Hard Restart Only Poll

Hard Restart Poll  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Should the servers hard restart every restart to help performance?

This thread is here for the communities/staff/developer input. Keep the thread clean please.

In effort to better server performance I suggest that the servers hard restart only, while it might cause a bit of slight inconvenience it could potentially make the servers far more reliable. Personally I have seen the mass kicks and server crashes more often when the server didn't hard restart for the previous restart. While I recognize that it definitely be a pain in the ass to not have your vehicles come back after a hard restart more often then not, you could at least expect to experience less mass kicks and crashes. I think this is a big deal for a new player because if that new player gets BE kicked every time he tries to do his first coke run you can't expect him to stick around long. I don't think this should be permanent, nor does it need to be. This would be a band aid to the performance issues not a fix.

I also suggest that this is ran on a trial period for say, a week on server 1. The results could then be compared to server 4 and 3 (if the devs want to compare it to server 3.) If nothing changes it get's changed back to the current server cycle setup. Considering this is what I imagine to be a really simple change and easy to revert I can't imagine why the devs wouldn't want to give this a shot if the community backs it. Whether you agree or disagree, comment on why. Who knows discussion could bring a better solution to the table.
@bamf

Edited by Steve

I think they should go with my plan from the start:

1. Go Rogue start deleting all of their friends off of steam

2. Rip off the Olympus mission file and start deleting shit out of it , moving stuff around, and adding a couple asylum things

3. Deploy it and call it like 9.0 then say that all the donations were for great servers and they changed the map based on people's opinion

4. Throw all the skins made up on a donation and say they need money to pay for the new servers to hype everyone up

5. Get all the new money from step 4 and go buy a gold watch

6. Get a gym membership so you can work out with your watch on and make other people think your cool as fuck

7. Call Leon cause he loves watches and wants to know where you got it

8. Host a gang tournament so you can steal olympus players and then laugh when envy wins again

9. Remove anyone thats been an admin since synergy has been around except Badabing and Clint Beastwood.

10. Add Leon to admin and get a deal with gatorade and be set for life

Scott, Space, Azeh and 18 others like this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

2. Rip off the Olympus mission file and start deleting shit out of it , moving stuff around, and adding a couple asylum things

3. Deploy it and call it like 9.0 then say that all the donations were for great servers and they changed the map based on people's opinion

4. Throw all the skins made up on a donation and say they need money to pay for the new servers to hype everyone up

6. Get a gym membership so you can work out with your watch on and make other people think your cool as fuck

8. Host a gang tournament so you can steal olympus players and then laugh when envy wins again

9. Remove anyone thats been an admin since synergy has been around except Badabing and Clint Beastwood.

Lovely input thank you Leon

43 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

+1

6 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

:kermit:

7 hours ago, Steve said:

This thread is here for the communities/staff/developer input. Keep the thread clean please.

In effort to better server performance I suggest that the servers hard restart only, while it might cause a bit of slight inconvenience it could potentially make the servers far more reliable. Personally I have seen the mass kicks and server crashes more often when the server didn't hard restart for the previous restart. While I recognize that it definitely be a pain in the ass to not have your vehicles come back after a hard restart more often then not, you could at least expect to experience less mass kicks and crashes. I think this is a big deal for a new player because if that new player gets BE kicked every time he tries to do his first coke run you can't expect him to stick around long. I don't think this should be permanent, nor does it need to be. This would be a band aid to the performance issues not a fix.

I also suggest that this is ran on a trial period for say, a week on server 1. The results could then be compared to server 4 and 3 (if the devs want to compare it to server 3.) If nothing changes it get's changed back to the current server cycle setup. Considering this is what I imagine to be a really simple change and easy to revert I can't imagine why the devs wouldn't want to give this a shot if the community backs it. Whether you agree or disagree, comment on why. Who knows discussion could bring a better solution to the table.
@bamf

as long as they can make sure vehicles re spawn for sure on hard restart and doesn't interfere with civ activities then i think it would be a great idea.

On 5/24/2018 at 3:19 AM, Space.God said:

as long as they can make sure vehicles re spawn for sure on hard restart and doesn't interfere with civ activities then i think it would be a great idea.

I'd be willing to sacrifice vehicles spawning back in, if it meant the server wouldn't shit the bed 45 minutes into a restart during a bank.

Edited by Steve
GravL and Buck like this

Allot of things now needed to be implemented before more people lose interest on a "stale" server that now had a "performance" patch. i dont mind the cop content but like i said asylum now needs to focus on rebel with one main big gang left the littler ones dont even get on.

Edited by Smee
On 5/23/2018 at 9:21 PM, Tom said:

841e6937dbd9b88d54267503666aad99.png

You all think a rebel talent tree is a good thing.  But you don't realize, they'll just take away perks we already have in order to earn them back with rebel talents.  Sure, they might add some cool new perks, but is it really worth it??

I say fuck the rebel talent tree and add war point perks.

As for the hard restarts, definitely a +1 idea.

• 3 weeks later...

put the default altis life mission file / database, give everyone max money to compensate for the people still sticking around playing and dealing with lag, kicks & no updates after we all paid for paratus life & family and kept the server running this long (i quit long ago cba)

test for 1-2 days , if there is no lag, there is your problem,  tell paratus if he doesnt help redo his mission file you guys are all done (and really mean it)

if there is still lag and mass kicks or etc, you might want to get some advice on picking better hosting

or just work out some agreement with Jesse, he actually is a pretty fair guy, he seems to find devs just fine @Jesse

you have a really loyal playerbase left not sure why people still play this i think its time to make some changes

or

browse here maybe to besure someone knows sqf good

https://www.upwork.com/ppc/landing/?ct=Writers&gclid=CjwKCAjwsJ3ZBRBJEiwAtuvtlHAdvvguPcvJ6vac_ilNPe_P7bUYurSh_6YtleAXc7seVZlYR4OcpRoCkWMQAvD_BwE&hl=Top Rated C Writers&query=C