Is Asylum dying?

Just now, Mank said:

Arma itself has been dying, it's an old game running a shitty engine. Bohemia fucked most servers over about the donating thing years ago, making running these servers expensive with a lot less money going into maintaining them.

Yea wonder is arma 4 will bring it back

On 4/17/2018 at 5:29 PM, WilliamIsa said:

Hmm that's sounds like something a robot would say :thinking:

I agree with Sean. Try to stick to stories that have some basis in reality and you’ll get further with cops then some dumbass story you made up on the fly, just sayin :shrug:

also if a cop doesn’t believe your story it’s 100% okay for them to give you a full ticket. That what I do for bullshit stories. You want a reduced ticket, work for it. It worked catching you, now it’s your turn. 

Jonesy and Kate like this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

I agree with Sean. Try to stick to stories that have some basis in reality and you’ll get further with cops then some dumbass story you made up on the fly, just sayin :shrug:

also if a cop doesn’t believe your story it’s 100% okay for them to give you a full ticket. That what I do for bullshit stories. You want a reduced ticket, work for it. It worked catching you, now it’s your turn. 

Your a little late this happened two days ago and also I know how the apd works.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 3:14 PM, McMuffin said:

Both videos weren't RDM.

In the first one he told you to sing the British national anthem and you started singing the American one.

In the second one the video was not only too short, but the guy also initiated through direct chat, telling you to get up and that it was a robbery, which resulted in him killing you as you just sat on the ground.

1) is not rdm

2) is rdm

the second one, it was not long enough which is why it got denied, but its rdm because he sayed to get up trouth chat, needs to be trought voice, and I higly dout he was iniated with the three of you before the incident since none of you were in a group

On 4/17/2018 at 11:04 AM, Azeh said:

Has been dying for years, just slowly. For the most part, Asylum has a very loyal community that has been fucked over numerous times. 

Sometimes I stare at a blank Asylum's forums text box trying to think about how I could rant about the problems in this community, but that sums it up in literally two sentences.

I've been playing on this German exile server and I think they are doing so well because they listen to their community and they are totally transparent about everything other then what must be kept confidential. Frankly those goofs barely seem to understand the game at all and they are fucking booming. It makes me wonder where Asylum could be if we had more of what they have.

RobiN_ likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Sometimes I stare at a blank Asylum's forums text box trying to think about how I could rant about the problems in this community, but that sums it up in literally two sentences.

I've been playing on this German exile server and I think they are doing so well because they listen to their community and they are totally transparent about everything other then what must be kept confidential. Frankly those goofs barely seem to understand the game at all and they are fucking booming. It makes me wonder where Asylum could be if we had more of what they have.

Amen brother

On 4/21/2018 at 0:18 PM, HotWings said:

Sounds like someone who has no imagination would make up.  I would have full ticketed that BS too

Lmao you don’t even know what your talking about you weren’t there, also it’s irrelevant to this so please if you have something to say anything then make it about asylum dying etc.

On 4/17/2018 at 11:49 AM, WilliamIsa said:

So I recently came across a video on how this big and growing game died. That game was just like all of the servial games but there was something unique about it. Everyone loved the community and it kept growing and growing. The developers were on top of the bugs and would fix them right away. Once people started to get used to the game and do all the game had to do people started to get bored but still stuck around to see what was coming. The staff promised amazing updates and all these great things. People were waiting, and waiting for it to come and then people become tired of waiting and left, only a few people left when the toxic kids started to come into the game and then the game basically died. So the point of me saying this is not to diss Asylum because I love Asylum but I can’ see that it’s slowly dying. People are starting to leave Asylum because they want new things to work forward and I get that the developers have other things to do but I think that if they listened to the community more that it would be easier on their part. The reason I wrote all this is because I want Asylum to keep succeeding and growing. If you read this far thank you.  

Luckily Identity will be out in only 10 years

On 4/22/2018 at 6:15 PM, WilliamIsa said:

Lmao you don’t even know what your talking about you weren’t there, also it’s irrelevant to this so please if you have something to say anything then make it about asylum dying etc.

If you think the lack of RP isnt contributing to Asylum dying youre most likely part of the problem.

Fried Rice likes this
On 4/18/2018 at 2:34 AM, Pharoah said:

As someone who has played a lot of Altis Life for many years and who recently came back to play on the Asylum servers, I can say that the moderation of the servers has a lot to do with it. Seal Team Sloth had a great group of admins for a while and it was a blast to play on their servers. I think one of the biggest aspects of their moderation was that they protected the new players. In Asylum I see a lot of cops protecting rich gang members and letting the regular civs fend for themselves which basically makes the game unplayable unless you want to just run around screaming in Kavala. And it basically seems that if you say, "hands up or die" you can basically kill on sight without waiting a moment.

The following reports from the last couple of days resulted in no action taken: (note that the RDM is at the end of the video so you may want to skip)

this is a robbery, GET UP.

Edited by Rosie
McMuffin likes this