Just now, Glass of Water said:

Just picked up World of Warcraft with a couple friends of mine, bought the base game and all the dlcs, etc., 

Any advice for how to level quick/get good shit? I feel like I'm leveling slower than I should be, and every guide I can find for Warlocks is for lvl 110s

Thanks

@Midamaru

If recruiting a friend is still around you could do that, or you could boost to 110 for money, best way is to just level trough when its ur first time playing so you get to learn how the game works as youre leveling up. Other than that theres pretty much not any way to speed up leveling on a whole new account. For me leveling up for the first time was a great experience. Boosting your character to 110 without knowing anything about the game would probably be really hard, because you wont know where to start and the game doesn't do a great job telling you what to do or where to start.

Edited by CooperCream
Atra and Glass of Water like this

First character to 110 is gonna suck unless you get invested into the story. My advice is if you cant get into the story get the latest DLC and unlock your free 110. Then use them to make some gold (or buy some with a $20 token, one token will get you waaaay more then you need) and purchase an heirloom gear set. The heirloom gear set will level with you and each piece provides an XP bonus. Also if you want someone to play with HMU. I got 10 110's FML.

Edited by eragoon78

Just picked up World of Warcraft with a couple friends of mine, bought the base game and all the dlcs, etc., 

Any advice for how to level quick/get good shit? I feel like I'm leveling slower than I should be, and every guide I can find for Warlocks is for lvl 110s

Thanks

@Midamaru

Recruit a friend and see if one of your pals with the guild heirlooms will hook you up with some money. The heirlooms will boost your exp gain but like people have said the first 110 is the worst. You do get a free character boost when you pre-order the new DLCs so theres that at least. You could always message @Sandwich at https://www.twitch.tv/kremit he's really good at WoW and he was the one who carried me most of the time I played :P

Edited by Tyler
Sandwich likes this

Thanks

@Midamaru

You could probably also ask @Sandwich he streams Wow 

Icy-veins.com is going to be your friend or join a class discord. They just slowed down leveling by a significant amount but if you are leveling with friends and one of them is playing tank honestly just spam LFG and quest between ques, there is no down side to even doing this leveling solo since all the zones scale up dynamically.

Medi and RexProcer like this

Thanks

@Midamaru

So 100-110 the fastest way to level is to do invasions. The next fastest way that im aware of is through dungeons with an over geared friend. I could run you and your friends through some if youd like. Anything prior to 100 I couldn't tell you at this point as its been years since ive had to level anything under the current expansions.

As for guides icy veins is what everyone uses for the most part.

Source: I have I think 7 110's and 4 characters above 103 and thats how I level them.

Edited by Sugarfoot

If you'd like to get into the lore of the game and to understand what is all that is going on around you, I'd suggest starting with the chronicles. 

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/World-of-Warcraft-Chronicle-Vol-1/Full?id=106975

You can find most of the chronicles as E-books/audio books starting around $20 per, but here's the first book, free.

My advice: Be sure to READ the texts of dialogue of the quests, not just about the rewards you'll receive from them. The game is beautifully in-depth and passionate with the lore. If you pay attention to the quests and the reasons as to why you are doing them story-wise, you'll grow to be attached to certain characters/ subsequent stories of the game, much like a book. There are many, many major and minor plot lines and personalities in the game, enjoy them.

#2: Check the calendar as well, there are holiday/special events that occur for you to partake in, incredibly fun on the side when you're a little burnt out - children's week just started, visit the orphanage in Orgrimmar if horde or Stormwind if Alliance and play with some orphaned kids! Hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.

@Glass of Water Questing and dungeons is how you level up.

You can spam dungeons as a tank/healer or with a tank/healer (they give you a fast queue).

Questing is the alternative you can do it as any role and it's actually faster than dungeons but only if you know what to do.

What with significantly increase your leveling speed is heirlooms, they cost alot of gold so if you have a friend that has some spare that'd be nice.\

Heirlooms will help you all the way till lvl 100, from 100 you could buy dungeon boosts that will level you about 20% in 5mins but cost about 2-3k per run.

Whatever class or role you level as shouldn't matter, nor do the talents just use what feels good.

If you have any specific questions feel free to just ask here.

Edited by Midamaru

Spam dungeons with all of your friends you will get into them instantly since you have around 5 already. It is the fastest way to level up other than questing unfortunately. just play through and have an adventure :) I like to get high and quest get myself immersed in the lore while slaying alliance scum.