APD Evidence Room

APD Evidence Room Suggestion  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would an APD Evidence Room (like Federal Reserve / Bank Robbery) be a good addition to Asylum?

• Yes, an APD Evidence Room would be a good addition to Asylum.
    • No, an APD Evidence Room would not be a good addition to Asylum.

*NOTE: denied by developer ...  will not be implimented*

My idea for another criminal activity similar to Federal Reserve to do in Asylum is an APD Evidence Storage room (maybe in Kavala). All weapons, items, and other contraband (excluding vehicles and gold bars) seized by the APD will go into crates inside the evidence room (crates like house crates), and a similar procedure to breaking into the bank vault would be needed to access the evidence room as a civilian. This could be used to get back lost firearms or contraband. This is just an idea to diversify and add new situations to Asylum life, comment suggestions or thoughts on my idea.

Suggestions:

• Evidence storage resets every server restart to prevent congestion (MoldyLunchbox)
Edited by Real Buddy
7 minutes ago, Real Buddy said:

My idea for another criminal activity similar to Federal Reserve to do in Asylum is an APD Evidence Storage room (maybe in Kavala). All weapons, items, and other contraband (excluding vehicles and gold bars) seized by the APD will go into crates inside the evidence room (crates like house crates), and a similar procedure to breaking into the bank vault would be needed to access the evidence room as a civilian. This could be used to get back lost firearms or contraband. This is just an idea to diversify and add new situations to Asylum life, comment suggestions or thoughts on my idea.

BIG +1

8 minutes ago, Real Buddy said:

Idea: The evidence wipes every restart so it doesn't stack so much in there

We have no plans to make an evidence locker. People are paid when things are seized. The destruction of the item and conversion into cash for the APD is the end of the process.

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

We have no plans to make an evidence locker. People are paid when things are seized. The destruction of the item and conversion into cash for the APD is the end of the process.

They get no money for seizing guns, ammo, or scopes. Most of the time you only get money from seizing lock picks. Im also pretty sure you dont get money for seizing drugs off of a player only from a vehicle.

To make a long story short pretty much the whole community, or what's left of it anyways has been asking for something like this for going on 2 years now. No matter how much support it gets, it won't happen. Frankly I'm okay with that if they get the servers to not lag and crash in excess of 3x a day. Though the server performance was once far worse then it is now, it is still truly unplayable during high pop times.

Edited by Steve
Azeh likes this
20 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

They get no money for seizing guns, ammo, or scopes. Most of the time you only get money from seizing lock picks. Im also pretty sure you dont get money for seizing drugs off of a player only from a vehicle.

Every time I seize evidence at the HQ i get paid regardless of what it is, so unless thats changed....

On 5/29/2018 at 11:25 PM, Gnashes said:

So do you guys plan on adding any new end game content to make asylum interesting for not just the new summer players but our vets??? Or is Olympus just going to keep gaining popularity with the actual fights constantly and a large amount of content coming in monthly... 

Don't get me wrong asylum will always be my home, but I wish you guys would set up a donation reward for hiring a dev to put something together especially since you and bamf work a lot. You know for a fact people would pay especially since we haven't missed out on tier one rewards (I'm almost certain) since you implemented it.

Edited by Treeontyn
dubya likes this
20 hours ago, Treeontyn said:

So do you guys plan on adding any new end game content to make asylum interesting for not just the new summer players but our vets??? Or is Olympus just going to keep gaining popularity with the actual fights constantly and a large amount of content coming in monthly...

Only issue I see with this particular thing is storing all those items and the moving parts will almost certainly destroy the servers performance

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

Only issue I see with this particular thing is storing all those items and the moving parts will almost certainly destroy the servers performance

Yeah I get that, it just sucks that we are so handicapped b/c of performance. I don't get why we can't public fund a dev to rework our code so they can add new shit in. Again, just look at olympus, newer framework, so they have so much extra shit with still better performance than us...

4 hours ago, Treeontyn said:

Yeah I get that, it just sucks that we are so handicapped b/c of performance. I don't get why we can't public fund a dev to rework our code so they can add new shit in. Again, just look at olympus, newer framework, so they have so much extra shit with still better performance than us...

I would pay just to get the server running at its best lol I hate crashes and other things like that but if we exchange new content for a few server crashes here and there like usual I would be fine, I think as a community we should come together and crowdfund a dev who solely concentrates on fixing the server, IDK about everyone else but I would pay

I dont have access to the logs but Im sure @Gnashes would confirm most of the items found in a lockup event would be pistols and unprocessed drugs. You cant do anything with it besides dump it in a house so why would gangs put 10+ people risking their load outs/bounty to do it? Also this event would only be worth doing at the very end of a restart which also happens to be the most laggy time.