Gang Warfare for Police/APD

user38615

Image result for altis flag

The crime-stricken Republic of Altis & Stratis, particularly the capital City of Kavala, face increase violent crime day in and day out. The Altis Police Department or APD, stationed in Kavala, do not and can theoretically never have a qualified staff of police & SWAT officers to handle this crime due to the openness of criminal organizations versus the reasonably strict application process of the department. Due to this truth, tactics & strategy must be utilized for victory over crime.

Note: Some have (apparently) read this guide and found it encouraging lethal rounds or even RDM. It does not encourage rule-breaking in any way shape or form. And while I do speak to the benefits of lethality, I speak to what it costs. Which is why in some situations I've noted using lethal rounds is necessary. Please read the guide with the mind-set that the offensive intent I'm trying to recommend the APD won't kill RP opportunities, it'll discourage the criminal players from doing exactly what you're worried about... killing with minimal or no RP. Thank you.

Step 1, Acknowledge

The first step to winning the war on crime is acknowledging the simple truths.

• Crime will always exist so long as there is law. And law must exist for liberty, freedom, and pursuit of happiness of the Altian people.
  • The attractiveness of lawlessness, (freedom, money, power); will always be more beautiful than that of upholding the law (protection, helpfulness).
  • The only way to defeat crime is to control it. 

Step 2, Strategy for War

• Direct Action, limited scale raids on criminally-active organizations (Gangs) to remove money, weapons, and contraband from their resource pool.
  • Counter-Insurgency, criminals live among the civilian population. A network and protocol for active checkpoints, traffic stops, and patrols must be used to identify criminal threats.
  • Internal Defense, training and providing resources for the domestic population on defending themselves and their friends against criminal threats - especially violent ones.
  • Deter & Deflect, making criminal activity for money so dangerous and risky that individuals instead choose to find legal ways of making money or are at least less active criminals.
  • Role Reversal, utilizing the tactics criminals use successfully against the police on the criminals. Guerrilla warfare, insurgency, and surveillance. 
  • Special Reconnaissance, stealthy acquisition of geographical, tactical, and logistical information about the enemy and their activities.

The above are the 6 cornerstones of fighting gang warfare. I will go deeper into detail on all of them below before moving to our third and final step.

Direct Action

Utilizing teams of 4-6 "special" officers (ie. SWAT or SRT) to play offense. Assaulting gang headquarters, eliminating high-value targets, or acting as quick reaction forces to illegal activity outside of areas with a civilian populace. Minimal protocol restrict these officers and they are provided the best equipment the police department has to offer. Safeties off. Combining Direct Action with covert action that involves quiet, unreported, minimally documented; night-time raids will maximize the effect of Direct Action.

Counter-Insurgency

Criminals live among civilians and many even play the role as a part-time one... much like you. While many bad guys are labelled as "rebels" and wear clothing more identifiable to that label, criminals generally wear what everyone else is. With the exception of police uniforms. This is called insurgency. The difference here is criminals do not have the support of the population and their guerrilla tactics and ability to disguise themselves with society and tactically impossible to counter. The only way to battle those who are unconventional is to become unconventional.

• When driving, don't take the road.
  • When patrolling, don't make it clear you are on a patrol. Drive 300-600 meters out from the cocaine processing plant, then quietly move to a position to scan it.
  • When attacking the enemy, do so quickly, take prisoners or contraband, then immediately get the hell out of there as if you're expecting a reaction force. 

Role reversal will get more into how to insert yourself into the civilian populace to counter insurgency.

Internal Defense

The military will train foreign allied countries on how to defend themselves against aggressors. Domestically, police can do that as well. Providing information and training on firearms, self-awareness, advanced driving, and navigation can assist the population in avoiding criminals and defending themselves when they cannot. Being reactionary to crime will not stop crime, you must be proactive.

• Hold firearm classes with small groups of citizens to help increase their proficiency as well as their professional use of concealed carry.
  • Teach civilians how to travel so that they may avoid criminals and illegal activity.
  • Teach civilians self-awareness, the greatest weapon in anyone's toolbox, on how to spot a bad situation from a mile away and how to react.
  • Teach civilians the importance of their vehicles and how they can be used as a defense measure to get out of a bad situation and avoid criminal activity.

Deter & Deflect

Criminal activity can be deterred and deflected when thrown at an early stage. Taxation of criminal activities, empowering the police department, and the perception of a high-police presence.

• Tax contraband heavily.
  • Increase ticket payouts for illegal activity.
  • Empower police officers to be more lethal and make arrests with less paperwork. This can be done without infringing on the "rights" of citizens.
  • Make legal activities more profitable.

Role Reversal

The role of the criminal is to do bad. Kill, kidnap, grow-harvest-sell drugs; rob. Police must take off their uniforms, wield rifles, and take from criminals. Special environments must dictate police can kill first, ask questions second because in certain environments, where you are fighting more than just a drug dealer, you must be able to do that for survival. In red zones, illegal areas; police must be adept at engaging criminals from afar before those criminals even know where you are. Outside of non-permissible areas, police should have patrol periods with unmarked cars, civilian clothes, and concealed weapons.

Special Reconnaissance 

Special Reconnaissance is the gather of geographical, logistical, or tactical data in close proximity to the enemy while avoiding contact. Usually in small teams of 2-4, conducted by highly trained officers. The ideal situation is at night with drone assets or covertly inserted SWAT officers utilizing high-powered weapon scopes or binoculars. Recon on enemy headquarters, hideouts, as well as illegal areas where frequent raids, reaction forces, or raids will occur.

Step 3, DRIVE.

