Just now, JackH said:

there does need to be some benefit to fighting 20+ cops that are online you are right and the higher payouts based on cop numbers is a great idea 

Rebels need a good reason to fight cuz rn their really isnt one...

go to sleep 

Just now, Gnashes said:

>  Buy meth at 5am

> Sell meth at 10pm

????

PROFIT

(Yeah, probably not)

this is why me and gnashes need to have a beer together we think so alike (except i dont like anime)

Just now, Bikstok said:

Ideally you would want to affect the whole process of gathering, processing and selling instead of just the latter. Higher risk (more cops) should definitely yield a higher reward.

If the ability to “gather more product” via use of a multiplier system so:

these are just an example

base would always be 1.0

the variable C=cops

1 unprocessed coke x (1.0+(C0.127))

if 10 cops were on duty this would be 2.27 coke per successful pick

15 cops on duty would be 2.95 coke per pick

I do think my number of 0.127 should be adjusted by someone who actually sees the numbers like the devs/contributors

opinions? I could see this being a balance for both factions, higher risk higher reward for civs as well as more of a reason for cops to check illegal areas

Just now, Gnashes said:

>  Buy meth at 5am

> Sell meth at 10pm

????

PROFIT

(Yeah, probably not)

meth buy at 2100.

like even increasing it with more cops on wouldn't make a difference in terms of buying at 2100 and selling it. only way a player can abuse it is buy if of someone else

10 Cops - 1000 -  Minimum 

15 Cops - 1250

20 Cops - 1500 - Maximum

EDIT : i think the principle of his idea was, the amount of cops that are on, many civilians doing illegal actives will find it hard or complete.

Edited by Smee
Just now, Smee said:

meth buy at 2100.

Base price changes purchase and sale price. You cannot change one without changing the other. Not without completely rewriting the system anyway

Just now, Gnashes said:

Base price changes purchase and sale price. You cannot change one without changing the other. Not without completely rewriting the system anyway

For the amount of cops that are on ( around the US timezone ) it can be very challenging for those experienced and doing it in smaller runs, Fully understand that a system wont work without rewriting, but it is the amount of cops on that an illegal area should be searched say every 30 minutes to make it possible to complete

Just now, Gnashes said:

>  Buy meth at 5am

> Sell meth at 10pm

????

PROFIT

(Yeah, probably not)

Assume that such a change wouldn't happen only by changing the sell price. The buy price could be increased to a fix value to ensure that the sell price never exceeds the buy price at any point or the buy price of Meth could fluctuate proportionally with the amount of cops online.

1 hour ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

Make gas station robberies worth more for civs and for cops to stop them.

Maybe make an option to rob without a gun be the time it is now and a simple $2500 robbery charge, and make robberies with guns take like 60 sec with a 5k ARMED robbery charge, and make player robberies Armed robbery (still 5k)

13 minutes ago, Jake said:

If the ability to “gather more product” via use of a multiplier system so:

these are just an example

base would always be 1.0

the variable C=cops

1 unprocessed coke x (1.0+(C0.127))

if 10 cops were on duty this would be 2.27 coke per successful pick

15 cops on duty would be 2.95 coke per pick

I do think my number of 0.127 should be adjusted by someone who actually sees the numbers like the devs/contributors

opinions? I could see this being a balance for both factions, higher risk higher reward for civs as well as more of a reason for cops to check illegal areas

I can get behind this idea, except what to you do with the fractions? just round up and down?

Just now, Randy. said:

I can get behind this idea, except what to you do with the fractions? just round up and down?

Make it a “chance” to get product, I think the gang perk has a chance to receive double coke already, I’m not entirely sure how it would pan out but I’m sure the devs/someone who knows more code than me (I can only code smoke grenades to deploy on my AI’s ass to be Red/White/Blue lol) would be able to sort something out, but like I said I think the gang perk has something similar written but it is a solid percent chance where as this would require another variable - ie: the amount of cops on duty... if I knew more code than what the devs would label as child’s play I’d try to help and become a contributor, but all I have is my opinions and suggestions to offer lol

8 hours ago, Marzoh said:

For each cop that is on the server, the price of illegal activities go up. So lets say base price of meth is 1300 and 10 cops are on, the base price would be 2300. The price per cop doesn't have to be 100 it could 30 or whatever. There is some bugs about this but something you could think about.

bad idea.give you guys a way to make more profit when cops are on?and also the chance that they wouldn t check anything and just roam around for no reason ,we gotta consider that as well.why would you even consider this?the current prices are ok,at least from my point of view

Edited by LastKiller

No. there is so many things that can go wrong. People will abuse the buy/sell mechanic. Upon other things it makes no sense market wise. If you're trying to encourage more people to take on making drugs when cops are on then you're going to have to add more perks relating to collecting materials for drugs, there is already some. Making it faster using perks rather than turfs is a good step. People want to make money fast, but making it really fast, as in 30 for a full hemmit run of cocaine, is just hysterical. Maybe perks may fix a players incentive, probably not. Maybe it is prices need to be raised in general, probably by a $200-$600 margin. 

11 hours ago, Marzoh said:

For each cop that is on the server, the price of illegal activities go up. So lets say base price of meth is 1300 and 10 cops are on, the base price would be 2300. The price per cop doesn't have to be 100 it could 30 or whatever. There is some bugs about this but something you could think about.

So will drug prices be nerfed when no cops are on?