Converting to Dirty Money

I was talking to @Patato the other day and he mentioned how SGT+ used to be able to convert their personal cash to dirty money and back again. I would personally like to see this added (or re-added)

With this SGT+ would be able to convert their money and then run a broadcast saying that a convoy is transporting $X from bank to fed, stop the convoy and steal the money (Just one example). I could see this adding a really fun element to the game for both rebels and cops.

Charges:

With regards to the charges, I propose a policy update making money laundering only applicable to banded notes. This is to stop someone from stealing the money, getting caught and then not only getting the money taken (and converted back to cash, causing the higher up to lose nothing) but also getting a 50k bounty for having it, when they only held the money for 10 seconds before being downed (Though maybe that should be part of the risk of going after a convoy like this?). As banks now payout in banded notes and cartels auto deposit into gang accounts there is currently no way to get dirty money.

Why SGT+:

I know some people will be wondering why I am saying SGT+. Let's face it, there are constables and sadly some corporals out there who would take the money and go convert it just to get the payday. This is not the point behind this. It is a high risk, possible reward situation. Hopefully by the time you reach the rank of Sergeant you are mature enough to not be doing this. Also if a constable or corporal goes to a Sergeant+ and says hey can I give you 50k to turn into dirty money, what reason does the higher up have to say no?

6 minutes ago, bbgreg17 said:

I was talking to @Patato the other day and he mentioned how SGT+ used to be able to convert their personal cash to dirty money and back again. I would personally like to see this added (or re-added)

*Wish we could @Dredd had the idea if memory serves. I don't believe it was ever an actual thing.

Edited by Patato
J. Urbanowski likes this
5 minutes ago, Smee said:

Why not if players are 80 or > then spawn a hemmt filled with gold and had to be protected from a to b ??? 

That would work also. Would have to be a limit like once per restart. Not once per higher up, just once. I just think kind of convoy protected by the APD could be fun.

Edited by bbgreg17

The APD used to do events like this back when i was a SGT, and we had great fun with them but since we aren't Admins we aren't allowed to do it anymore since to make it work properly there needs to be no rule breaking what so ever (RDM is the biggest culprit civs start killing eachother instead of the cops) which we can't promise as cops, and the second is it needs to be completely unbiased... many times the APD would think the Rebels "cheated" by using suicide vests and speedbombs to blow up the convoy and then they demand all the money because it just said "stop" the convoy not capture it etc.

Edited by Tyler

they nerfed this when I was perm banned. You see, i used to roach cartels and take the dirtty money. everyone was crying cuz of what i did so they changed it to pussy mode. 

they couldn't change it while i was still around so they got rid of me for a first time offence, then changed it. now im back. 

Edited by Rapidkillz
cHIP oTLE likes this
2 hours ago, Rapidkillz said:

they nerfed this when I was perm banned. You see, i used to roach cartels and take the dirtty money. everyone was crying cuz of what i did so they changed it to pussy mode. 

they couldn't change it while i was still around so they got rid of me for a first time offence, then changed it. now im back. 

if by roach cartels you mean sit outside fucking drug cartel for 2+ hours waiting for someone to take it then yes

How about making it a random event. For example, 10 min before the event starts cops will be notified what HQ they start at and which one they end at. Rebels will only get a pop up saying evidence is going to be moved from an undisclosed location. Everything that has been seized by police that restart should be put into a hemmt and the cops must transport the evidence from HQ to HQ while under attack by rebels. It should happen once a reset, or make it even rarer than this, and make it a mandatory situation for all cops, and allow SWAT access. 

Christian R likes this
4 hours ago, Randy. said:

How about making it a random event. For example, 10 min before the event starts cops will be notified what HQ they start at and which one they end at. Rebels will only get a pop up saying evidence is going to be moved from an undisclosed location. Everything that has been seized by police that restart should be put into a hemmt and the cops must transport the evidence from HQ to HQ while under attack by rebels. It should happen once a reset, or make it even rarer than this, and make it a mandatory situation for all cops, and allow SWAT access. 

+1

Maybe not all the evidence seized but a good chunk of gold bars/banded notes/drugs would be a great idea.

13 hours ago, Tyler said:

The APD used to do events like this back when i was a SGT, and we had great fun with them but since we aren't Admins we aren't allowed to do it anymore since to make it work properly there needs to be no rule breaking what so ever (RDM is the biggest culprit civs start killing eachother instead of the cops) which we can't promise as cops, and the second is it needs to be completely unbiased... many times the APD would think the Rebels "cheated" by using suicide vests and speedbombs to blow up the convoy and then they demand all the money because it just said "stop" the convoy not capture it etc.

Well, that would just be boring as shit and a waste of everyone's time, if someone just blew it up. The whole point would be to loot the vehicles' content.

8 hours ago, Rapidkillz said:

I can guarantee that wasn't the reason it changed...

8 hours ago, Rapidkillz said:

I guarantee you that the devs have never even heard of you 

1 hour ago, Christian R said:

Well, that would just be boring as shit and a waste of everyone's time, if someone just blew it up. The whole point would be to loot the vehicles' content.

Yeah i know but there was no way to "loot" money from a vehicle unless an admin set it up so basically no one got paid for the event if they blew it up it was aids.

15 hours ago, Tyler said:

Yeah i know but there was no way to "loot" money from a vehicle unless an admin set it up so basically no one got paid for the event if they blew it up it was aids.

Well, it could honestly just be the virtual inventory of a hemmt. You would have to kill the cops and everyone around and then lockpick the vehicle. This would force you to either bring your own vehicle or just take the vehicle with all the loot inside. Another interesting thing they could do, like some high-interest convoys in real life, have decoys as well. either having multiple "loot" vehicles in the same convoy but with 1 true loot or having them split off and having the civs and rebels gamble for the right one. The 2nd option will have the routes planned out for the civs to know, of course