The adoption of a more aggressive rule-book and a more tactically-adept police force will initially send a criminal enterprise, organized or not, on its ass. It will recover even faster however, so the drive to continue must be present. This isn't morning motivation, its drive. You. Want. It. The goal is to break down the organization of crime to very, very small groups or individuals - that can be controlled and defended against even without an active police force.

I encourage the APD to reach out to me for more practical ways to adapt this guide. I have a lot of ideas and even more real exercises we can do, heavily influenced by the mil-sim side of the game that can work really well on the server.

Thank you,

- N.

Citation: 

http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/FMFRP 12-15 Small Wars Manual.pdf

https://www.socom.mil/about/sof-truths

https://www.socom.mil/FactBook/2018 Fact Book.pdf

https://www.socom.mil/about/core-activities

Edited by dmorrison2k
Added note.
Just now, ChicoXL said:

How do I apply to this awesome gang?

This guide was intended for the APD. I have a difficult time writing for too long, so I'm going to spend 20 minutes a night expanding this eventually to vigilantism. Thank you.

Just now, Marzoh said:

thank you

You're welcome.

Just now, Sandwich said:

This is fascinating 

this is very interesting

Thank you sirs, means a lot.

Edited by dmorrison2k
Addition of quote+response.
Face Recka and Walt like this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

tl;dr
Rewrite the guidebook just so cops can RP less and kill more
No

I'm sorry but that's just not accurate. The idea is actually to increase roleplay and empower the police department to be more lethal, where they can't be, without over-stepping their boundaries. The guidebook doesn't need rewritten, its fine as is. The addition of special areas with a more lenient rule-set however, would be a great addition to help players not get robbed in the middle of the damn spawn. Especially new ones.

Just now, Wop said:

Please no

But I would like no initiation for APD when going into illegal zones.  Would be nice to just start sniping the bad guys with my MX

"Please no" doesn't do much more for me.

Farmer Steve likes this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

kill more

Just now, dmorrison2k said:

I'm sorry but that's just not accurate.

Just now, dmorrison2k said:

empower the police department to be more lethal

Next level hypocrisy. 

Edited by Maric
Just now, Maric said:

Next level hypocrisy. 

Not really. My idea is to allow police to kill organized gang headquarters or operations that are clearly performing illegal activity in sanctioned ops. Where-as "killing more" refers to allowing police to kill anyone for less-than-lethal reasoning. Not hypocrisy whatsoever but when you put it in the context you did by not fully quoting Mr. Henry Arnold, it surely looks as such.

Farmer Steve likes this
11 hours ago, Kitui said:

How do you plan to adapt this to arma 3 asylum in kavala?

Kavala, and environments like it, would benefit from unconventional tactics to arrest and if need be eliminate bad guys.

1. Disguised officers with unmarked vehicles conducting patrols, on foot, by car, and with or without the assistance of aerial assets can quickly move to assist in robberies/muggings/shootings.
  2. Special Recon operations can identify criminal hot-spots in dense environments like Kavala and use that data to assign proactive measures such as security, patrols, and training those who traffic those hot-spots non-criminally often to defend themselves/be aware.
12 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

9f9.png

Not sure how I reply to this, frankly this isn't constructive or feedback at all. Please keep replies significant. You can PM me pictures of old men if that's something that helps you get through the day or whatever, I'll just delete them though.

.Casper likes this

lets pretend lethals arent already abused to begin with.. then this would all be good and dandy. but cops use lethals in a 20v5 for a guy that isnt even unreachable. cops should ALWAYS have to initiate. cops shouldnt be lethaling people that can easily be apprehended to begin with, and youre acting like some poor guy who just bought his first katiba to run cocaine is a menace that needs to be sniped without initiation.. why?

Just now, Vietnamese Farmer said:

lets pretend lethals arent already abused to begin with.. then this would all be good and dandy. but cops use lethals in a 20v5 for a guy that isnt even unreachable. cops should ALWAYS have to initiate. cops shouldnt be lethaling people that can easily be apprehended to begin with, and youre acting like some poor guy who just bought his first katiba to run cocaine is a menace that needs to be sniped without initiation.. why?

I'm not familiar with how the APD views itself so I'm not going to comment on your first point. As to how I'm acting like "some poor guy who just bought his first katiba to run cocaine is a menace" I'm not sure.

My intent is to recommend to the APD they follow the six fundamentals of Gang Warfare I've laid out for them, in regards to lethals, they would be used in organized and premeditated raids targeting high-value targets and or those targets' assets that are or contain contraband. Gangs that leave innocents in the streets of spawns, or dominate the crime game. Criminals who stand a chance and to be frank, very well deserve it.

The APD as I view it now, with all the chaos I see so constantly, is selectively reactionary at best. We want them to be proactive and that's very difficult to do so understanding that I've tried to come up with a solution rather-than be another voice complaining.

Thank you for your feedback I very much appreciate it sir.

On 5/8/2018 at 3:29 AM, Kitui said:

Look man, if the APD Thinks they are getting my ass without lethaling me Good on them but it isnt going to happen.  Last time they tried this is what happened.

https://gyazo.com/d020567db683e0506c9c16eb2fb363fe

^ Also what happens when the APD comes into kavala and thinks that they are going to win.

Clearly due to your skill and ability this wouldn't apply to your higher talents.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:34 AM, Kitui said:

I mean, anybody with a brain can win in this game.  Fighting is a joke, you trying to bring legitimate tactics into it is funny for that exact reason.

This game was built for tactics. Implementing them would completely destroy any individual ability or the silly excuse of teamwork gangs are currently using.

• 2 months later...