'm not sure what you mean with cops protecting rich gang members?

The most server rule breaking probably happens in kavala, it's a shithole that can't be fixed. We always advice new players to leave that place asap.

I mean the moderation is a little corrupt. I was in a game the other day when one of my gang members blew up an admin and like 4 officers and god banned even though we were still initiated on them he got banned but if that happened to anyone else they wouldn’t have cared.

I mean the moderation is a little corrupt. I was in a game the other day when one of my gang members blew up an admin and like 4 officers and god banned even though we were still initiated on them he got banned but if that happened to anyone else they wouldn’t have cared.

I can't judge on either that was wrong or justified by the admin, they make those decisions. We do have an appeal system and a community manager you could reach out in such situations. Suchs things can always happen but i don't think our staff generally is corrupt at all. Admins i've been friends with have never shown any kind of abusive behaviour of their powers. But like with all things, people can make mistakes :)

7 hours ago, Pharoah said:

Both videos weren't RDM.

In the first one he told you to sing the British national anthem and you started singing the American one.

In the second one the video was not only too short, but the guy also initiated through direct chat, telling you to get up and that it was a robbery, which resulted in him killing you as you just sat on the ground.

Nubis likes this
2 hours ago, McMuffin said:

In the first one he told you to sing the British national anthem and you started singing the American one.

So if someone demands that I say, "I love you," in Swahili and I don't do it in 2 seconds, then they can kill me? I don't think that that kind of reasoning is consistent with the concept of what is broadly understood to be role playing.