Change log 8.1.4

bamf

Just now, Ben Flint ッ said:

Well just saying it's not the players fault, lol. shouldn't punish someone for doing something that is in the game.

You shouldn't punish someone for doing something that is not an intended mechanism that would break the economy? hmmmmmmm ok

To those who think the economy is already broken that is not the point of my post so you don't need to go off on your tangent again.

Just now, Ben Flint ッ said:

Well just saying it's not the players fault, lol. shouldn't punish someone for doing something that is in the game.

If it feels scummy, then it probably is though right?  Why would anyone go run meth when they can just stand at a vendor in a city with no risk and make 1000x more money.  

Abusing bugs (exploiting) in basically every game get people punished...

17 hours ago, Ben Flint ッ said:

If you think its normal to be able to buy for less you can sell for and make 100k in like 5mins and expect nothing to happen clearly you have no common sense.

Walt and bamf like this
On 4/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, Samus_Aran said:

The dog meat one does not seem like an exploit.  If the market buys cooked meat for a lot more than raw meat, then you're performing a for-profit service by cooking the meat.

It's because there is no such thing as "easy" money on Asylum.

Well maybe, but it won't be consistent.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:29 PM, Ben Flint ッ said:

ehh, i mean its capitalism. buy shit, and sell it for more. hell people buy barley from other people and sell the finished product for 10x the amount. Why should dog meat be any different?  You still have to buy it, take it out of town, cook (process) it, take it back, sell it at an rdm zone, all while risking the second most expensive charge in the game. people shouldnt banned for being smart enough to figure this out. Sure change the mechanics, but dont ban people for being smarter than you.

edit: well quoted the wrong person but you get the point.

Edited by Randy.
Leroy Jenkins likes this
Just now, Randy. said:

ehh, i mean its capitalism. buy shit, and sell it for more. hell people buy barley from other people and sell the finished product for 10x the amount. Why should dog meat be any different?  You still have to buy it, take it out of town, cook (process) it, take it back, sell it at an rdm zone, all while risking the second most expensive charge in the game. people shouldnt banned for being smart enough to figure this out. Sure change the mechanics, but dont ban people for being smarter than you.

edit: well quoted the wrong person but you get the point.

That was in the past, and the people in question were exploiting the fact that you didn't in fact have to leave town - so part of your statement is false.  The current thing you literally bought and then sold it back without having to move.  Clearly that was a bug that people were exploiting.  

Anyway, it's fixed now.  Moving on...

Patato and Sp0on like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Only thing about adding them is the amount they hold. Cant make them like walking box trucks on your back.

On olympus I think they only hold 20 slots more then carryall. I'd say making them hold 120 would be reasonable. They could be 1k or 1.5k a piece. Even then they are pretty balanced unless you have a ghillie suit.

TRYHARD likes this