Question

So I am returning from a long break from Altis Life and am hoping for some clarification on the rules. The rules say that within 300m of certain areas it is KOS. I was recently playing as a medic and was trying to revive some guys near a cartel area. I set markers to gauge my distance and was 400m from the edge of the cartel area when I was shot down. I put in player report and it was denied due to being in a cartel area. My question is how far outside of a cartel area is KOS? If someone is able to watch the video and remark on how I can do the medic thing without being killed, I would really appreciate your feedback. Below is the video. You can see me setting markers at 5:50 (you probably want to skip to the then anyway). I thought I was doing what I needed to in order to not be KOS but I guess I was wrong. Thanks.

Did you see the video? Unless I am seeing it wrong, at 5:50 I mark 200m from the edge of the area and am over 200m from that point and am very close to the ground when I get shot down (ie more thatn 400m from teh edge of the cartel area). I believe that I have accounted for elevation as well.

31 minutes ago, Pharoah said:

So I am returning from a long break from Altis Life and am hoping for some clarification on the rules. The rules say that within 300m of certain areas it is KOS. I was recently playing as a medic and was trying to revive some guys near a cartel area. I set markers to gauge my distance and was 400m from the edge of the cartel area when I was shot down. I put in player report and it was denied due to being in a cartel area. My question is how far outside of a cartel area is KOS? If someone is able to watch the video and remark on how I can do the medic thing without being killed, I would really appreciate your feedback. Below is the video. You can see me setting markers at 5:50 (you probably want to skip to the then anyway). I thought I was doing what I needed to in order to not be KOS but I guess I was wrong. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

KOS area is 1Km from flag. On Arms island its the whole thing and most of the peninsula on drug is too. 

http://gaming-asylumwiki.com/wiki/Illegal_Areas#Gang_Zones

Cartel KOS is conditionally 300m from cap.
You were reviving dead players who posed a threat to the gang at the cap. I would personally shoot you too.
Use best judgement when approaching dangerous situations.

If you're interesting in reviving dead players at hostile gang zones, text the appropriate parties and ask for permission to help.

Distances are lateral to the centre calculated at 0 elevation. Altitude does not play a role in this.

Edited by Gen. Henry Arnold
15 hours ago, Jamal said:

@Maaqs how are you just gonna shoot a poor medic like that what did he ever do to you. 

He was going to revive the wrong people. I don't regret it. :frog:

@Pharoah word of advice as you said you're returning: Ignore all pings anywhere near cartels unless you are with the group/gang that is going to fight prior to the requests; it will save you from getting shot down. I am the one who shot you, and would again. It was clear you weren't there to revive a gang member of mine, and I can't let you revive an enemy gang member that close to a cartel while I'm still fighting them.

Furthermore: You see 3 or 4 NW ask for a medic almost back-to-back meaning there's fighting going on, you can see in sidechat they're dying to DS who own the Drug Cartel just a few meters away, and starting at 6:45, you can actually hear gunshots meaning it's still a hot/active area. Next time, use your noggin a bit.

Edited by Maaqs